You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

GOOD OR BAD

edited May 2016 in Poker Chat
I know some of you will say its only a freeroll but played mayhem last week and did ok made some cash
but came to play second week to have xxxxxx on my table from the very first hand allin every hand then get lucky with basic rubbish cards looked the second night to see him top of leader board with a chance to win a seat to vegas is this good or bad play

Comments

• edited May 2016

hi steal matey,

ul being on the same table.  it is just his style.  it works well right up until it doesn't.  it takes courage to do and takes courage to combat it.

judging by results it is good imo.

good luck in your games tonight.  see you one day in DTD.

• edited May 2016
    Another point, you would think someone who took that many would have won it. He only got 6th. 
  • edited May 2016
    The value in this freeroll comes from getting as many bounties as possible, so you definitely want to gamble more than a normal tournament. It's no good being there with a short-stack size and hanging on for instance since you won't be winning any bounties even if you double up.

That said, going all in every hand at high levels is not going to be the most +ev way of playing these. However, I will often play super aggro in free-rolls like this because the value of them is low compared to my regular games so I'd rather get a big stack early or go bust so that I can either load up another of my normal games if I bust or I can try and get far in the freeroll and take as many bounties as possible.
  • edited May 2016
    In Response to Re: GOOD OR BAD:
    hi steal matey, ul being on the same table.  it is just his style.  it works well right up until it doesn't.  it takes courage to do and takes courage to combat it. judging by results it is good imo. good luck in your games tonight.  see you one day in DTD.
    Posted by aussie09
    Just a tad short sighted.
  • edited May 2016
    In Response to Re: GOOD OR BAD : Just a tad short sighted.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr

why?

• edited May 2016
    In Response to Re: GOOD OR BAD : why?  
    Posted by aussie09
    I wouldn't say results from a single freeroll make it the optimal way to approach them.
  • edited May 2016
    In Response to GOOD OR BAD:
    I know some of you will say its only a freeroll but played mayhem last week and did ok made some cash but came to play second week to have bb8888 on my table from the very first hand allin every hand then get lucky with basic rubbish cards looked the second night to see him top of leader board with a chance to win a seat to vegas is this good or bad play
    Posted by mildsteal0
    I was on your table yesterday mild and saw the same.Marginal shoves,but it worked lol.I did put what happened on poker strategy forum, on Havea1day thread but scrubbed it as not a good tip me thinks
  • edited May 2016
    In Response to Re: GOOD OR BAD : I wouldn't say results from a single freeroll make it the optimal way to approach them.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr

how funny that you should think that way.

• edited May 2016
    In Response to Re: GOOD OR BAD : how funny that you should think that way.  
    Posted by aussie09
    I've seen how you play so I'm not surprised you think its good.

That a bit clearer for you?
  • edited May 2016

you expose your limitations harry by your in the box thinking.

• edited May 2016
    you expose your limitations harry by your in the box thinking.  
    Posted by aussie09
    How funny you should think that way.
  • edited May 2016
    I could watch you 2 go at it all night lol... behave gents would be boring if we all played the same... infact we would all be losing
  • edited May 2016
    I could watch you 2 go at it all night lol... behave gents would be boring if we all played the same... infact we would all be losing
    Posted by Itsover4u
    Ditto for you and nugget ;)
  • edited May 2016
    [QUOTE]I could watch you 2 go at it all night lol... behave gents would be boring if we all played the same... infact we would all be losing
    Posted by Itsover4u
    k inky.
  • edited May 2016
    I could watch you 2 go at it all night lol... behave gents would be boring if we all played the same... infact we would all be losers
    Posted by Itsover4u
    Based on this thread, you saying this isn't the case?
  • edited May 2016
    bad imo yes its a bounty tourney freeroll but if u play your solid abc game if u are going to get top 10 or top 5 u are going to knock people out on the way so just play like its a normal mtt the crazy players will come unstuck
  • edited May 2016
    but if u pick up aces or kings 1st hand id deffo shove as other people would think oh he is gonna be 1 of those people that shove every hand so thats + ev :)
  • edited May 2016

well done bb8888 for your £500 prize.