You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Flop comes QQx

edited February 2010 in Poker Chat
Has anyone else noticed the ridiculous frequency which the flop deals two Queens?

I'm not overexaggerating. Today alone it has come out at least 10 times. That to me defies statistica probability. It also meant people were starting to play rag hands like Q x.

Just wondered if anyone else had noticed?

Comments

• edited February 2010
    In Response to Flop comes QQx:
    Has anyone else noticed the ridiculous frequency which the flop deals two Queens? I'm not overexaggerating. Today alone it has come out at least 10 times. That to me defies statistica probability. It also meant people were starting to play rag hands like Q x. Just wondered if anyone else had noticed?
    Posted by jacko21
    no1 notices that here,u shouldnt really mention it.Thats the beauty of randomness,u cud see 4 Aces on the board 10 times in a row,and it WOULD be random..a truly wonderous thing is randomness.
  • edited February 2010
    Has anyone else noticed the ridiculous frequency which the flop deals two Queens? I'm not overexaggerating. Today alone it has come out at least 10 times. That to me defies statistica probability. It also meant people were starting to play rag hands like Q x. Just wondered if anyone else had noticed?
    Posted by jacko21
    not really that unusual, look at the hand numbers we are dealing with - thousands, i bet if you dealt thousands of hands in real life, you would find 10 flops with QQ another with AA another with 59, it just you notice QQ etc more than if 5-9 came on the flop 10 times a day.
  • edited February 2010
    Posted by jacko21
    Are you just exaggerating then? ;)
  • edited February 2010
    Posted by jacko21
    No
  • edited February 2010
    This always makes me laff.  I know a few live players who say stuff like `I only played K7 because the sevens had been coming out`
  • edited February 2010

Beware of queen deuce then! ;)
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Flop comes QQx:
    In Response to Flop comes QQx : no1 notices that here,u shouldnt really mention it.Thats the beauty of randomness,u cud see 4 Aces on the board 10 times in a row,and it WOULD be random..a truly wonderous thing is randomness.
    Posted by philmenow
    That's my whole point. It's not random, there's clearly a pattern and it was QQx
  • edited February 2010
    Lol they would never get away with fixing the cards would they? And they do say q7 is the computer hand............
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Flop comes QQx:
    In Response to Re: Flop comes QQx : That's my whole point. It's not random, there's clearly a pattern and it was QQx
    Posted by jacko21
    Well last week it was Jacks, this week its queens, next week might be Kings so make the most of it cause the week after might be 36os lol. You only notice patterns more in online poker because there are so many more hands being dealt. Well when I say patterns I mean random patterns if that makes any sense.

I did notice AAA come out on the flop tonight on a ten seater deepy which I thought was very area 51 thou lol.

Anyway, heres hopin you hit thos quads the next time you have a pair of queens in your hand........Good Luck