You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Lobbies sticky

edited April 2016 in Poker Chat
Hi Sky, 

Not sure if you are aware but the lobbies have been slow in updating for a few days.  When you register for a sng if often doesn't go bold.

No stress, just an observation.

Cheers

Comments

• edited April 2016

Yep had added players and missing players on SNG Lobbies.  Registered for a few that showed only 2 or 3 players, only to discover they had already started.
  • edited April 2016
    I hate to say this but +1 from me.

Eurgh, I'm admitting to playing DYMs recently.
  • edited April 2016
    In Response to Re: Lobbies sticky:
    I hate to say this but +1 from me. Eurgh, I'm admitting to playing DYMs recently.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    +1.

According to the VLV leaderboard you are playing more than Jac.
  • edited April 2016

Morning Chaps,

I will forward this to the mechanics upstairs, so they can take a look under the bonnet.

As DTM notes, "no stress", it's not a deal-breaker, but it is a little inconvenient, & should not be the case.

There is a little work-around I use when this happens. Whatever Lobby you are in (Cash, SNG or MTT), just click across to one (or both, in succession) the other Lobbies, leave it there for 10 seconds, then return to your own Lobby. You will then have all your regged entries "bolded",  the correct number of entrants regged will be shown, & the new SNG's which have invisibly spawned will now be visible. 

It is a trifle inconvenient of course, especially if you have several tables on the go, but it does solve the problem. It should not be necessary, of course, & fingers crossed, they will get it sorted tout de suite.  

• edited April 2016

Quick update on this.

The Office have replied, & they are going to look into it as a Priority.

Providing we can keep it constructive, can you keep posting the feedback on this, please, whether it improves, worsens, or whatever? Good feedback is such a great help to making Sky Poker better.

• edited April 2016
    Is the 10 seconds bit key, I have had this problem over the last few days and have clicked on say SNG then gone back to MTTs and it hasnt updated. 
  • edited April 2016
    Is the 10 seconds bit key, I have had this problem over the last few days and have clicked on say SNG then gone back to MTTs and it hasnt updated. 
    Posted by MattBates
    For me, yes, although we all have different computer set ups.

Previously, when this happened, a quick click out of the lobby & straight back in did the trick, but not this time.

I experimented with it last night, as I like to keep up to date with "regging", as I try to squeeze in 30 games per night.

What I found was that the quick "in & out" clicky thing was not effective.

So I went from SNG to Cash, left it there 8 or 10 seconds, then back to SNG's. When that failed, I did a double lobby shuffle, (SNG-Cash-MTT-SNG) again, 8 to 10 seconds each, & that seemed to do the trick.

Must emphasise, I am NOT belittling the problem. It is an irritation, especially when we are trying to concentrate on our games. My game is complex & very scientific, so it's a real distraction, whereas in your case, it's not so bad, as you just raise blind every hand with one eye on the TV, & hope to get lucky. That's what peeps keep telling me anyway, several poker good players told me, & so did JAC, & Plumpy the Poker Playing Yorkshireman.   

• edited April 2016
    in a 1.60 sat missing players,there was 2 missing but showing 1 missing here
    The_Ruiner12880  dad0110365  poppy7659692.50  UrbanGuard6860  stokefc6500  herbaliser3122.50  REDARROW611920  GROW5ER09 pum010 itsmepaul011 ru
  • edited April 2016
    Closing and reopening the lobby does solve this and when late reg has ended the lobby runs as normal. Well it has worked for me anyway.
  • edited April 2016
    Touch wood but seems a lot better to me :)
  • edited April 2016
  • edited April 2016

Morning all.

We'd appreciate further feedback on this after you have next had a session on the site.

I just tested it by regging for half a dozen DYM's, & it was working perfectly, the "bolding" was appearing instantly, & the associated lobby lag issues which arose in the last few days seem to have disappeared.

Let us know, please.
  • edited April 2016
    Seems to be alot better this morning.
  • edited April 2016
    In Response to Re: Lobbies sticky : For me, yes, although we all have different computer set ups. Previously, when this happened, a quick click out of the lobby & straight back in did the trick, but not this time. I experimented with it last night, as I like to keep up to date with "regging", as I try to squeeze in 30 games per night.   What I found was that the quick "in & out" clicky thing was not effective.   So I went from SNG to Cash, left it there 8 or 10 seconds, then back to SNG's. When that failed, I did a double lobby shuffle, (SNG-Cash-MTT-SNG) again, 8 to 10 seconds each, & that seemed to do the trick.   Must emphasise, I am NOT belittling the problem. It is an irritation, especially when we are trying to concentrate on our games. My game is complex & very scientific, so it's a real distraction, whereas in your case, it's not so bad, as you just raise blind every hand with one eye on the TV, & hope to get lucky. That's what peeps keep telling me anyway, several poker good players told me, & so did JAC, & Plumpy the Poker Playing Yorkshireman.     
    Posted by Tikay10
    : ) lol to the second bold bit, wp.

