You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Scripting

edited April 2016 in Priority
I have a strong suspiscion a player with the alias of a coloured vegetable is scripting. Is scripting against T and C's? 

Anyone else suspicious?

Comments

• edited April 2016
    In Response to Scripting:
    I have a strong suspiscion a player with the alias of a coloured vegetable is scripting. Is scripting against T and C's?  Anyone else suspicious?
    Posted by theraven99
    Hi raven still quite new to online poker what is scripting 
  • edited April 2016
    In Response to Re: Scripting:
    In Response to Scripting : Hi raven still quite new to online poker what is scripting 
    Posted by weecheez1

I think raven is talking about seat scripting, which is when someone users a 3rd party software to automatically sit at a table. They can be customised or changed so that you can try and do things like always sit to the left of a certain player you would like to have position on or whatever. This gives people an advantage in that they might be able to instantly sit in certain games where there is a recreational player / get a certain position in the game.

It is generally used at higher stakes games (£200NL+), I don't think anyone at like £20NL is using one. I have never used one.

My understanding is that seat scripting (like any 3rd party software) is banned on Sky.
  • edited April 2016
    In Response to Re: Scripting : I think raven is talking about seat scripting, which is when someone users a 3rd party software to automatically sit at a table. They can be customised or changed so that you can try and do things like always sit to the left of a certain player you would like to have position on or whatever. This gives people an advantage in that they might be able to instantly sit in certain games where there is a recreational player / get a certain position in the game. It is generally used at higher stakes games (£200NL+), I don't think anyone at like £20NL is using one. I have never used one. My understanding is that seat scripting (like any 3rd party software) is banned on Sky.
    Posted by EmmaWatson
    thanks emma
  • edited April 2016
    In Response to Re: Scripting : thanks emma
    Posted by weecheez1
    No problem. If you want to read more about seat scripting and the problems of aggressive game selection at the high stakes games Phil Galfond wrote a good blog post about it on his site a few years back.
  • edited April 2016
    In Response to Scripting:
    I have a strong suspiscion a player with the alias of a coloured vegetable is scripting. Is scripting against T and C's?  Anyone else suspicious?
    Posted by theraven99

As opposed to a colourless vegetable?
  • edited April 2016
    In Response to Scripting : As opposed to a colourless vegetable?
    Posted by splashies
    well of course vegetables are coloured. However people using both a colour and a vegetable in there alias was the point to this post :)

Reading comprehension eh? a marvellous thing ;)

Back on topic any regs any thoughts on this? One person i spoke to reckons it might be the auto seat option being left on but to me this scenario seemed different and reminded me of the musical chairs scenario on stars. Obviously innocent until proven guilty and all that and i may very well be wrong.
  • edited April 2016
    In Response to Scripting : As opposed to a colourless vegetable?
    Posted by splashies
    well of course vegetables are coloured. However people using both a colour and a vegetable in there alias was the point to this post :)

Reading comprehension eh? a marvellous thing ;)

Back on topic any regs any thoughts on this? One person i spoke to reckons it might be the auto seat option being left on but to me this scenario seemed different and reminded me of the musical chairs scenario on stars. Obviously innocent until proven guilty and all that and i may very well be wrong.