You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Nenwby Questions HEY..

edited February 2010 in Poker Chat

Hello everyone, its good to be here and yep im a newbie..., especially after a good start, winning my first small tourney...Anyway, quick question, im watching the sky poker channel now, just wanted to know if they show any LIVE games on the shows..?? been watching couple of hours now and they seem to be all repeats, ( but good to watch none the less )...

Good shows,,,, i like this channel, the wife will not be happy..lol...good luck Tommy..

Cheers

Comments

• edited February 2010
    In Response to Nenwby Questions HEY..:
    Hello everyone, its good to be here and yep im a newbie..., especially after a good start, winning my first small tourney...Anyway, quick question, im watching the sky poker channel now, just wanted to know if they show any LIVE games on the shows..?? been watching couple of hours now and they seem to be all repeats, ( but good to watch none the less )... Good shows,,,, i like this channel, the wife will not be happy..lol...good luck Tommy.. Cheers
    Posted by a11in
    Hi

Yup, they show them on Thursdays Bounty Hunter and Sunday Primo both start at 8pm on 865 they show hands from the said tournies about 5 to 10 mins after they happen, tonights show is also live by the way :)
  • edited February 2010
    Cheers and welcome to SkyPoker.

Barry is as always bang on about the live games.  Thought I'd offer a quick bit of advice by saying if you want to get on the mastercash tables for the live show I'd advise you to get on the tables at least an hour before the show (when they tell you which tables they are using of course, they tell you early when there isn't someone doing 'The Grind')

Good luck and see you at the tables.
  • edited February 2010
    Hi a11in,

Welcome to Sky Poker. Yes Barry is right about the Thursday and Sunday and also, like he says, the show you were watching at the time of writing 9.19pm last night (Saturday) was also live!!!

We may not be featuring a multi-table tournament and instead focussing on cash hands, but nonetheless the cash hands took place just moments before transmission and the show itself is completely live. 

That's MASTERCASH from 8-10pm and that's followed by TOTAL PLAYER from 10-11pm which is also live.

If that show last night wasn't live then I showed a remarkable ability to predict Premiership football results, as I mentioned the fact that Liverpool beat Everton 1-0 with only 10 men!

• edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Nenwby Questions HEY..:
    Hi a11in, Welcome to Sky Poker. Yes Barry is right about the Thursday and Sunday and also, like he says, the show you were watching at the time of writing 9.19pm last night (Saturday) was also live!!! We may not be featuring a multi-table tournament and instead focussing on cash hands, but nonetheless the cash hands took place just moments before transmission and the show itself is completely live.  That's MASTERCASH from 8-10pm and that's followed by TOTAL PLAYER from 10-11pm which is also live. If that show last night wasn't live then I showed a remarkable ability to predict Premiership football results, as I mentioned the fact that Liverpool beat Everton 1-0 with only 10 men!
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Hi Rich

Edited you post for you ;), maybe as a profesional presenter, you may even learn the days of the week that live poker is shown ;) (we do love you Rich, me personaly as a brother i never had :))
  • edited February 2010
    Lol- could have have sworn I'd written 'Thursday'! Anyway, I've changed it now to avoid confusion. Cheers for spotting it, Baz.
  • edited February 2010
    Hi a11in, Welcome to Sky Poker. Yes Barry is right about the Thursday and Sunday and also, like he says, the show you were watching at the time of writing 9.19pm last night (Saturday) was also live!!! We may not be featuring a multi-table tournament and instead focussing on cash hands, but nonetheless the cash hands took place just moments before transmission and the show itself is completely live.  That's MASTERCASH from 8-10pm and that's followed by TOTAL PLAYER from 10-11pm which is also live. If that show last night wasn't live then I showed a remarkable ability to predict Premiership football results, as I mentioned the fact that Liverpool beat Everton 1-0 with only 10 men!
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Is Total Player really live?  Because I noticed you and Mr Kendall were both wearing different shirts to MasterCash.  If it is live, then surely this is just a complete disregard for Venezuela, who sink an extra cm for every washing machine cycle.  Now, if you were to tell me that Tikay and yourself hand wash your shirts after every show, then I would atke it all abck. 
  • edited February 2010
    Lol- could have have sworn I'd written 'Thursday'! Anyway, I've changed it now to avoid confusion. Cheers for spotting it, Baz.
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    You are welcome Rich :)
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Nenwby Questions HEY..:
    Hello everyone, its good to be here and yep im a newbie..., especially after a good start, winning my first small tourney...Anyway, quick question, im watching the sky poker channel now, just wanted to know if they show any LIVE games on the shows..?? been watching couple of hours now and they seem to be all repeats, ( but good to watch none the less )... Good shows,,,, i like this channel, the wife will not be happy..lol...good luck Tommy.. Cheers
    Posted by a11in
     i think you are  in around about way,

asking is tk alive,

yep it has been proving he is,

mmmm just about !!!!!!

rover and out !
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Nenwby Questions HEY.. : Is Total Player really live?  Because I noticed you and Mr Kendall were both wearing different shirts to MasterCash.  If it is live, then surely this is just a complete disregard for Venezuela, who sink an extra cm for every washing machine cycle.  Now, if you were to tell me that Tikay and yourself hand wash your shirts after every show, then I would atke it all abck. 
    Posted by Wilhelm
    Well Wilhelm, you deseve 10 Eye Spy points for being the first viewer to notice how quickly Tikay and I change shirts for Total Player. I think it takes us about 25 seconds!

The reality is, both Mastercash and Total Player are live, but we pre-record the final section of Mastercash (i.e. Top of The Pots) earlier in the evening to allow the crew around 15-20 minutes to change the set for Total Player and, of course, for Tikay to have another 6 buckets of makeup trowelled on.

• edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Nenwby Questions HEY.. : Well Wilhelm, you deseve 10 Eye Spy points for being the first viewer to notice how quickly Tikay and I change shirts for Total Player. I think it takes us about 25 seconds! The reality is, both Mastercash and Total Player are live, but we pre-record the final section of Mastercash (i.e. Top of The Pots) earlier in the evening to allow the crew around 15-20 minutes to change the set for Total Player and, of course, for Tikay to have another 6 buckets of makeup trowelled on.
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    hmmm  more false advertising from sky,  £1000 BH, poker points and now pre recorded live shows
  • edited February 2010
    Yeah, but you could change into a blue jumper in 11 seconds.  Followed by 11 weeks of grief.
  • edited February 2010
    Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all the information, really helpfull..and im sure to be on the cash tables pretty soon....so be aware very aware...I WILL TAKE YOUR MONEY...or try..lol...

Hey RICH, good show by the way, the hand discussions are very good, but just a point to what you said in your other post, on the SKYSCREEN im pretty sure it does say replay, but must mean the game im presuming....oh well, at least i know now....

So thanks again pokerpeeps..
  • edited February 2010
    Welcome aboard allin i am sure you will enjoy the wide variety of games on the site and it is good to win a tournament no matter how small,let us know which tournament you won.
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Nenwby Questions HEY.. : Well Wilhelm, you deseve 10 Eye Spy points for being the first viewer to notice how quickly Tikay and I change shirts for Total Player. I think it takes us about 25 seconds! The reality is, both Mastercash and Total Player are live, but we pre-record the final section of Mastercash (i.e. Top of The Pots) earlier in the evening to allow the crew around 15-20 minutes to change the set for Total Player and, of course, for Tikay to have another 6 buckets of makeup trowelled on.
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    What are these Eye Spy points and how do I claim them?