As to the first bold bit, found this out the hard way. Having unplugged my set up whilst a spring clean was under way, when I next logged in for a session the filters had re-set, the next thing I knew I was sat between aj 'the champ' milton and your good self, stealers wheel 'stuck in the middle with you' mysteriously started going round my head.

To cut a long 'story' of the game short, you knocked out the champ and I knocked you out, by my calculations that makes me the undisputed champ, king, conqueror and other such adjectives, of the 4 card game.

I hereby retire, well until the next time my filters are re-set.

ps lobby seems better today.

• edited April 2016

^^^

You ARE the Champ.

PS - Glad to hear the lobbies seem better today.
  • edited April 2016
    I had a look at the community guidelines earlier. This bit stood out.

The obvious stuff

"* Defamatory, hateful, potentially libellous posts"

Unfortunately I then realised that I'm not very good and Hhy is fat and he is from Yorkshire.

As you were

• edited April 2016
    Ignoring the bullying, this seems to have been much better the last couple of nights. Been going bold as soon as regging.

DTM says no stress, but when you can only play 8 tables due to how they tile on your laptop and suddenly a 9th pops up, that's not stress?! So you frantically have to play 1 table in full size and the rest tiled. Most stressed I've been in my life!
  • edited April 2016
    Ignoring the bullying, this seems to have been much better the last couple of nights. Been going bold as soon as regging. DTM says no stress, but when you can only play 8 tables due to how they tile on your laptop and suddenly a 9th pops up, that's not stress?! So you frantically have to play 1 table in full size and the rest tiled. Most stressed I've been in my life!
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Ha, know that feeling.

My lappie can fit exactly 6 minimized table comfortably, with no overlap or fuss. When a 7th pops up, that's it, I'm all over the place.

I can "tile" 7, but they overlap, & appear in the wrong sequence - I have to have them in clockwise sequence - newest bottom right, oldest top right. Add a 7th & it's carnage time.

Anyway, the sticky lobby thing, as reported in this thread, now appears to be 100% solved. 

Well played Sam, who had to start an hour earlier on Wednesday (so that'd be 10am) to get it sorted.

• edited April 2016
    In Response to Re: Lobbies sticky : Ha, know that feeling.   My lappie can fit exactly 6 minimized table comfortably, with no overlap or fuss. When a 7th pops up, that's it, I'm all over the place. I can "tile" 7, but they overlap, & appear in the wrong sequence - I have to have them in clockwise sequence - newest bottom right, oldest top right. Add a 7th & it's carnage time. Anyway, the sticky lobby thing, as reported in this thread, now appears to be 100% solved.  Well played Sam, who had to start an hour earlier on Wednesday (so that'd be 10am) to get it sorted.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Sounds similar to my laptop. 6 tile with no overlap, 8 and there is slight overlap but I don't mind as its 4 across the top and 4 across the bottom and easy enough to access them all at any given moment (despite the odd misclick)

9 is overkill, as it goes 3 top 3 middle and 3 bottom, and you can't see the middle 3 at all without clicking on them. I've tried it and its just not feasible sadly.

What a vintage thread this is turning out to be. 100% entertainment.
  • edited April 2016
    In Response to Re: Lobbies sticky : Ha, know that feeling.   My lappie can fit exactly 6 minimized table comfortably, with no overlap or fuss. When a 7th pops up, that's it, I'm all over the place. I can "tile" 7, but they overlap, & appear in the wrong sequence - I have to have them in clockwise sequence - newest bottom right, oldest top right. Add a 7th & it's carnage time. Anyway, the sticky lobby thing, as reported in this thread, now appears to be 100% solved.  Well played Sam, who had to start an hour earlier on Wednesday (so that'd be 10am) to get it sorted.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Does he still finish at lunch time?

I haven't played sng's since the fix but thanks sky for sorting it.  
  • edited April 2016
    In Response to Re: Lobbies sticky : Does he still finish at lunch time? I haven't played sng's since the fix but thanks sky for sorting it.  
    Posted by Donttelmum
    A little earlier, usually around 1130am.
  • edited April 2016
    Sticky again tonight.
  • edited April 2016
    got to agree with vespa, very sticky and slow to load up new tables once one has filled up
  • edited April 2016
    Sticky again tonight.
    Posted by VespaPX
    You sometimes have to clean the keyboard after looking that certain websites
  • edited April 2016
    Some one get the wd 40 out 
  • edited April 2016
    In Response to Re: Lobbies sticky : Would that not sting a little?
    Posted by chilling
    If it's sticky it needs cleaning and oiling. As for stinging not a clue