You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Withdrawal symptoms?

edited April 2016 in Poker Chat
Made a withdrawal recently and been suffering since.
Any advice?
(yes this is poker related)

Comments

• edited April 2016
    Assuming this is a serious question and I am not being trolled....

Players react in different ways to variance and part of this is linked to bankroll. If you made a withdrawal after a win then you may be on positive tilt. If it was a forced withdrawal then it might be you are playing more timid as your playing off a smaller roll. 

It could just be variance evening out after a heater which led you to be able to withdraw. 

• edited April 2016
    Non-Poker related : Judging from your Rail posts I thought you were all in favour of withdrawal?

Poker-related : I think we notice a down swing a bit more just after a withdrawal. Maybe we psych ourselves out a bit of playing optimally. Maybe it is just we are due a downswing because a withradwal usually comes after an upswing. As ever stick to good Bankroll Management and try and play your best poker.
  • edited April 2016
    In Response to Re: Withdrawal symptoms?:
    Assuming this is a serious question and I am not being trolled.... Players react in different ways to variance and part of this is linked to bankroll. If you made a withdrawal after a win then you may be on positive tilt. If it was a forced withdrawal then it might be you are playing more timid as your playing off a smaller roll.  It could just be variance evening out after a heater which led you to be able to withdraw. 
    Posted by MattBates
    Cheers Matt
    Withdrew my UKOPS cashes.
    Looked back through some recent HH and apart from a couple of silly mistakes, i think i'm playing the same.
    Variance is a fickle thing.
    Onwards & upwards.
    Thanks for the reply.
  • edited April 2016
    In Response to Re: Withdrawal symptoms?:
    Non-Poker related : Judging from your Rail posts I thought you were all in favour of withdrawal? Poker-related : I think we notice a down swing a bit more just after a withdrawal. Maybe we psych ourselves out a bit of playing optimally. Maybe it is just we are due a downswing because a withradwal usually comes after an upswing. As ever stick to good Bankroll Management and try and play your best poker.
    Posted by Phantom66
    Cheers mate
    Will keep plugging away
  • edited April 2016
    What Matt said.

The slightest changes can affect results, changes that would be very hard to spot, even just game selection changes and then being in fields of players who play differently.

Another random example is you could be too relaxed as you have a bit of extra cash and therefore not pay the exact same amount of attention to other players ranges, or the converse; you could be reading too much into stuff happening at the table because you are more worried about the fact the tourney you are playing represents a larger % of your bankroll than it did before you cashed out.
  • edited April 2016
    Actually the correct reason is cause Sky have said how dare you take money from your roll, right thats it we are gonna punish you now! Dont do it again.

:D