You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Is sporting offer allowed?

edited April 2016 in Poker Chat
Following on from my disgruntled post the other day, I was playing someone a while back and got disconnected again. When I got back on I regg'd and played the same player again. He sat out, so I sat too and turned on table chat. He said I could have the money back from before but this time I'd managed to get a refund from Sky so was able to decline his offer. But had I accepted, would it have been seen as potential chip/cash dumping? What are the rules on this? Would seem unfair to punish a nice sporting gesture but obviously at the same time I understand it would be hard for Sky to distinguish between this and actual chip dumping

Comments

• edited April 2016
    I think you answered your own question. It won't be allowed because it can be too easily manipulated. Perhaps you'd get away with it, or let off, if you had sufficient evidence from the chat box and it only happened once, but I wouldn't say it's a sensible thing to do.
  • edited April 2016

i think it is ok, ivan. 

remember that you are already seen the best at registering and not playing.  

;=)

• edited April 2016
    In Response to Re: Is sporting offer allowed?:
    I think you answered your own question. It won't be allowed because it can be too easily manipulated. Perhaps you'd get away with it, or let off, if you had sufficient evidence from the chat box and it only happened once, but I wouldn't say it's a sensible thing to do.
    Posted by percival09
    Yeah thought as much. Probably the best thing to do then if you want to be sporting like that is to ask your opponent for paypal/stars details and transfer money through that. Would also be better that way since they can transfer the amount - rake (as it's unfair for that person to lose the rake)
  • edited April 2016
    Don't understand why we can't transfer funds on sky like other sites do. 
  • edited April 2016
    Don't understand why we can't transfer funds on sky like other sites do. 
    Posted by Darkangel7
    No doubt because  of software like many other things 
  • edited April 2016
    In Response to Re: Is sporting offer allowed? : No doubt because  of software like many other things 
    Posted by Nuggy962
    Nope, not on this occasion. 

There are very good reasons why Sky Poker don't, and probably never will, facilitate money transfers, mainly based around Compliance and SOF issues. 
  • edited April 2016

When posts like this crop up from experienced winning players it does make me question wether online poker does enough to help itself when it comes to getting players to adhere to the rules.

I'd imagine a majority of multi accounting and particuarly account sharing offences happen because newbies aren't aware they are doing anything wrong. 

Online poker sites (not just sky) need to do more to raise awareness of the rules to help avoid problems further down the line imo. 

A line or 2 about account sharing amonst a wall of Ts and Cs is just going to get ignored. 
  • edited April 2016
    When posts like this crop up from experienced winning players it does make me question wether online poker does enough to help itself when it comes to getting players to adhere to the rules. I'd imagine a majority of multi accounting and particuarly account sharing offences happen because newbies aren't aware they are doing anything wrong.  Online poker sites (not just sky) need to do more to raise awareness of the rules to help avoid problems further down the line imo.  A line or 2 about account sharing amonst a wall of Ts and Cs is just going to get ignored. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

I agree - but....

When I think about it more - not that i am much of a live player, but, I could not imagine I am down the local and I am playing a cash game with my mate fred and I am short so ask him to raise fold some chips my way.  I would probably just ask if he could loan me £££ and will change to chips at the desk

I also would assume nothing wrong with money transfers and why don't sky do it? No loose situation.... or is it?

As TK said - is other behind the sense stuff.  I rasied a query about the protecting the vulnerable players - well how can Sky, or any online site, truely do that, if I can simply borrow more money I may, or may not, be abe to afford?

For example

If I set a deposit limit for what ever reason and I use that - if the site lets me simply top up from Fred then how is the site really protecting me.  I imagine this, as well as the obvious money laundering, are jusst two very basic examples of why a site culd not do it.  

If I have learnt one thing over last 3 years it is Sky do have a good grasp in the legal and player support side of things from a gambling commission POV.

PayPal etc seems safest option for anything like this in the future

PS

Anyone metioned the half time mtt today? 8.5K up for grabs for just a weekly voucher cost. 
  • edited April 2016

Very good read Nuggy, nail on head. 
  • edited April 2016
    When posts like this crop up from experienced winning players it does make me question wether online poker does enough to help itself when it comes to getting players to adhere to the rules. I'd imagine a majority of multi accounting and particuarly account sharing offences happen because newbies aren't aware they are doing anything wrong.  Online poker sites (not just sky) need to do more to raise awareness of the rules to help avoid problems further down the line imo.  A line or 2 about account sharing amonst a wall of Ts and Cs is just going to get ignored. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Agreed. This doesn't just apply to poker though - many people seem to think it's completely fine to have multiple accounts with the same online bookmaker.

When I posted this I was 99% sure that it was against the rules. But for some reason at the time, I didn't even think about it!