You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

MOT (Just Can't get away from it)

edited May 2016 in Poker Chat
I recently took my car to our local "Mechanic" for an MOT.

I knew it was going to cost me a "Big Stack" of money, but I was very lucky on the poker tables recently, so I was feeling a bit "Flush". - Anyway, apart from the fact that he is usually pretty good at his job, there are also some very fit "Ladies" who work there, so this helps to "Pass" the time in the viewing/waiting room.

I watched him "Check" the breaks on that "Slow Roller" thingy. It didn't look too complicated tbh, all he had to do was "Draw" the car forward, push a "Button" and keep the car "straight", even a couple of melting "Snowmen" could probably do that job with ease.

Anyway, after the MOT, the "mechanic" came over to see me to give me the "Heads-Up". "Is it all "Set" I asked him? "I'm afraid not sir" he replied - The "Backdoor" needs a bit of welding and when you "Turn" the "Wheel" the steering "Tilts" to one side.

I'm not saying they are "Cowboys" or anything and I know it's a bit of a "Gutshot", but it sounded like a job I could do myself with a "Grinder", a few basic tools & an oily "Rag".

'How much is this going to "Set" me back and how long will it take' I asked - "I have a "Full House" at the moment & a couple of "Quads" to MOT first, but I could fit it in this afternoon" he replied. "Also If you want to save a bit of money, I could put it through the "Backdoor"? - I gotta be honest, I didn't see a backdoor in this establishment, so presumably he meant cash in hand.

I decided to bite the "Bullet" and have it done. He was very kind and pointed out that there was a "Fish" bar just down "Broadway" road opposite the "Boat" Inn where I could get something to eat whilst I was waiting.

I was hoping it wouldn't be this big a job, but that certainly burst my "Bubble".......

Seams like poker terminology is everywhere these days, just can't get away from it. :)

Comments

• edited May 2016
    In Response to MOT (Just Can't get away from it):
    I recently took my car to our local "Mechanic" for an MOT. I knew it was going to cost me a "Big Stack" of money, but I was very lucky on the poker tables recently, so I was feeling a bit "Flush" . - Anyway, apart from the fact that he is usually pretty good at his job, there are also some very fit "Ladies" who work there, so this helps to "Pass" the time in the viewing/waiting room. I watched him "Check" the breaks on that "Slow Roller" thingy. It didn't look too complicated tbh, all he had to do was "Draw" the car forward, push a "Button" and keep the car "straight" , even a couple of melting "Snowmen" could probably do that job with ease. Anyway, after the MOT, the "mechanic" came over to see me to give me the "Heads-Up" . "Is it all "Set" I asked him? "I'm afraid not sir" he replied - The "Backdoor" needs a bit of welding and when you "Turn" the "Wheel" the steering "Tilts" to one side. I'm not saying they are "Cowboys" or anything and I know it's a bit of a "Gutshot" , but it sounded like a job I could do myself with a "Grinder", a few basic tools & an oily "Rag" . 'How much is this going to "Set" me back and how long will it take' I asked - "I have a "Full House" at the moment & a couple of "Quads" to MOT first, but I could fit it in this afternoon" he replied. "Also If you want to save a bit of money, I could put it through the "Backdoor" ? - I gotta be honest, I didn't see a backdoor in this establishment, so presumably he meant cash in hand. I decided to bite the "Bullet" and have it done. He was very kind and pointed out that there was a "Fish" bar just down "Broadway" road opposite the "Boat" Inn where I could get something to eat whilst I was waiting. I was hoping it wouldn't be this big a job, but that certainly burst my "Bubble"....... Seams like poker terminology is everywhere these days, just can't get away from it. :)
    Posted by POKERTREV
    What were the chips like at the fish bar?
  • edited May 2016
    When you saw the fit ladies did your thing flop
  • edited May 2016
    I'm surprised they didn't need a jack.
  • edited May 2016
    Did you have any "air" in you tyres?
  • edited May 2016
    Do you have a" hands" free phone?
  • edited May 2016
    this thread is nuts... 
  • edited May 2016
    Did you pay by cheque, or the" folding" stuff?
  • edited May 2016
    What an "excellent read"
  • edited May 2016
    Did the mechanic say he would give you a" call  " when the car is ready?
  • edited May 2016
    Did he check for any oil leaks, as you could end up with a  "big slick"
  • edited May 2016
    All good mechanics know you should never do your nuts up too "tight"
  • edited May 2016
    Whats all this about maniacs.
  • edited May 2016
  • edited May 2016

Had a bit of a stop n go problem with my car that was running bad, managed to limp to a garage on fifth street.

Turned out it was a chop shop run by a bit of a tyre kicker.

Explained the car slow rolls when I change gears.

He said leave it with me I’ll get my spanners out and have a look.

Called him the next day, he said it’s a write off and you have to go by rail.

Stormed round to have a showdown with him and ended up in a hand for hand fight.

He was a bit of a monster, open shoved me and gave me a nosebleed.

I legged it, I was way in front, he was way behind.

Ran to the nearest police station to tell them what happened.

Police said they busted him recently for burgling a garden centre but managed to get the rake back.

They said they would lock him up this time, I asked how many years would he get?

6 Max, came the reply.

• edited May 2016
    Lolz at you guys :)

Some top class efforts & an A+ to Vespa.

"TURNS" out my "NUTS" were a bit "TIGHT" too, but it only cost me £200 "All-In".