You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

what is the point?

you've got trips, if your ahead then the DYM has finished, if one of the callers hits a flush we'll go ahead and the DYM is finished, The only person with any advantage over these bets are the player we want to see exit
Donttelmum Small blind   190.00 190.00 0.00
smoothmufa Big blind   600.00 790.00 3800.00
  Your hole cards

craigcu12 Call   600.00 1390.00 3330.00
daviddev17 Call   600.00 1990.00 2880.00
smoothmufa Check        
Flop

• A
  • K

smoothmufa Check        
craigcu12 Check        
daviddev17 Check        
Turn

smoothmufa Bet   600.00 2590.00 3200.00
craigcu12 Call   600.00 3190.00 2730.00
daviddev17 Fold        
River

smoothmufa Check        
craigcu12 Check        
Donttelmum Show

smoothmufa Show
  • Q

craigcu12 Show

smoothmufa Win Three 2s 1595.00   4795.00
craigcu12 Win Three 2s 1595.00   4325.00

Comments

• edited May 2016
    Actually there is a point in betting in this spot with villain's hand. DTM could have AA and you could have a worse 2 (as you did), a flush draw or maybe a gutshot. So DTM is getting a quadruple up and there is money in a side-pot - so by betting smoothmufa forces you to either fold out your equity or call and gains important chips because DTM with one more double up after this quadruple up could be right back in it.

Your call pre-flop is terrible btw. Sure, it gives DTM less odds to win but you are also giving him an oppertunity to treble up - as opposed to just doubling up. He'll be a 40% favourite to triple up as opposed to a 50% favourite to double up - which is a great proposition as a short stack. You should only be entering the pot here if you have at least more than 33% equity against 2 random hands. (DTM and BB in this case)

• edited May 2016
    In Response to Re: what is the point?:
    Actually there is a point in betting in this spot with villain's hand. DTM could have AA and you could have a worse 2 (as you did), a flush draw or maybe a gutshot. So DTM is getting a quadruple up and there is money in a side-pot - so by betting smoothmufa forces you to either fold out your equity or call and gains important chips because DTM with one more double up after this quadruple up could be right back in it. Your call pre-flop is terrible btw. Sure, it gives DTM less odds to win but you are also giving him an oppertunity to treble up - as opposed to just doubling up. He'll be a 40% favourite to triple up as opposed to a 50% favourite to double up - which is a great proposition as a short stack. You should only be entering the pot here if you have at least more than 33% equity against 2 random hands. (DTM and BB in this case)
    Posted by F_Ivanovic

Having such a deep stack and knowing even a triple up leaves just 1BB and myself with a stack 5times as big is why the call was done.

If DTM has AA then the side pot is pointless because trips is already ahead of AA meaning  DTM will exit and the DYM will finish now that 3 have lost. DTM might have a 4 high flush draw or a gutshot so it's the stronger flush draw you want to keep in because that way he'll not be able to win a as a flush and have less outs for the gutshot.

DTM could be holding a full house and the only way for that to be stopped would be middle pocket pairs getting set or player with Kx Ax getting the river paired if not straight flush. Things like this are more than likely to now be gone 77 folds the turn making DTM K2 A2 winning.
  • edited May 2016
    Craig trips isnt ahead of AA as if DTM had AA then he would have a Full house
  • edited May 2016
    Craig you have a decent stack-size but you are far from 100% guaranteed a cash. As I said, if DTM gets a treble up (which will happen 40% of the time given how week your holding is) and then gets a double up (+ maybe a SB that folds) he is suddenly back in the game. If you then double him up - you are now a short stack where he is the big stack. Trust me when I tell you the call pre-flop is really bad. The only hands we should be considering calling with here are: 44+, 98s+, T9o+, A2+, K2s+, K7o+, Q6s+, Q8o+, J9o+, J7s+

All of these hands have at least 35% equity against 2 random hands which makes calling fine I think. I don't know enough about DYM's to say we have to call with all these hands - but I know enough to say we shouldn't be calling with any worse hands.

Going back to the hand - as stuart said, AA beats our trips. The point about him having a 4 high FD is valid - however, villain only made a min sized bet OTT. So if you did have a better FD, you would be calling the bet since you know that if villain is betting he must have a good hand. So if you call and don't hit a flush, DTM will likely be knocked out anyway. And if you hit flush - well you will be extremely unlikely to lose to both DTM and villain.

• edited May 2016
    Did u mean whats the point calling with 6 2 how u are even in the hand with the amount u post/ play on here its unreal to be fair bud.
  • edited May 2016

All I can add is that it's never wise to un-necessarily double or triple up a good player, & I generally get out of the way pre-flop in these spots unless I have something really strong.
  • edited May 2016
    maybe this was a less sensible hand to use as he did have a side pot and trips but some of these min betting does stun me. I've I've seen it get to the final bubble in other DYMS and sats players do  min bets with a weak made hand if not just a high card making other players fold and giving the all in player a much easier chance to win