You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Mixing up the Rewards Freerolls

Just an idea.
How about rotating different formats for the nightly Freerolls.
Holdem
PLO
PLO8
May get players interested in the 4 card game?

Obv for the PL games would need to adjust the blind levels as people wouldn't want them going on all night.

Comments

• edited April 2016
    +1 although would keep the blind levels the same. Omaha freerolls are usually carnage so I doubt they would go on any longer than the holdem ones.
  • edited April 2016
    In Response to Mixing up the Rewards Freerolls:
    Just an idea. How about rotating different formats for the nightly Freerolls. Holdem PLO PLO8 May get players interested in the 4 card game? Obv for the PL games would need to adjust the blind levels as people wouldn't want them going on all night.
    Posted by VespaPX
    That's really spooky Mick.

I was in the Office on Thursday, for a bit of a brainstorming session on a whole range of different topics.

I can't talk out of school, so to speak, but this EXACT thing was proposed & discussed, & we came up with a potential list of different Freeroll formats. Almost every format possible was mentioned, then we whittled the list down. All being well, you'll see some action on this front in a month or so. 

I have to say, I argued AGAINST PLO8 Freerolls. The vast majority of players have no idea how PLO8 works, it's such an odd game where we play for 2 pots (sometimes...) & in the low pot, traditional hand rankings (sets, most (but not all) straights, 2 pairs, flushes, boats etc) don't even count. PLO, yes, PLO8, no.

I'm referring to the Rewards Freeroll here by the way, not the regular Freerolls.    

• edited April 2016
    In Response to Re: Mixing up the Rewards Freerolls:
    In Response to Mixing up the Rewards Freerolls : That's really spooky Mick. I was in the Office on Thursday, for a bit of a brainstorming session on a whole range of different topics. I can't talk out of school, so to speak, but this EXACT thing was proposed & discussed, & we came up with a potential list of different Freeroll formats. Almost every format possible was mentioned, then we whittled the list down. All being well, you'll see some action on this front in a month or so.  I have to say, I argued AGAINST PLO8 Freerolls. The vast majority of players have no idea how PLO8 works, it's such an odd game where we play for 2 pots (sometimes...) & in the low pot, traditional hand rankings (sets, most (but not all) straights, 2 pairs, flushes, boats etc) don't even count. PLO, yes, PLO8, no. I'm referring to the Rewards Freeroll here by the way, not the regular Freerolls.      
    Posted by Tikay10
    Totally understand that.
    Just added PLO8 into the mix as we wouldn't want the ploppers moaning would we? :-)
  • edited April 2016
    In Response to Re: Mixing up the Rewards Freerolls:
    In Response to Mixing up the Rewards Freerolls : That's really spooky Mick. I was in the Office on Thursday, for a bit of a brainstorming session on a whole range of different topics. I can't talk out of school, so to speak, but this EXACT thing was proposed & discussed, & we came up with a potential list of different Freeroll formats. Almost every format possible was mentioned, then we whittled the list down. All being well, you'll see some action on this front in a month or so.  I have to say, I argued AGAINST PLO8 Freerolls. The vast majority of players have no idea how PLO8 works, it's such an odd game where we play for 2 pots (sometimes...) & in the low pot, traditional hand rankings (sets, most (but not all) straights, 2 pairs, flushes, boats etc) don't even count. PLO, yes, PLO8, no. I'm referring to the Rewards Freeroll here by the way, not the regular Freerolls.      
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thats exactly why I would vehemently argue for them. People will play it anyway because it is a freeroll. A percentage will think WTF is going on here but still come out slightly better informed. A portion of the rest will think 'hey that was fun, I might try some real money PLO8 tourneys/SNG'S'.

P.S. that is exactly how I got into the game, rewards PLO8 freerolls on another site about 10 years ago.

• edited April 2016
    P.P.S. I would be happy to make a wager that traffic in PLO8 DYM's would go up by between 30%-100% within 3 months if there was a twice weekly or more PLO8 rewards freeroll.