You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

What to do with Poker Points?

edited April 2016 in Poker Chat
I have a lot of Poker Points. What is the best way to use them, try to turn them in to cash. I used to use them for free roll games with the possibility of a small cash win, if you maid the last table, but they do not seem to do as many any more. Any advice or help would be great.

Comments

• edited April 2016
    Sky shold consider some freerolls that cost about 500 pts,prizefund can still be small enough but with fewer entries they are at least of interest to those that have built up a large amount of pts.

Ger
  • edited April 2016
    I am a low stake player who barely plays anymore and I have 9000.

Goodness knows how much the regs/higher stakes have
  • edited April 2016
    In Response to What to do with Poker Points?:
    I have a lot of Poker Points. What is the best way to use them, try to turn them in to cash.
    I used to use them for free roll games with the possibility of a small cash win, if you maid the last table, but they do not seem to do as many any more. Any advice or help would be great.
    Posted by elamigo

Earn enough to play the nightly freerolls (50 pts per week), a tourney token(100 pts per week) or cash (+500pts per week) if you can't do that then try and group your play so you earn enough in one day to play the Added value Freerolls (at the moment you can win a roller seat) I think it is either 10 or 20 points in a day. 
    Plus of course there are still some points freerolls.
  • edited April 2016
    In Response to Re: What to do with Poker Points?:
    Sky shold consider some freerolls that cost about 500 pts,prizefund can still be small enough but with fewer entries they are at least of interest to those that have built up a large amount of pts. Ger
    Posted by gerardirl
    I agree with you, if Sky had games that you could entre for say 500 pts, but could possibly win GBP 5.00 or something it would be worth playing. thanks for taking the time to blog. be lucky
  • edited April 2016
    In Response to What to do with Poker Points? : Earn enough to play the nightly freerolls (50 pts per week), a tourney token(100 pts per week) or cash (+500pts per week) if you can't do that then try and group your play so you earn enough in one day to play the Added value Freerolls (at the moment you can win a roller seat) I think it is either 10 or 20 points in a day.  Plus of course there are still some points freerolls.
    Posted by HENDRIK62

Thanks for the good information. I have 14000 pts and would like to be able to entre games for say 500 pts and have the chance to may be cash and make say GBP 5.00. I think that this would be fun and more of a reward to earning so many pts. At the moment it seems difficult to cash them in. Again, thanks for taking the time to reply. Good luck on the tables (Unless we meet, in which case you are allowed to run badly). 
  • edited April 2016
    I think the problem with points, is on other sites you actually use them and they get removed from the account,

But on sky, you keep them for like, ever.  So it looks like they have no value.

For instance, earn 100 points and get a £2.30 token.  If this happened on another site they would take away 100 points and give you the token. On sky you get the token still but keep the points.  You have had the value from them already.

The way round it would be for all the freerolls sky run, to actually have the points removed as you join them.  Nothing would change though, but it would stop people thinking they have something that should hold additional value
  • edited April 2016
    I think the problem with points, is on other sites you actually use them and they get removed from the account, But on sky, you keep them for like, ever.  So it looks like they have no value. For instance, earn 100 points and get a £2.30 token.  If this happened on another site they would take away 100 points and give you the token. On sky you get the token still but keep the points.  You have had the value from them already. The way round it would be for all the freerolls sky run, to actually have the points removed as you join them.  Nothing would change though, but it would stop people thinking they have something that should hold additional value
    Posted by MrWh1te
    Think this sums it up...

The rakeback and other freerolls etc mean you get the value but still just have the points.

