You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

do freeroll promos get any worse than this

edited April 2016 in Poker Chat
one of my sites has got a freeroll promo but the stupid thing is this freeroll is a HU MTT designed like an FA cup. everybody will go HU, the stupid part is that you don't move tables until all the current HU tables have had their winner meaning your left waiting for the blind to get to the size of the starting stack due those tables having both players away

Comments

• edited April 2016
    It's a FREEROLL.
  • edited April 2016
    In Response to do freeroll promos get any worse than this:
    one of my sites has got a freeroll promo but the stupid thing is this freeroll is a HU MTT designed like an FA cup. everybody will go HU, the stupid part is that you don't move tables until all the current HU tables have had their winner meaning your left waiting for the blind to get to the size of the starting stack due those tables having both players away
    Posted by craigcu12
    There is a great HU mtt on another site that plays that way but each round your stack is reset and blinds reset. I like it as I done deal on last two for £200 :)

As above, is FR, bit of fun and summit different, but yeah, if have an edge in HU kind of lost but most FR's are designed to favour the rec's
  • edited April 2016
    Is this is not like all HU comps work?
  • edited April 2016
    Surely if you are waiting for people who are not here playing against each other that is a good thing as one will win and surely you cannot lose to someone who is sitting out.
  • edited April 2016
    Sounds like it was probably an oversight and the organisers didn't take into account the away players sitting there for hours trading blinds.

With regards to Nuggys point about favouring the recs, is the two coloured deck currently the default option when people first play the site?

I'd never really thought about it before, but having been watching the GPL heads up matches, it occurred to me that this would be a pretty huge thing in terms of opening up peoples minds to a more advanced part of the game in a rather natural way.

• edited April 2016
    In Response to Re: do freeroll promos get any worse than this:
    Surely if you are waiting for people who are not here playing against each other that is a good thing as one will win and surely you cannot lose to someone who is sitting out.
    Posted by Sir-Gary

I think the blind levels for one round began at where the previous rounds finished, so the second round onwards you'd basically just be all in every hand.
  • edited April 2016
    your posts are incredibly hard to read.
  • edited April 2016
    Sounds like it was probably an oversight and the organisers didn't take into account the away players sitting there for hours trading blinds. With regards to Nuggys point about favouring the recs, is the two coloured deck currently the default option when people first play the site? I'd never really thought about it before, but having been watching the GPL heads up matches, it occurred to me that this would be a pretty huge thing in terms of opening up peoples minds to a more advanced part of the game in a rather natural way.
    Posted by raggy94
    Hi raggy can you tell me what differance the deck colour makes I knew this was an option from talking to aj and hendrik a while ago but I thought this was purely cosmetic
  • edited April 2016
    In Response to Re: do freeroll promos get any worse than this :   I think the blind levels for one round began at where the previous rounds finished, so the second round onwards you'd basically just be all in every hand.
    Posted by raggy94
    Thankfully for a next round point of view both the chipstacks and the blinds got reset so being made to shove 2BB was not a problem. what this did mean was you'd be waiting ages for the blind to get large enough for an away player to go all in during the early rounds when tables had 2 away players.

It took 1 hour and 25 minutes to get into round 3 and didn't finish until 3:42am!
  • edited April 2016
    It begun at 9:47pm