You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Vegas League Freerolls - how can it have 200 players regged?

edited April 2016 in Poker Chat
Hi

Prob a daft question - but I've just looked in the lobby for the Vegas League freeroll and notice there are 200 players registered.  I thought it was players who finished 2nd to 100 in each league which would give a maximum of 198 players (assuming no-one finished on both leagues leaderboard in which case the total number would be lower but ccouldn't be higher?).

Comments

• edited April 2016

Morning Rose,

I have no idea why this is, though I could take a guess at any number of legitimate reasons why it may be the case.

FWIW, with 198 runners it is worth £42.92 per player, whereas with 200 players it is worth £42.50 per player, so it's not a huge difference.

If past experience is anything to go by, some 30% (pure guess) will not even turn up, so that would make it worth over £60 per player.

If I can identify the reason, I'll certainly let you know. The Office are gonna love me when I send this one up, lol.

I see you have a good starting stack - 4,500 - good luck to you.
  • edited April 2016

it might be that the number of entrants decreases from 198 as some appear in both leagues (or have won a seat already?) and increases when there are several players tying for last place in a league.

just guessing.

• edited April 2016
    In Response to Re: Vegas League Freerolls - how can it have 200 players regged?:
    it might be that the number of entrants decreases from 198 as some appear in both leagues (or have won a seat already?) and increases when there are several players tying for last place in a league. just guessing.  
    Posted by aussie09
    Yes, that was one of the scenarios that first entered my mind. Just a guess, & probably completely wrong. I can think of several other reasons, but I don't think I'll speculate further for now lest I get it completely round my neck.

I have sent the thread up to the Office, however.

• edited April 2016

The Office have replied.

Apparently, it is due to tied scores.

The view was that it would be a little harsh to exclude a handful of players based on alphabetical order.

• edited April 2016
    In Response to Re: Vegas League Freerolls - how can it have 200 players regged?:
    The Office have replied. Apparently, it is due to tied scores. The view was that it would be a little harsh to exclude a handful of players based on alphabetical order.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thanks for the replies - and I fully agree it seems the fair approach.  It was just curiosity on my part - I'm just too nosey for my own good at times - blame the parents!!!
  • edited April 2016
    Morning Rose, I have no idea why this is, though I could take a guess at any number of legitimate reasons why it may be the case.   FWIW, with 198 runners it is worth £42.92 per player, whereas with 200 players it is worth £42.50 per player, so it's not a huge difference. If past experience is anything to go by, some 30% (pure guess) will not even turn up, so that would make it worth over £60 per player.   If I can identify the reason, I'll certainly let you know. The Office are gonna love me when I send this one up, lol. I see you have a good starting stack - 4,500 - good luck to you.
    Posted by Tikay10

Play it down all you like, but it's only a few pence short of a full-blown fiasco! ;-)