It would be nice if something could be done though such as a quarterly freeroll that cost 5,000 points with some goodies or some very low prize tourneys that promote games with less traffic on the site such as OH8. No complaints though as the all round rewards on Sky do seem very generous and as above said we have already had the value out of them to be honest.
  • edited April 2016
    I think the problem with points, is on other sites you actually use them and they get removed from the account, But on sky, you keep them for like, ever.  So it looks like they have no value. For instance, earn 100 points and get a £2.30 token.  If this happened on another site they would take away 100 points and give you the token. On sky you get the token still but keep the points.  You have had the value from them already. The way round it would be for all the freerolls sky run, to actually have the points removed as you join them.  Nothing would change though, but it would stop people thinking they have something that should hold additional value
    Posted by MrWh1te
    Thanks for this it is interesting. Tokens? I do not think that I have ever had a token for anything. Can I cash my points to a token for something? 
  • edited April 2016
    In Response to Re: What to do with Poker Points? : Think this sums it up... The rakeback and other freerolls etc mean you get the value but still just have the points. It would be nice if something could be done though such as a quarterly freeroll that cost 5,000 points with some goodies or some very low prize tourneys that promote games with less traffic on the site such as OH8. No complaints though as the all round rewards on Sky do seem very generous and as above said we have already had the value out of them to be honest.
    Posted by markycash
    Hi - But what value have I had? I have loads of points but they seem worth almost nothing. Sky make a big deal about them. You have won 2 pts, but what can you really do with them? PS - can I trade my 14,000 points with you for GBP 14?
  • edited April 2016
    Posted by MrWh1te
    Tokens? I do not think that I have ever had a token. I have 14,000 poker points. Is there anyway that I can use them, other than 10 to 50 per time on the odd free roller game? You get 100 plus people per game, they are fun but difficult to cash and win 20p?? I can not play enough of them to use up all my poker points.
  • edited April 2016
    There was a Vegas freeroll in the good old days - i think it was 10000  points but it did let you dream for a few minutes :)
  • edited April 2016
    IMO you should forget about the 10,000,000 total points in your account and instead pay attention to the weekly points you earn, because you can get rewards for those. The 'widget' on the home page shows how many you have earned each week and where you are on the reward ladder.

• edited April 2016
    You have already been paid for your points. Sky should just deduct any points earned everymonth so people dont get confused.

I have over 40,000 but i have been paid for these in cash back, reawards and now tokens and Daily Freerolls.
  • edited April 2016
    In Response to Re: What to do with Poker Points? : Thanks for this it is interesting. Tokens? I do not think that I have ever had a token for anything. Can I cash my points to a token for something? 
    Posted by elamigo
    Sorry, yes, the cash for points promotion.

So if you earn 100 points you get a £2.30 token
    Earn 500 I think it is and you get £5 instead, and you get more cash each week depending on how many you earn.

There is a widget on the client that tells you what you have earned/what the next pay band is.
  • edited April 2016
    In Response to Re: What to do with Poker Points? : Hi - But what value have I had? I have loads of points but they seem worth almost nothing. Sky make a big deal about them. You have won 2 pts, but what can you really do with them? PS - can I trade my 14,000 points with you for GBP 14?
    Posted by elamigo
    https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby/poker-promotions/sky-poker-rewards

You have already earned them.

You see, let's pretend you earn 500 points in a week.  These then get exchanged on the Monday for £5 in cash.
    So for those points you have had £5.00 in cash.

Sky's mistake (imo) is they then leave the points in your account so it looks like you still have them, instead of removing them like other sites do. (on one site I swap 1000 points for $10 and they remove the 1000 points etc)
  • edited April 2016
    On that note though it would be nice to have some merchandise freerolls, I used to enjoy playing for them.

You could have them stupidly high, say top 10 win hoodie/tshirt down to a cap for 10th for 500 points or something so we can use them up.

Free advertising for sky too!
  • edited April 2016
    On that note though it would be nice to have some merchandise freerolls, I used to enjoy playing for them. You could have them stupidly high, say top 10 win hoodie/tshirt down to a cap for 10th for 500 points or something so we can use them up. Free advertising for sky too!
    Posted by MrWh1te
    That when you used to play with Scotty77 back in the day?
  • edited April 2016
    Seriously, f off and stalk someone else.
  • edited April 2016
    It's because sky  has 4 £20 turbo free rolls running. Those who can get a large build of points will see this as a wrothless one but the points are stored for the sake of it.