You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Keep losing with great cards after flop

Never seen it on any other site like this.......unbelieveable..........2 yrs now

Comments

• edited April 2016
    these are not the cards you are looking for....
  • edited April 2016
    have you tried using the force?
  • edited April 2016
    I sense a great distrubance in the force.......

Like a million voices all screamed out at once when their premium hands were beaten by suited trash.
  • edited April 2016
    Oh I agree I loose with great cards after the flop! 

Problem is , sometimes my bad cards pre turn into great hands after the flop :) out of interest how you play your great hands post and pre flop?

Example you got AK and is 3 way limped and you reraise and get 3 calls. Flop J 10 8 2 diamonds and you have 0 diamonds - do you continue on that board? You c bet and are reraised what's your play?

You have QQ and open 3 x pre and called by 2 - flop AK 7. You continue? Great starting hands pre are exactly that, great pre flop hands. Once we see a flop our strong holding can change a lot and we have to reasses. 

I folded top set AAA on the turn in mtt last night - board was 4 to flush and I didn't have it! A lot of the time our hand is irrelevant - it's the opponents range we should be thinking about more. I folded and ended up on the FT few hours later (brag) point being, a big fold can be a good fold 

I suggest you play the 5 card game for an hour. You won't see people trying to all in pre with AA too often early doors :)
  • edited April 2016
    In Response to Re: Keep losing with great cards after flop:
    Oh I agree I loose with great cards after the flop!  Problem is , sometimes my bad cards pre turn into great hands after the flop :) out of interest how you play your great hands post and pre flop? Example you got AK and is 3 way limped and you reraise and get 3 calls. Flop J 10 8 2 diamonds and you have 0 diamonds - do you continue on that board? You c bet and are reraised what's your play? You have QQ and open 3 x pre and called by 2 - flop AK 7. You continue? Great starting hands pre are exactly that, great pre flop hands. Once we see a flop our strong holding can change a lot and we have to reasses.  I folded top set AAA on the turn in mtt last night - board was 4 to flush and I didn't have it! A lot of the time our hand is irrelevant - it's the opponents range we should be thinking about more. I folded and ended up on the FT few hours later (brag) point being, a big fold can be a good fold  I suggest you play the 5 card game for an hour. You won't see people trying to all in pre with AA too often early doors :)
    Posted by Nuggy962
    I'd prob call and try and house up

• edited April 2016
    In Response to Keep losing with great cards after flop:
    Never seen it on any other site like this.......unbelieveable..........2 yrs now
    Posted by JED1KNIGHT
    really you've not won a single hand for 2 years now that IS run bad 
  • edited April 2016
    Some great lines on this thread !

I can only say, .....suited connectors and small pairs are no match for a pair of Aces by your side kid....!

• edited April 2016
    Bleep bloop bloop bleep bloop bleep