You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

How low

edited April 2016 in Poker Chat
to not only steal someone's blinds in a hyper HU game when they disconnect but to then sit at another game they are regged for. You know who you are. Fuming, still.

Comments

• edited April 2016

lol.

Part of me thinks that's pretty scummy and another part of me admires their dedication.
  • edited April 2016
    Pretty scummy to reg the other game, ul F and gl in the race for vegas.
  • edited April 2016
    Wonder how many of us are thinking 'I would do it'

/me raises hand
  • edited April 2016
    In Response to Re: How low:
    Wonder how many of us are thinking 'I would do it' /me raises hand
    Posted by MrWh1te

Nobody with any morals
  • edited April 2016
    In Response to Re: How low : Nobody with any morals
    Posted by HENDRIK62
    Depends who it is. 
  • edited April 2016
    In Response to Re: How low : Depends who it is. 
    Posted by stuarty117

just to be clear, this is specific to the fact that he regged another game knowing the player was discoed.

• edited April 2016
    got to take those small edges wherever you can find them ;)
  • edited April 2016
    got to take those small edges wherever you can find them ;)
    Posted by RLT16
    :)
  • edited April 2016
    Agree with Hendrick, is taking a small edge where you can get it seeing someone drop a purse and picking it up and keeping the contents?
  • edited April 2016
    In Response to Re: How low : just to be clear, this is specific to the fact that he regged another game knowing the player was discoed.
    Posted by HENDRIK62
    Yup, this. 

Personally I either wait (or more frequently just give them back chips and go "slow" in stealing their blinds => this way I don't waste un-neccessary time waiting for a player who isn't coming back) and I would expect most reg's to do the same. I don't really expect it from randoms as much and can understand why a random would happily steal your blinds since they probably assume if situations were reversed you would do it to them. Where-as a reg should assume most other reg's will wait.

However, like you said it's the regging the other game that I'm really annoyed about. 

To (try to) put both things into an analogy. If someone dropped a 20 quid note and then walked off a fair bit of distance before you saw and picked it up. Now, a blind stealer would pick up that £20 note and keep it. Fair enough. It requires some energy to chase after them. A non-blind stealer might try and chase after them to give it them back.

If someone dropped a £20 note that was say stood behind you at a checkout and you picked it up and kept it even though they are right there in front of you - then that would be pretty bad IMO and equivalent of what this guy did.
  • edited April 2016
    Agree with Hendrick, is taking a small edge where you can get it seeing someone drop a purse and picking it up and keeping the contents?
    Posted by tomgoodun
    ha, just posted a similar analogy myself :) I just don't see how anyone can think its fine in that situation to keep the contents.
  • edited April 2016
    First bit bad form.

2nd bit bad person.

How low? Lower than a rat's backside in a sewer.
  • edited April 2016
    In Response to Re: How low : Yup, this.  Personally I either wait (or more frequently just give them back chips and go "slow" in stealing their blinds = /> this way I don't waste un-neccessary time waiting for a player who isn't coming back) and I would expect most reg's to do the same. I don't really expect it from randoms as much and can understand why a random would happily steal your blinds since they probably assume if situations were reversed you would do it to them. Where-as a reg should assume most other reg's will wait. However, like you said it's the regging the other game that I'm really annoyed about.  To (try to) put both things into an analogy. If someone dropped a 20 quid note and then walked off a fair bit of distance before you saw and picked it up. Now, a blind stealer would pick up that £20 note and keep it. Fair enough. It requires some energy to chase after them. A non-blind stealer might try and chase after them to give it them back. If someone dropped a £20 note that was say stood behind you at a checkout and you picked it up and kept it even though they are right there in front of you - then that would be pretty bad IMO and equivalent of what this guy did.
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    he picked up the note, ran after you, to see if you might drop another note.

• edited April 2016
    I have to ask why you weren't at your tables? also why were you regged without having access? time to upgrade internet providers? shame no one takes liabilities for loss of access had the same before on ft of a big mtt. sigh.
  • edited April 2016
    Limbo Dancers can get even Lower.  Vultures circle over head. Hyenas laugh in the chat.

All's fair in Love & Poker.  !
  • edited April 2016
    Poker's a cut-throat game, some people will use any edge they have to win.
    For me personally I would definitely raise vs unknowns HU, and would expect the same to be done to me.
    But I wouldn't try and reg more games with the player who is sat out.
    It's kind of a weird area. If I knew the player wouldn't raise vs me I'd give them time to get back. Otherwise I'd probably just raise.
    It sucks to be on the bad end of that, I was recently and its really frustrating, but its just one of those things.
    At least you aren't Lyonsbob who disconnected HU in a UKOPS event playing for 2k difference and losing quite a bit of his stack

• edited April 2016
    Spoke to the guy today when I played him. I didn't have chance to read his message to me properly but I don't think he regged the other game on purpose. Sky will reg you automatically if you click play again and there are no free tables that it will put you in a game with someone else.
  • edited April 2016
    If I knew the player wouldn't raise vs me I'd give them time to get back. Otherwise I'd probably just raise.
    Posted by FeelGroggy
    This is how I feel, if they're unknown to me i'll just pounce as I'd expect them to do the same vs me (my internet and laptop are terrible) if they're a reg or someone I play often/talk to then I'd click sit out until they come back.
  • edited April 2016
    Poker's a cut-throat game, some people will use any edge they have to win. For me personally I would definitely raise vs unknowns HU, and would expect the same to be done to me. But I wouldn't try and reg more games with the player who is sat out. It's kind of a weird area. If I knew the player wouldn't raise vs me I'd give them time to get back. Otherwise I'd probably just raise. It sucks to be on the bad end of that, I was recently and its really frustrating, but its just one of those things. At least you aren't Lyonsbob who disconnected HU in a UKOPS event playing for 2k difference and losing quite a bit of his stack
    Posted by FeelGroggy
    One can also argue that life is a cut-throat game. To be really successful at a company you have to be ruthless. CEO's are 4 times as more likely to be a psycopath than the average person.

For me, life is more important than just being as successful as possible from a monetary perspective. I like to do well, but fairly :)

As for raising unknowns - I used to do it for the reasons you said. But the unknowns are often people that allow me to earn a living from poker. They might decide not to play again (at least for a while) if they lose their money at a HU game through being blinded out. Which isn't good for me, or the poker economy in general.
  • edited April 2016
    I have to ask why you weren't at your tables? also why were you regged without having access? time to upgrade internet providers? shame no one takes liabilities for loss of access had the same before on ft of a big mtt. sigh.
    Posted by BarrattG1
    Internet is completely fine. Either my laptop was at fault, or sky's software was dodgy. Or a bit of both. I was pre-regged to a game when my tables just froze and couldn't get them to reload/skypoker to work. Even though the internet was completely fine for my PS4 at that time.