You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

People sitting out in vegas league freerolls

edited May 2016 in Priority
I have been enjoying the Vegas Leage Freerolls (despite failing to make any deep runs)

Something I notice is that only about 40-60% of the field are showing up to play, meaning that many tables have several people sitting out for the first hour or so.

This means that the tournament lasts significantly longer than it would have if these people were not in the game, plus there is a huge advantage to people who are lucky enough to be on a table with a bunch of people sitting out. I was playing on a table with 2 or 3 people sitting out for around an hour tonight. On another table tonight there were 5 people sitting out and one guy just hoovering up the blinds at a rapid pace, so good for him I guess. I'm not complaining, nobody gets an advantage here (beyond just pure luck of the seating), just observing that this kind of makes for an unusual dynamic.

This isn't a big deal, but I thought I'd mention it in case nobody at sky is aware of what is going on in the tournaments. It might be an idea to make the tournament registration manual, so everyone has to register themselves on the night so people who are not around at the time are not filling up the tables. Just a thought!

Thanks

E.W.

Comments

• edited May 2016
    In Response to People sitting out in vegas league freerolls:
    I have been enjoying the Vegas Leage Freerolls (despite failing to make any deep runs) Something I notice is that only about 40-60% of the field are showing up to play, meaning that many tables have several people sitting out for the first hour or so. This means that the tournament lasts significantly longer than it would have if these people were not in the game, plus there is a huge advantage to people who are lucky enough to be on a table with a bunch of people sitting out. I was playing on a table with 2 or 3 people sitting out for around an hour tonight. On another table tonight there were 5 people sitting out and one guy just hoovering up the blinds at a rapid pace, so good for him I guess. I'm not complaining, nobody gets an advantage here (beyond just pure luck of the seating), just observing that this kind of makes for an unusual dynamic. This isn't a big deal, but I thought I'd mention it in case nobody at sky is aware of what is going on in the tournaments. It might be an idea to make the tournament registration manual, so everyone has to register themselves on the night so people who are not around at the time are not filling up the tables. Just a thought! Thanks E.W.
    Posted by EmmaWatson
    I'm sure you were nice to him in the chatbox....
  • edited May 2016
    This stuff is so yawn. I'm sure Sky have said many times that if its different starting stacks then the people need sticking in manually. It's also very yawn to complain about away players. Just another variance facet of internet poker.

Also, the MTT should be long, its a bloody big top prize and prizepool in general. Though I wouldn't consider 5 hours particularly long.
  • edited May 2016
    I love the dynamic where half the table is away! 
    The problem with manual registering in the vlv games is the variable chip stacks, in fact Alvez accidentally deregged with about (18k chipstack) and when CC put him back in he had 2k
  • edited May 2016
    These away players are very difficult to beat arnt they.
  • edited May 2016
    In Response to Re: People sitting out in vegas league freerolls:
    These away players are very difficult to beat arnt they.
    Posted by bearlyther
    well 2 players who were away from the start managed to cash it a fortnight ago :/ incredible really
  • edited May 2016
    In Response to Re: People sitting out in vegas league freerolls:
    I love the dynamic where half the table is away!  The problem with manual registering in the vlv games is the variable chip stacks, in fact Alvez accidentally deregged with about (18k chipstack) and when CC put him back in he had 2k
    Posted by chiggypig
    Hahahaha poor Alvez. I do know what you mean though. It is quite annoying and have seen many players being the only active one on the table. Then there's the one that steals everything and anything when 4 are away and 2 active players. But there is the curse of the away player. :D