You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Small glitch

Just reporting so Sky is aware of the issue if they are not already...

Playing via the browser on Mozilla firefox, when I get switched tables in an MTT and am being dealt in the first hand my hole cards do not appear until after I check/raise or fold. The hole card area is blank. After the 1st hand normal service resumes.

Don't know if I should implement a blind straddle for the heck of it in these situations until it is resolved :)

#firstworldproblemslol

Comments

• edited April 2016
    Happened to me a couple of times on the DYM tables recently.
    Always raise :-)
    I'm using Chrome
  • edited April 2016
    In Response to Small glitch:
    Just reporting so Sky is aware of the issue if they are not already... Playing via the browser on Mozilla firefox, when I get switched tables in an MTT and am being dealt in the first hand my hole cards do not appear until after I check/raise or fold. The hole card area is blank. After the 1st hand normal service resumes. Don't know if I should implement a blind straddle for the heck of it in these situations until it is resolved :)#firstworldproblemslol
    Posted by markycash
    Ha, that made me laugh Marky, "first world problems". 

More seriously, it is a known problem, & has been for some time. The oddity with it is, as you note, that once we actually make an action, we can usually see our hole cards.

I discussed it again with the Office only last week, & sent up a detailed Report with this & several other similar little glitches. None of them are a big deal (to me), but they should not happen, & I'm certainly not suggesting it is acceptable.  

It will be sorted, & so it should be, but I can't honestly say when. It won't be next week or next month, as far as I can see, but it will be corrected in due course. 

There is a similar issue in DYM's (& probably in all games, I don't know) where players cannot see their hole cards. It happened in Level 1 of a game I played last night, & the chatbox lit up with "I CAN'T SEE MY HOLE CARDS!!!!!". 6 of us, & not one of us could see our hand. It did not stop them all limping in though.....;)

I so nearly squeezed (I was "blind", too) but thought better of it eventually, it felt a little dirty.

For context, it happened to me 3 times last night, & I played 30 DYM's. Pure guesswork, but 30 DYM's would be, what, 3,000 hands dealt to me? So on that basis, one time in a 1,000, or 0.1% of the time. 

It's wrong, of course it should not happen, but it does not really exercise me in itself.

Hope you have a good weekend - Double Points all weekend on SNG's. oioi  
  • edited April 2016
    Cheers Tikay!

Yes not the most major of issues :)

Hope you have a good weekend too! I am hoping last nights games are not the trend setter for the weekend, ran terrible and my timing was off and then that had me playing below par too. MTT's saved the day and landed me in a profit of about a £1 though lol.

• edited April 2016
    In Response to Re: Small glitch:
    Cheers Tikay! Yes not the most major of issues :) Hope you have a good weekend too! I am hoping last nights games are not the trend setter for the weekend, ran terrible and my timing was off and then that had me playing below par too. MTT's saved the day and landed me in a profit of about a £1 though lol.
    Posted by markycash
    No, they are not the end of the world, far from it, just little niggles, though they do seem to exercise some players tremendously. Fingers crossed they get sorted in due course.  

A profit is a profit, wp.

I ran horrendously in the £11ers, could not win to save my life, & lost 5 from 6, but in the £5ers, I won 11 from 13, so it almost balanced out.

I was hoping there would be more traffic last night, but it was not too bad. Tonight may be impacted by the Grand National, but after that it should get busier.