You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Refer a friend / Fault

edited February 2010 in Poker Chat
Hi
earlier on today i refered my sister to join skypoker, she was sat with me as i logged into my account and scrolled to refer a friend, filled all the details and she recieved her e mail saying i reffered her and to follow this link in the email to register.
having filled all the info in, bank details, poker nick, alias,  etc her account was created, she deposited £5 and started to play (and lost lol)
whilst she was on her accounti asked her to click on create a live chat, it popped up and said i was 34th in the que oO, wasnt waiting so i called them as its free to enquire in detail about the £25 £50 refer a friend.
was told on the phone that my sister had joined "wrong" and said she just used the " join now" tab.
incorrect as it was me who reffered her and you never use the join now tab whilst going through any of the refer a friend process.
i have e mailed sky with the screenshots of the email i have sent and just waiting for a decision from their marketting team.

now this surely has got to be something to do with the 503 error i was recieving all night i logged on at one point (after a few hours trying) and it said my balance was £0.00, even tho i have a few quid in there.

so their are a few bugs in their somewhere, however i will extremely dissapointed if the "marketing team" refuse to pay me my bonus, after all i followed all their instructions so i cant be at fault.......surely

wasnt my fault that sky was down, but it can come under false advertisement if they refuse.

what you think guys

Comments

• edited February 2010
    think she has to get so many points,think its 500 for you to claim your bonus, check small print
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Refer a friend / Fault:
    think she has to get so many points,think its 500 for you to claim your bonus, check small print
    Posted by stokefc
    i know mate, its the saying she never registered correctly
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Refer a friend / Fault : i know mate, its the saying she never registered correctly
    Posted by maudey
    ahh ok m8 sry
  • edited February 2010
    I think its 385 or something around there.  I was going to refer my mate yesterday as hes joining until I read the small print.  I play on here quite alot and only had 185 points last month.  Its just encouraging people to play in games they cant afford.  Can you think about giving the bonus when the player has played so many hours the first month? 
  • edited February 2010
    I think its 385 or something around there.  I was going to refer my mate yesterday as hes joining until I read the small print.  I play on here quite alot and only had 185 points last month.  Its just encouraging people to play in games they cant afford.  Can you think about giving the bonus when the player has played so many hours the first month? 
    Posted by POTTSY82
    i dont get theese points at all, it says every cash game / hand you play you earn points/

ive played alot of cash games over the last 2 weeks playing for 3-4 hours at a time and ive only ammased 89 points.

anyone clear theese points up?
  • edited February 2010
    https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby/poker-promotions/earning-poker-points

i play 2p 4p Heads up and the low level STTs mate, probably average about 2/3 hours a day maybe more and wouldnt have come close
  • edited February 2010
    hey guys,

i'm sorry to hear about this confusion, let me try and get one of the team to post on this thread and clear up any queries you may have.

(please bear in mind it's the weekend and the rest of the team aren't likely to be back in until Monday.)

thank you!
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Refer a friend / Fault:
    Hi earlier on today i refered my sister to join skypoker, she was sat with me as i logged into my account and scrolled to refer a friend, filled all the details and she recieved her e mail saying i reffered her and to follow this link in the email to register. having filled all the info in, bank details, poker nick, alias,  etc her account was created, she deposited £5 and started to play (and lost lol) whilst she was on her accounti asked her to click on create a live chat, it popped up and said i was 34th in the que oO, wasnt waiting so i called them as its free to enquire in detail about the £25 £50 refer a friend. was told on the phone that my sister had joined "wrong" and said she just used the " join now" tab. incorrect as it was me who reffered her and you never use the join now tab whilst going through any of the refer a friend process. i have e mailed sky with the screenshots of the email i have sent and just waiting for a decision from their marketting team. now this surely has got to be something to do with the 503 error i was recieving all night i logged on at one point (after a few hours trying) and it said my balance was £0.00, even tho i have a few quid in there. so their are a few bugs in their somewhere, however i will extremely dissapointed if the "marketing team" refuse to pay me my bonus, after all i followed all their instructions so i cant be at fault.......surely wasnt my fault that sky was down, but it can come under false advertisement if they refuse. what you think guys
    Posted by maudey
    Hey there,

If you send an email to referafriend@skypoker.com with both User names in i can process this request for you. I suspect it might be due to the error that you kept on getting but please be aware that the friend you referred must earn 375 Poker Points in their first 30 days for the bonuses. They can check their poker points in the My Account area.

Cheers :-)
  • edited February 2010
    lol--if they earn 375 poker points in the first month--then sky must have earned more in the rake than they are giving out in the bonus--what a giveaway!!
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Refer a friend / Fault : Hey there, If you send an email to referafriend@skypoker.com with both User names in i can process this request for you. I suspect it might be due to the error that you kept on getting but please be aware that the friend you referred must earn 375 Poker Points in their first 30 days for the bonuses. They can check their poker points in the My Account area. Cheers :-)
    Posted by Sky_Dannip
    Oooooo a new Sky type person, welcome to the forum Dannip :)
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Refer a friend / Fault : Oooooo a new Sky type person, welcome to the forum Dannip :)
    Posted by acebarry10
    have a look at her post info Barry.

(although not prolific) Daniele first posted back in July when the community was still wet behind the ears.

and that is how you spell her name before you ask ;)