You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

'congratulations you have successfully requested a rebuy!'

edited April 2016 in Poker Chat
I never realised how obnoxious this message was until I rebought 10 times today. Does sky really need to congratulate me for losing money?

Comments

• edited April 2016
    In Response to 'congratulations you have successfully requested a rebuy!':
    I never realised how obnoxious this message was until I rebought 10 times today. Does sky really need to congratulate me for losing money?
    Posted by FeelGroggy

They're congratulating you for still having enough funds in your account Grogg :=)

I was so determined not to miss the addon today, then I read this post, and yep, you guessed it, missed it again

So I'm blaming you DB, lol :=)

I think I've just gone below 50% now on remembering the addon in this rebuy.

Might be why I don't do too well in it.

GL all playing!
  • edited April 2016
    I missed the add on in the mini, caused a bit of tilt, we really need a check-box for auto add on sky!
  • edited April 2016
    In Response to 'congratulations you have successfully requested a rebuy!':
    Posted by FeelGroggy
    Morning Groggs,

I can only apologise & share your annoyance. I honestly don't know what to say about Messages like that, & there are many, many, in similar vein, including, every single time we win a hand, "Congratulations, you have won the hand!" or somesuch.

Quite why anyone would think it necessary to congratulate someone who has just knocked in a tenner or £20, & then add an exclamation point for rubs as if it were a cause for celebration, is completely beyond my comprehension.

If I were to tell you my real views on such matters, & site messaging generally, I'd very likely get in a lot of trouble, so I'll not comment further, beyond saying I am trying, trying very hard indeed, to address these things, & shall continue so to do.  
  • edited April 2016

If this gets fixed before the introduction of antes I'm quitting life again. 
  • edited April 2016
    In Response to Re: 'congratulations you have successfully requested a rebuy!':
    If this gets fixed before the introduction of antes I'm quitting life again. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    I'm happy without antes, I'd certainly do better with antes, but the worse players will do worse and the player pool could get smaller/harder
  • edited April 2016
    In Response to Re: 'congratulations you have successfully requested a rebuy!':
    In Response to Re: 'congratulations you have successfully requested a rebuy!' : I'm happy without antes, I'd certainly do better with antes, but the worse players will do worse and the player pool could get smaller/harder
    Posted by chiggypig
    Maybe try it as a variation? Whilst keeping the schedule mainly ante-less.

On here I've seen Bounty hunters, headhunters, rebuys, freebuys, multibuys, 2 max, 3 max, 4 max, 10 max, double chance, second chance, frenzy, speed, turbo, velocity, russian roulette, PLO, PLO8, timed tournys, timed cash, homegames, survivors, and no doubt many more. 

You'd (or at least I'd) have thought after trying all those, the vast majority of which have come and gone...

Or are still here and failing miserably...

That poker tournaments with antes, the most commonly played format of poker played by millions of pros, enthusiastic recs, and fish worldwide might just be worth a spin. 

What's the worst that can happen? 

'Fix' the insignificant, irrelevant and as stated by the OP, mainly un-noticed rebuy message first though.

Priorities :)