You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

how to get under peoples skin (lesson one)

edited February 2010 in Poker Chat
stokefc Small blind  200.00 200.00 5100.00
Deadluck Big blind  400.00 600.00 6210.00
  Your hole cards
  • A

BUSTERSIMO Fold     
pdavo100 Fold     
MADMOO Fold     
rekopace Fold     
Patching99 Fold     
stokefc Raise  1000.00 1600.00 4100.00
Deadluck All-in  6210.00 7810.00 0.00
stokefc All-in  4100.00 11910.00 0.00
Deadluck Unmatched bet  1310.00 10600.00 1310.00
stokefc Show
  • A

Deadluck Show

Flop

• A

Turn

River

stokefc Win Two Pairs, Aces and 4s 10600.00  10600.00
sorry deadluck you were right what you said but i did raise thinking i were ahead and i were not prepaired to just give you my chips cuz i didnt believe ya.but yes it was wrong to call retro and i had a bottle of vino so felt brave,but this happens all the time in poker just giving you my thoughts m8 bit like cowgomoo really who btw is an excellent player and i look forward to reading his next installment..i write this drunk hope its ok

Comments

• edited February 2010
    Fantastic Post.

I hope you do well in poker.
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: how to get under peoples skin (lesson one):
    Fantastic Post. I hope you do well in poker.
    Posted by Deadluck
    i hope i do well to m8 thanks all the best to yourself too on to the tables
  • edited February 2010
    By calling there you are a virtual 50/50 against any 2 lol..... but nice hand... keep it up :)
  • edited February 2010
    Sorry you must have been uneducated in the social formality of sarcasm.

I'd like to write something abusive here, but I'd get forum banned.

I sincerely hope you continue to make these bad plays and p*ss money away, it's fish like you who build my bankroll.
  • edited February 2010
    LOL... deadluck tell me about this on msn later. Stoke... if you are prepared to call an all in then be the first to get your chips all in!
  • edited February 2010
    i was being apologetic m8 but if you cant see that well then thats up to you.it may come across as a bit sarcy but i,ve had a few tipples and didnt mean it,but i would make the same play sober.please dont get abusive cuz i wouldnt be able to handle it and i would have to go running to my mummy crying my eyes out...now i.m being sarcy
  • edited February 2010
    LOL Stoke.....

HOW DARE YOU; (without authority)

1 -  Have a Few Drinks. (especially after the Stoke game today)

2 -  Play Poker after Cold Drinks have been taken.

3 -  Apologise to Anyone.

4 -  Be Sarcastic to Anyone.

5 -  Be Uneducated (allegedly) or Justify your Actions.

And Worst of All.......

6 -  Raise when you think you are in the lead before the flop.
  • edited February 2010
    RE The Hand: If he really thought i was ahead, or if he was prepared to call an all in anyway he should of just shoved. As it happens he made a bad call and got lucky, no big deal.

RE The Thread: I find it a little bit of a needle and unneccessary. How dare I have such an opinion.
  • edited February 2010
    And Your Point is Caller?

• edited February 2010
    no needle m8 as i say was being apologetic,as for the hand i did think i was in the lead thats why i called your ai PRE-FLOP, just that the poker gods gave it to me and not you so dunna worry about it your time will come mar m8...thanks emily new you were a good egg
  • edited February 2010
    RE The Hand: If he really thought i was ahead, or if he was prepared to call an all in anyway he should of just shoved. As it happens he made a bad call and got lucky, no big deal. RE The Thread: I find it a little bit of a needle and unneccessary. How dare I have such an opinion. Seriously, fu.
    Posted by Deadluck

Maybe your playing above your BR if it hurts this bad to lose money(im sure thats advice you often give), and from someone that has constantly laughed at peoples comments in the forum, i must say this one made me laugh the most

Seriously, Grow up Duck

• edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: how to get under peoples skin (lesson one) : Maybe your playing above your BR if it hurts this bad to lose money(im sure thats advice you often give), and from someone that has constantly laughed at peoples comments in the forum, i must say this one made me laugh the most Seriously, Grow up Duck
    Posted by HuFlungPu
    +1 hu well said
  • edited February 2010
    message sent. end of thread ---
  • edited February 2010
    Deadluck calm down geezer...not sure why you feel the need to act so pretentiously on here. Most of your comments are arrogant and uncalled for.
  • edited February 2010
    message sent. end of thread ---
    Posted by Deadluck
    I'm also not sure your the mod that decides when i thread has ended either
  • edited February 2010
    LOL Stoke..... HOW DARE YOU; (without authority) 1 -  Have a Few Drinks. (especially after the Stoke game today) 2 -  Play Poker after Cold Drinks have been taken. 3 -  Apologise to Anyone. 4 -  Be Sarcastic to Anyone. 5 -  Be Uneducated (allegedly) or Justify your Actions. And Worst of All....... 6 -  Raise when you think you are in the lead before the flop.
    Posted by emilyegg
    yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited February 2010
    sky rich could you plz end this discussion as i believe it could become heated...apologies to deadluck as shouldnt of posted the hand with your name in it
  • edited February 2010
    RE The Hand: If he really thought i was ahead, or if he was prepared to call an all in anyway he should of just shoved. As it happens he made a bad call and got lucky, no big deal. RE The Thread: I find it a little bit of a needle and unneccessary. How dare I have such an opinion. Seriously, fu.
    Posted by Deadluck
    can u plz tell me wat fu meens. i hope its not wat i think but plz tell or r u just another keyboard hardman? del
  • edited February 2010
    Everyone be happy!
  • edited February 2010
    Hi Stoke,

Earlier on in the game I was close to being stack leader and I think you were down to about 10bb.  I raised with 55 and you went all in preflop.  I put you on A10 or something similar so called guessing it was a 50-50.  I'm pretty new to the game and just wondering if its a standard call considering my stack size or if I should still be waiting for a better position? 

