You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Is my alias offensive?

edited April 2016 in Poker Chat
It's not nearly as offensive as KLITORASS. That leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

Seems silly for me to comment on people's aliases, but yours is very witty. Nice result tonight! It will pay for loads more £3 DYMs ;)

Comments

• edited April 2016
    As title says.

When playing I don't usually have chat open.

I will have it open if I see someone I know to say hi and good luck unless its a pal and its usually to bok ; ).

Tonight I  had my 2 poker  sites open and left chat on in Sky .

Reviewing it I was really surprised to see the level of venom directed at me.

My location was mentioned once or twice but a lot was because of my alais and of the sectarian nature.

I found it amusing as although I am Irish I was born in Spain and my alais is a homophone of my surname.

( edit the abuse might have started after some unusual play )

So Question stands does anyone find my alais offensive ?

• edited April 2016
    In Response to Is my alias offensive?:
    As title says. When playing I don't usually have chat open. I will have it open if I see someone I know to say hi and good luck unless its a pal and its usually to bok ; ). Tonight I  had my 2 poker  sites open and left chat on in Sky . Reviewing it I was really surprised to see the level of venom directed at me. My location was mentioned once or twice but a lot was because of my alais and of the sectarian nature. I found it amusing as although I am Irish I was born in Spain and my alais is a homophone of my surname. ( edit the abuse might have started after some unusual play ) So Question stands does anyone find my alais offensive ?
    Posted by day4eire76
    I just find your spelling of alias offensive. I think your alias is very clever (although embarrassingly it took me a long time to work it out)  :)

Pat
    You're one of the nicest blokes anyone could wish to meet. I know this is rich coming from me but don't give them the time of day. Just ignore.

Well done in the speed btw :)

• edited April 2016
    In Response to Re: Is my alias offensive?:
    I I think your alias is very clever (although embarrassingly it took me a long time to work it out)  
    Posted by Jac35
    Please enlighten me, I'm staring at his alias but I cant unlock it's secrets
  • edited April 2016
    I don't even know what being offended feels like. Never experienced it.

• edited April 2016
    In Response to Re: Is my alias offensive? : Cpfc gets a lot of grief based on his screen name as well 
    Posted by Jac35
    Although the above is correct, I have to admit some of the abuse I receive is probably more down to my "creative" playing style. 
  • edited April 2016
    I should say that chatbox comments do not bother me at all.

Was just surprised to read so much based on location and (alias) thanks Jac
  • edited April 2016
    I should say that chatbox comments do not bother me at all. Was just surprised to read so much based on location and ( alias ) thanks Jac
    Posted by day4eire76
    Cpfc gets a lot of grief based on his screen name as well 
  • edited April 2016
    This thread seems to be defying the normal chronological rules.....replies before original posts etc.

I have to say it also took me a long long time to put two and two together and work out the connection between name and alias.....;-)

And regarding those that feel the need to bring sectarianism into chatbox, they are offensive not your alais ( hi jac ;-))

Feelgroggy, I won't post as I am unsure if Pat wants his name on here, but if you read his original post and ignore the 76 you will get it.

• edited April 2016
    Can you all stop jumping about in time and post in an orderly fashion please.

Well played last night Pat, vul hu not to tid.

I see a fair bit of location based abuse.

I'm not from Bristol but if I was perhaps carrot cruncher and cider boy would affect me more.

Completely get that certain location based abuse has deeper connotations that cut close to the bone, which is sad, but like Paul said just ignore them, it says a lot more about them as people than it does you.

PS. Only just got your alias.

• edited April 2016
    This thread seems to be defying the normal chronological rules.....replies before original posts etc. 
    Posted by HENDRIK62

I think the forum's gone a bit wonky. Keep seeing posts made 'minus minutes ago' on the timestamp.

• edited April 2016
    Can you all stop jumping about in time and post in an orderly fashion please. Well played last night Pat, vul hu not to tid. I see a fair bit of location based abuse. I'm not from Bristol but if I was perhaps carrot cruncher and cider boy would affect me more. Completely get that certain location based abuse has deeper connotations that cut close to the bone, which is sad, but like Paul said just ignore them, it says a lot more about them as people than it does you. PS. Only just got your alias.
    Posted by LmfaoAllin
    No-one wanted your opinion, carrot cruncher.
  • edited April 2016
    In Response to Is my alias offensive?:
    As title says. When playing I don't usually have chat open. I will have it open if I see someone I know to say hi and good luck unless its a pal and its usually to bok ; ). Tonight I  had my 2 poker  sites open and left chat on in Sky . Reviewing it I was really surprised to see the level of venom directed at me. My location was mentioned once or twice but a lot was because of my alais and of the sectarian nature. I found it amusing as although I am Irish I was born in Spain and my alais is a homophone of my surname. ( edit the abuse might have started after some unusual play ) So Question stands does anyone find my alais offensive ?
    Posted by day4eire76
    I find the number 76 quite annoying :)
  • edited April 2016
    In Response to Re: Is my alias offensive? : No-one wanted your opinion, carrot cruncher.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Has the mere thought of consuming part of your five a day tilted you to post this hurtful remark?
  • edited April 2016
    In Response to Is my alias offensive? : I just find your spelling of alias offensive. I think your alias is very clever (although embarrassingly it took me a long time to work it out)  :) Pat You're one of the nicest blokes anyone could wish to meet. I know this is rich coming from me but don't give them the time of day. Just ignore. Well done in the speed btw :)
    Posted by Jac35
    Don't ignore abuse...report it !
  • edited April 2016
    I have had a few racist , and other abuse on various sites, never ignore it, report it to the site .
     I don't mind a bit of banter, but sectarian or racist abuse it bang out of order, some people
     just do not realise the harm and hatred it causes , more peace and love at the tables ! G L  
  • edited April 2016
    you should see some of the sh..... abuse i have to endure , understandable like but jeeeze

wd done on the win Pat ignore the eeejits :)

EDIT: posted yesterday :)
  • edited April 2016
    ENGLAND 4 WEST GERMANY 2
    Posted in 1966.
    All the best.
    Rainman397
  • edited April 2016
    ENGLAND 4 WEST GERMANY 2 Posted in 1966. All the best. Rainman397
    Posted by rainman397
    I heard a rumour that they all celebrated by playing the £2.20 @ 2:20 the next day, can you confirm this?
  • edited April 2016

has anyone mentioned the £2 and 4 shilling event?

• edited April 2016
    I've been called a peasant, a pit worker, a flat cap wearing idiot, asked where my whippet is, and that's just from my own father.
  • edited April 2016
    I've found that any 'abuse' on the tables generally happens on the lower stake tables.
    I find being insulted more funny than offensive. Just the other night I was in a tournament and was told by the opponent i was an awful poker player. He said that whilst my play was 'brave' ( I c-bet Ace Jack on a 3 7 9 flop)  that I would never hope to make any profit playing poker.
    There is definitely a line though, to personally attack someone based on where they live is much different to calling someone a donk or something imo. I've had it where people have criticised where I live and whilst It hasn't offended me, I can see why it could offend others.