You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Software so bad recently?

edited April 2016 in Poker Chat
All good here Chiggy although I play via my browser, the download software won't work at all on my laptop.

Comments

• edited April 2016
     The software has been so bad for me the last week, tables constantly losing sound, tables taking several attempts to load, broken lobbies, broken notes, hand history link breaking, download client crashing, being unable to see cards preflop sometimes, I even had a table refuse to be tiled! It tilts me much more then it should and makes me dump off chips :(

These have always been problems but this week has been much worse for me, is anyone else in the same boat?
  • edited April 2016
    In Response to Re: Software so bad recently?:
    All good here Chiggy although I play via my browser, the download software won't work at all on my laptop.
    Posted by markycash
    Interesting to see if other players on the website have any of these problems or if they're download specific, I know other players on the download have the same problems as me
  • edited April 2016
    play on the download myself no probs for me.
    do you play on a lappy or desktop?
    i play on a desktop. 

I only get probs when the whole site gets issues, and go onto browser, 
    until site is back to normal. Maybe get an upgrade if it the norm for you. 

• edited April 2016
    The download client normally works ok, and I have not noticed anything wrong lately. I have taken other peoples advice though and when it does go a bit iffy I use the browser.
  • edited April 2016
    play on the download myself no probs for me. do you play on a lappy or desktop? i play on a desktop.  I only get probs when the whole site gets issues, and go onto browser,  until site is back to normal. Maybe get an upgrade if it the norm for you. 
    Posted by ajmilton
    I'm on a laptop that's less than a year old
  • edited April 2016
    The download client normally works ok, and I have not noticed anything wrong lately. I have taken other peoples advice though and when it does go a bit iffy I use the browser.
    Posted by Sir-Gary
    I've had a couple people at the tables tell me to use the website too, so I'll give it a try next time
  • edited April 2016
    I use the website and it works fine 99% of the time. Had a couple problems recently that i'm not sure whether it was my end or sky. Last time I used the software I always found it seemed to crash randomly after a certain number of hours/tables running.

It's funny tho when I say I have rare problems playing on the site I get told to use the DL client - even though that has more problems!
  • edited April 2016
    someone asked me this at the tables earlier and i said no,, then about an hour later i started having the weirdest issue with the download client, i record my sessions for training purposes so sent the relevant video to CC so hopefully it will be dealt with. im pretty sure its a rare, if not, unique thing. i wont go into it as its not the place, but the answer to your question is yes, ive had issues tonight
  • edited April 2016
    I've been having lag/connection issues, so much so that I have ordered "backup" broadband from another supplier, as I think it's software/internet combo related.

Been meaning to do that for a while anyway.

Hope it gets sorted for you chiggy.
  • edited April 2016
    Hey, I use browser only and in general runs great

Today has been terrible in afternoon around 4pm to 5:330pm with HU tables failing to load and being blinded out up to 5 Bb. One guy joined and never played a hand. Lobby sticky during that time too. I choose to give Sunday a miss after the freerole.

Looks like a few niggles today but not effecting all

• edited April 2016
    I played a few SNG's last night and usually the tables load pretty much instantly when the game fills and it shows the countdown from about 20 seconds until start of game. However last night the games weren't loading straight away and I was generally missing the first couple of hands. Not a big deal, just thought would mention it. I was playing on the download client.
  • edited April 2016
    I played a few SNG's last night and usually the tables load pretty much instantly when the game fills and it shows the countdown from about 20 seconds until start of game. However last night the games weren't loading straight away and I was generally missing the first couple of hands. Not a big deal, just thought would mention it. I was playing on the download client.
    Posted by GREGSTER
    It's a pretty big deal when playing hypers. 
  • edited April 2016
    In Response to Re: Software so bad recently? : It's a pretty big deal when playing hypers. 
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    I would imagine it is, that's why I thought I would post. Doesn't really make a difference on DYM's and standard SNG's as rarely kicks off in first couple of hands, but when HU hypers and only start with 20 BB's (guessing as I have never played one) the other person can soon nick 1/4 of your stack. Hopefully sky will get it sorted.
  • edited April 2016
    I have a 200Mbps fibre internet connection and in the couple of weeks or so ive had to reload countless tables as it says connection has been lost. I'm using a laptop which is 100% malware free and I don't have any sort of issues with any other sites. I've been using the browser version rather than the download one.
  • edited April 2016
    Have not had any problems using the software on my desktop.
    But do have continuous problems using software on my tablet.
    I there fore use the browser on my tablet to get over this
  • edited April 2016
    I have no idea I have been on holiday )) for quite a while (:(:
  • edited April 2016
    and I think sky poker is on a break later tonight could be for months or just afew hours ;;;)
  • edited April 2016
    Always have issues mate. Never anything done about them though. 
  • edited April 2016
    Always have issues mate. Never anything done about them though. 
    Posted by cowhead
    didn't think it would bother you too much.
    You stopped playing on Sky quite a while ago I believe?
    I seem to remember your leaving post.
  • edited April 2016
    In Response to Re: Software so bad recently? : didn't think it would bother you too much. You stopped playing on Sky quite a while ago I believe? I seem to remember your leaving post.
    Posted by Jac35
    Maybe the backgammon software is even worse