You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

SNG games not loading quick enough

edited April 2016 in Priority
As title says. Been trying to play hypers but I keep losing the first 2/3 blinds as the table's aren't loading quick enough which makes it simply impossible to be +ev in them. Cash games seem to be fine. Not sure if it's my end that there's a problem or what but I really think something needs to be implemented in hypers to maybe give a little more time before the game starts if someone is away.

Comments

• edited April 2016

Hi Tennis Bloke,

I play a fair few games on the Site, & have not noticed this since it was fixed last Wednesday, it's been super fast, & I'm not aware of complaints along the same lines from others, either.

I'll send it upstairs though, obviously.

Hope it soon resolves itself.

• edited April 2016
    I tried playing an hour or so later and they were loading fine - and have been fine all today, so think it might have been a temporary thing on either my end or sky's end!
  • edited April 2016

Excellent news.

Stand by your beds.

As you were. 

Move on, nothing to see here.

Next case.

etc etc.
  • edited April 2016
    In Response to Re: SNG games not loading quick enough:
    Excellent news. Stand by your beds. As you were.  Move on, nothing to see here. Next case. etc etc.
    Posted by Tikay10
    I thought this. But then I remembered my point still stands! In HU games (particularly hyper) where edges are pretty small if you lose a few chips in your stack because your table doesn't load quickly enough - maybe due to a slightly dodgy internet connection on your end then it's impossible to profit from that game long term. Or if you get a funny connection mid-game - bam, your out before you know it (unless your against someone kind enough to wait/give chips back (i opt for the latter mostly!)) - even if you are able to return within a couple minutes. Now most games, this isn't a problem. Exceptions are HU and high blinds in MTT's/SNG's but that's a little rarer.

Thankfully my internet is good and bar that first day it doesn't happen to me. However, for some people it might be a problem. Imagine if you sat down to play a 10 hyper as a newbie to poker and then lost your stack because your internet went down for a couple minutes? You really wouldn't be wanting to return in a hurry. Or even worse if you lost internet connection in a MTT in the HU stage.

Basically I think in all form of HU games you should have a longer disconnect time option, within reason. Say a minute. And then instead of instant folding you every hand there-after you get a normal amount of time (up to maybe 5 hands) giving 2 mins total.

Would you agree?
  • edited April 2016

Hi TB,

It would be the same advantage or disadvantage either way, it seems to me. In the long term, both players would suffer or gain equally, would they not?

Anyway, it's not really for me to agree or disagree, but I'll certainly send your observations upstairs & maybe they'll have a view on it.
  • edited April 2016
    I have found my MTTs dont always load quickly but isnt a big issue to miss the first hand or two of an MTT but thought I would pass on the feedback anyway.
  • edited April 2016
    I have found my MTTs dont always load quickly but isnt a big issue to miss the first hand or two of an MTT but thought I would pass on the feedback anyway.
    Posted by MattBates
    Is this still happening, Matt? It has been fine for me the last week or so, not missed the first hand of a single DYM, & I play around 200 per week.

Agree, it's certainly not a big deal, & it surprises me that some think it is, (toasty life I guess) but to be fair, it definitely should not happen.

• edited April 2016
    Hi TB, It would be the same advantage or disadvantage either way, it seems to me. In the long term, both players would suffer or gain equally, would they not? Anyway, it's not really for me to agree or disagree, but I'll certainly send your observations upstairs & maybe they'll have a view on it.
    Posted by Tikay10
    That's assuming they have the same internet connection. Someone that plays professionally (or just someone that is wealthy and can afford top notch internet) is going to make sure they have a good internet connection where-as a recreational that isn't that well off might not have that same good internet connection. And they might get problems more often.
  • edited April 2016
    In Response to Re: SNG games not loading quick enough : Is this still happening, Matt? It has been fine for me the last week or so, not missed the first hand of a single DYM, & I play around 200 per week. Agree, it's certainly not a big deal, & it surprises me that some think it is, (toasty life I guess) but to be fair, it definitely should not happen.   
    Posted by Tikay10
    I don't think it's a huge big deal if it happens once or twice in a MTT. You are barely losing any ev. It's hypers where it's a big deal because you can end up missing the first 2/3 hands and be at a 40/60 disadvantage from the off.
  • edited April 2016
    It has been awful in the DYM games.

That said, I haven't played any this week so wouldn't notice if a fix has been implemented.  I will be playing tonight, fingers crossed it is sorted
  • edited April 2016
    It has been awful in the DYM games. That said, I haven't played any this week so wouldn't notice if a fix has been implemented.  I will be playing tonight, fingers crossed it is sorted
    Posted by MrWh1te
    As far as I am aware, that temporary problem was completely resolved around 10 days ago, and has not occurred since.

Personally, missing the first few hands of a DYM is never going to furrow my brow even momentarily, but I do understand that it bothers some players.
  • edited April 2016
    In Response to Re: SNG games not loading quick enough : I don't think it's a huge big deal if it happens once or twice in a MTT. You are barely losing any ev. It's hypers where it's a big deal because you can end up missing the first 2/3 hands and be at a 40/60 disadvantage from the off.
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    I was thinking about this last night TB.

If the problem is at Sky Poker's end, surely BOTH players would be identically affected, so neither gains or loses?

Whereas if it affects 1 player, but not the other, where would you suggest the problem lies? At Sky's end, or the players end?

I'm not belittling the problem at all, not one bit, but it does not affect everyone, so there must be some suggestion that the problem does not lie solely with Sky Poker.

I've seen the various posts on the Community in the last day or so. All I can say is I play around 200 games per week, & since the fix 2 weeks ago, I've not missed the start of a single one, so that's 0/400 failures.

My equipment is an 8 year old Laptop, & I use a wifi. Hard-wired connections are MUCH better of course. I play on the Download, incidentally.

Interesting problem.
  • edited April 2016
    In Response to Re: SNG games not loading quick enough : I was thinking about this last night TB.   If the problem is at Sky Poker's end, surely BOTH players would be identically affected, so neither gains or loses? Whereas if it affects 1 player, but not the other, where would you suggest the problem lies? At Sky's end, or the players end? I'm not belittling the problem at all, not one bit, but it does not affect everyone, so there must be some suggestion that the problem does not lie solely with Sky Poker. I've seen the various posts on the Community in the last day or so. All I can say is I play around 200 games per week, & since the fix 2 weeks ago, I've not missed the start of a single one, so that's 0/400 failures.   My equipment is an 8 year old Laptop, & I use a wifi. Hard-wired connections are MUCH better of course. I play on the Download, incidentally.   Interesting problem.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Counter argument, when I play 4 sites and there is only problems on one site is the problem at my end or at sky's end?
  • edited April 2016
    In Response to Re: SNG games not loading quick enough : Counter argument, when I play 4 sites and there is only problems on one site is the problem at my end or at sky's end?
    Posted by MattBates
    Yup this. The other night when I had problems I was able to use the rest of the internet fine.