• edited February 2010
    It is exactly what you think it means and I have edited it from my post to keep in line with the rules, if they apply here.

This thread is just poor etiquette imo and the spiteful manner in which it was posted (ie. "LOL i  hit my 3 outer and bust you out") evoked a reaction. Well done, if you wanted to get under my skin, you managed to. I don't think it's a personal quality to be able to do that, in fact quite the opposite. I was surprised at seeing the thread in the first place as my final words when leaving the table were "gg and gl" and I never take a game of poker to heart as I'm used to losing and accept that I'm gonna do so in this spot like 35% of the time.

I'm not generally an abusive or ill mannered person, perhaps sometimes I'll respond arrogantly, and that's my flaw in itself, but to my knowledge that has only ever been in response to all the bad beat threads that appear week after week and they do get boring. I especially do not make it a personal vendetta to repeatedly try and wind people up, which appears to be a recurring theme from some members of this forum.

And what's with the dead-"D"uck thing? It's just an alias i picked, I don't care much for an imagined name whether or not it got pronounced wrong ;)
  • edited February 2010

Deadduck, Its a real shame that you had to edit the "fu" that was directed to me and/or Stoke.

Your valuable input and insults are top-drawer, and we should be able to receive them in their full, undiluted glory.

And for what its worth, while many of your posts display a fair degree of arrogance, I DO NOT think that you are Keyboard Warrior at all.

• edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: how to get under peoples skin (lesson one) : fu
    Posted by Mr_Miyagi
    pu
  • edited February 2010
  • edited February 2010
    It is exactly what you think it means and I have edited it from my post to keep in line with the rules, if they apply here. This thread is just poor etiquette imo and the spiteful manner in which it was posted (ie. "LOL i  hit my 3 outer and bust you out") evoked a reaction. Well done, if you wanted to get under my skin, you managed to. I don't think it's a personal quality to be able to do that, in fact quite the opposite. I was surprised at seeing the thread in the first place as my final words when leaving the table were "gg and gl" and I never take a game of poker to heart as I'm used to losing and accept that I'm gonna do so in this spot like 35% of the time. I'm not generally an abusive or ill mannered person, perhaps sometimes I'll respond arrogantly, and that's my flaw in itself, but to my knowledge that has only ever been in response to all the bad beat threads that appear week after week and they do get boring. I especially do not make it a personal vendetta to repeatedly try and wind people up, which appears to be a recurring theme from some members of this forum. And what's with the dead-"D"uck thing? It's just an alias i picked, I don't care much for an imagined name whether or not it got pronounced wrong ;)
    Posted by Deadluck

poor etiquette eh perhaps you should look in the mirror m8 the only poor etiquette i see is from you ive played you a few times now and you put people down when they make a bad play or a mistake.you will have to ask the lad you named on the poker strategy section if that s poor etiquette,the thing thats suprised me is that you didnt post the hand yourself crying from above saying what bad play it was.you need a lesson in humility mar m8 and bring yourself down abit.look i,ve apologised a couple of times now and asked for the thread to be closed but stuff like this happens all the time get over it...

patchings i,ve pm,d ya
  • edited February 2010
  • edited February 2010

Well i think i must be doing something wrong, ive just come off a 5/10 cash table and i cannot believe the play. whatever i made a raise with AA,KK,AK,A9,56,KQ,JJ, I was gettin called by 1 person in particular 10 2 , 2 8, 3 9 , you name it he had it total rubbish yet he was hitting flushes, two pair,trips he just would not lay his hand down, i dont think he knows were the fold button is, and he hit most on the river. My point is why bother raising at all!!. Oh yes i got beat on every one of those hands as well. time to get the JD OUT I THINK. 

• edited February 2010
    Well i think i must be doing something wrong, ive just come off a 5/10 cash table and i cannot believe the play. whatever i made a raise with AA,KK,AK,A9,56,KQ,JJ, I was gettin called by 1 person in particular 10 2 , 2 8, 3 9 , you name it he had it total rubbish yet he was hitting flushes, two pair,trips he just would not lay his hand down, i dont think he knows were the fold button is, and he hit most on the river. My point is why bother raising at all!!. Oh yes i got beat on every one of those hands as well. time to get the JD OUT I THINK. 
    Posted by scouse1515
    lol. Thats exactly what to do. Your opponent beat you to it by a couple of hours i think.
  • edited February 2010
    sky rich could you plz end this discussion as i believe it could become heated...apologies to deadluck as shouldnt of posted the hand with your name in it
    Posted by stokefc

Done.

(apologies, i've had a couple of days out of the office)