You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Micro-UKOPS

edited May 2016 in Poker Chat

I'm sure back in the days when I was only a very intermittent player here and only ever stalked the forum from afar, that one of the then forum regs had run something akin to this for a couple of years... and wondered whether this could be something that was revisited by Sky, given that I imagine it would fit to the bulk of the player pool bankroll's and maybe help drive more newbies to the site.

Something along the lines of:

/> One guarantee boosted micro-event every day
/> 3-6 'named' tournis per day, starting within reasonable proximity of each other (say 7pm - 9pm)
/> Majority priced between 60p - £3.30 with a £5.50 micro-main
/> £11 'main event' at the end of the few days / week that it runs for
/> A spread of all the different formats which Sky can offer (obviously with bias to the more popular NH Bounty Hunter / Turbo formats, but also to ensure PLO / PLO8 get a shout... particularly if sneaking in a PLO8 BH is an option)

Then - allowing for the fact that handing out fake bracelets or the like is just not practical when you don't have £550 buy-ins and £10k + prize pools - create some form of 'player of the tournament' scoring system that results in either said bracelet (or some equivalent 'hard' prize), or some sort of passport into a UKOPS ME or similar?

I suggest this as a forum thing in the first instance - the ongoing success of DTD and the Orfordable would suggest that should get reasonable numbers playing.  A team aspect could also be thrown in to the mix as well potentially.

Although, obviously in terms of drawing new-to-site players there would need to be a bit of support also from Sky - even if that was just to direct those on Twitter / Facebook etc to come and check out the forum.

Is this something that may be workable, or am I just typing tripe again?

Comments

• edited May 2016
    Apart from the team part of things this looks like a great idea. 
  • edited May 2016
    I actually like the idea although I would not personally be playing many events.

I think the difficulty would lie in sky having to make sure the guarentees were high enough to generate new players whilst not leaving massive overlay becasue of the small buy in
  • edited May 2016
    Sounds good in general. Not a huge fan of the team aspect... there was a weekly team thing on the site I started out on and while it was fun, there were nearly always overlays (bad from the site's perspective) and it all got a bit confusing. Maybe sky can do it better but I don't know.

But yes the idea generally sounds good to me, especially the oh8 part :-)