You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

General feedback from a new Sky player

Hi Marky,

That's great feedback, thank you. I shall ensure it gets the attention of the powers that be.

As to bigger PLO8 MTT's (& DYM's for that matter) I'd definitely support them, as you know.

Comments

• edited April 2016
    I have been registered here for a few years but only started playing here more as I wanted to participate in the VLV promotion. I then found quite a few OH8 SNG games start in the evenings and that there is a nice community of OH8 players so I would like to stick around in the long term.

I don't offer any suggestions as a criticism but rather as a new player to Sky who would like to see Sky poker do well as I would like to stick around. Feel free to chuck these comments in the metaphorical bin or give them consideration.

The good bits
    • The instant play via browser although may not be perfect is among the best I have seen on any site for instant play.
    • The rakeback programme is generous when compared to other sites.
    • The OH8 community.
    • The friendly established forum, Tikay in particular seems like a great asset who trys to help everyone with their problems on Sky no matter how trivial or not.
    • The fast replies from Sky chat help.
    • Imaginative and interestings promotions.
    Bits that could be better

• The download version of Sky poker doesn't work at all for me, it won't even open. I get a gateway 504 error and it simply won't connect to the server. I have cleared my cookies, updated Adobe, updated my browser, tried downloading from different links via different browsers etc etc. I have chatted to Sky chat help who have been very friendly but have only been able to offer generic advice to try the stuff I have already tried. I have a dozen or so other poker download clients that open and work no problem. I think it is because my laptop is rather old but plenty people will have old laptops and a quick search on google shows I am not the only one to have experienced this issue.
    • There seems to be a small but loyal OH8 community on here, evidenced by the reasonable amount of OH8 DYM games that get going each night and the chat in the forum. There is however very little in the way of MTT's for them and little/no variety in the MTT's that there are. It would be great to see a variety of PL NL & FL OH8 MTT's and different buy ins with very small guarantees. I don't mean a £10k guarantee, even just 10x the buy in (not asking Sky for an overlay). I would be very surprised if these didn't fill. £1 rebuys are a great way to get people to try the game and are popular on several sites even with small/average traffic. A nighlty £10 FL and a nightly £10 PL with £100 guarantees would be brilliant and I would struggle to see them not fill up. They would also draw in a few more players to the SNG's & general MTT schedule.
    • The HU SNG games at OH8 only go up to £10.50. They are offered all the way up to £52.50 at PLO even although the PLO ones rarely start. There is a steady trickle of traffic in the PLO8 HU games so can't see any logic in restricting these to £10.50. There is one player who has played thousands of HU OH8 SNG's on Sky whom I am sure would play some at higher levels and I would myself too if they were offered.
    • The VLV SNG leaderboard looks to have upped the volume of SNG's being played on the site. Any kind of weekly/monthly/regular SNG leaderboard (Obviously not on the scale of the VLV promo) would be great. If points for it were tied to finishing position as well as rake then it might even kick start the regular non DYM SNG's into life.
    • I am sure this has been mentioned but as a new player to Sky I don't understand the need for complete 6 max coverage on every game. Even just a few regular 9 or 10 handed games would be nice. This especially so for DYM players who play a lot, 10 max DYM SNGS have a bit less variance than 6 Max. I understand that from a commercial POV the turnover is quicker = more profitable, however some people hate 6 max and won't play them and it restricts the number of tables you can multitable on. The best of both worlds would be brilliant.
    I won't mention site crashes or tables slowing down etc as I am sure Sky are aware this happens and obviously want to minimise this happening. Don't think I have ever played on a site that hasn't crashed from time to time. Also a shop would be great but I imagine any implementations like this would obviously result in the generous rakeback and points being amended downwards.

Maybe a few loyalty games in PLO/PLO8 with tiny prizepools to draw more people to these games and in turn draw more to the other SNG's & MTT's on Sky. This would also give us something to do with our player points :) One small site I played on years ago would get 400-500 players in PLO PL8 loyaly games each evening and it really helped to attract players to the other varients of the game and get general MTT/SNG numbers up as people could give these games a try 'risk free'.
  • edited April 2016