You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Things you didn't know about Tikay

edited November 2010 in Poker Chat

Haha class mate!

A rare insight into the history of the great man!

Comments

• edited February 2010
    Anthony "Tikay" Kendall (poker player, train spotter, broadcaster, all round good fella) was born in Middlesex, 1907. His nickname "Tikay" derives from the Latin, Tikayos or 'The Hung One' The first love of his life was locomotives. He became obsessed with trains from an early age and used to spend hours wondering why as trains get nearer, they always appear bigger...then it hit him!

Another love in his life is Poker and the most memorable moment of his career came in Moscow, Russia. After winning $90,000 along with Sky Poker colleague Ed Giddins, the pair came up against somewhat friendly custom officials - bringing new meaning to the term "Ring Game" they had $20,000 of their winnings confiscated! When asked if the Russian's were to blame for his poor year, he embarrassingly replied "They had a hand in it..."

In recent years, Tony Kendall has become a successful entrepreneur. In 1994, he opened the first of his clothing stores "Tikay Maxx" and now operates over 500 stores worldwide! He also owns Britain's largest Kendall Mint Cake factory - developed by his ancestors, the cake is popular with climbers and mountaineers as a source of energy!

"He's the funniest, most sincere man I've ever known..." - Richard Orford

"There's not many men old enough to be my great grandfather that I still find attractive...but Tikay's definitely one" - Lisa Marie Long
  • edited February 2010
    pmsl. fabulous
  • edited February 2010
    I wish I lived 1 day like Tikay lives his whole life.
  • edited February 2010

FFS......

I love you boys though. A bit.
  • edited February 2010
    Mr. Kendall also spent many years in the construction industry.
    There was an early blemish when he charged Pharoah Khufu for a jacuzzi that was never installed in the Great Pyramid but this didn't seem to stop him from having a hand in many other major projects.
    In a project of great vanity, The Collosus Of Rhodes is said to have had a remarkable resemblance to Tikay.
  • edited February 2010
    In addition to he's other skills, Mr Kendall is also a successful clothes model,  

He is regularly seen sporting some of the most current, fashionable items that are a "must have" with the current crop of "A List" celebrities

• edited February 2010

You are pushing your luck now.......
  • edited February 2010
    Anyone else see this becoming the longest thread is Sky Poker history.......  or is it just me. ;)
  • edited February 2010
    ...And of course, during the early 60s (that's the 1860s), he had an association with Cambridge University doing a study of wildlife. His paper on the mating habits of Mallards gained worldwide recognition and, although there were some who criticised it as a cheap publicity stunt, he never let it get him down!
  • edited February 2010
    Peter Stringfellow considers Tikay one of his heroes....
  • edited February 2010

In early 2010 Tikay was at the centre of the massive poker 'fiasco' trial which lasted over 3 weeks in the High Court. It was alleged that Tony Kendal was the person solely responsible for an amount of cash that went 'missing' during a on line poker tournament on Sky Poker. As a very highly intelligent man, he actually defended himself in court and after a lot of accusations against Richard Bacon, Richord Orford, Mr MereDonk and Orville the duck, a settlement was reached out of court for the sum of 56p. No one admitted fault in this case but a spokesman said 'the cash was found behind Lisa Maries trophy cabinet in the office and the delay was down to the time it was spent in searching through all her TKO trophies that she had won'

Tikay was also found 'not guilty' in that mallard accusation at the same hearing.
  • edited February 2010
    Anthony (Tikay) Kendal is actually the love child of Richard Orford and Ed Giddings 
  • edited February 2010
    No one knows this but 

sometimes, just sometimes he plays Kings too!
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Things you didn't know about Tikay:
    No one knows this but  sometimes, just sometimes he plays Kings too!
    Posted by beaneh
    I've even been known to back-raise with them.......
  • edited February 2010

is it true that GrandPa Simpson was based on Tikay
  • edited February 2010
    He once tried to lie about his age but was exposed by the professor of archaeology at belfast university, he still thinks that carbon dating is an agency for lonely pencils
  • edited February 2010
    Tikays favourite website is - rokit vintage
  • edited November 2010
    "Some people like to eat frogs' legs...Tony Kendall likes to eat lizard legs! Hence, snakes!"

"Tony Kendall doesn't read poker books. He stares them down until he gets the info he wants!"
  • edited February 2010
    A Russian archaeologist once tried to find out how old Tikay is, by seeing how many rings he has
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Things you didn't know about Tikay:
    Anthony "Tikay" Kendall (poker player, train spotter, broadcaster, all round good fella) was born in Middlesex, 1907. His nickname "Tikay" derives from the Latin,  Tikayos or   'The Hung One'   The first love of his life was locomotives.  He became obsessed with trains from an early age and used to spend hours wondering why as trains get nearer, they always appear bigger...then it hit him! Another love in his life is Poker and the most memorable moment of his career came in Moscow, Russia. After winning $90,000 along with Sky Poker colleague Ed Giddins, the pair came up against somewhat friendly custom officials - bringing new meaning to the term "Ring Game" they had $20,000 of their winnings confiscated! When asked if the Russian's were to blame for his poor year, he embarrassingly replied "They had a hand in it..." In recent years, Tony Kendall has become a successful entrepreneur. In 1994, he opened the first of his clothing stores "Tikay Maxx" and now operates over 500 stores worldwide! He also owns Britain's largest Kendall Mint Cake factory - developed by his ancestors, the cake is popular with climbers and mountaineers as a source of energy! " He's the funniest, most sincere man I've ever known..."  - Richard Orford "There's not many men old enough to be my great grandfather that I still find attractive...but Tikay's definitely one"  - Lisa Marie Long
    Posted by Action_Dan
    action dan you the mannnnn excellent thread m8y !!!
  • edited February 2010

I'm not laughing. I'm not.
  • edited February 2010
    He ate my hamster.
  • edited February 2010
    Tikay often thinks of great phrases to use on tv, this one he thought of on his way out of Russia

" stick em in, see what happens "
  • edited February 2010
    1907 ....................... Looking good Tikay.      :))) 
  • edited February 2010
    Brill by the way Dan......................
  • edited February 2010
    Anyone else see this becoming the longest thread is Sky Poker history.......  or is it just me. ;)
    Posted by JockBMW
    maybe the oldest?
  • edited February 2010
    A little known fact. His younger brother is called Methusala
  • edited February 2010

Groan at you all.

I think the photo of that rubber glove was a bit below the belt.
  • edited February 2010
    Groan at you all. I think the photo of that rubber glove was a bit below the belt.
    Posted by Tikay10
    ...literally!