You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

2 reasons im sticking to online poker

edited February 2010 in Poker Chat
Early start yesterday on the beer watching he swans early kick off then to the pub to watch the rugby.  I joined a game of poker sometime after the game.  5p/10p  So I changed a £10 and sat down.  After a few hands I got pocket 9s.  I raised and got called by the bloke to the right of me.  The flop came down 7 high, I bet the pot and he re raised me and left his self about 2 quid back, so I put him all in which he called and got ready to turn over my cards when everyone at the table told me not too, I thought some1 else was in the hand or something.  He then raised £20.  When I asked where it come from he said in his pocket.  I said you cant do that and all the guys around the table said you can.  I explained why you can't but they couldnt see the problem.  I got my own way in the end but they weren't happy.  He had Kings.  I picked up my last 2 quid and left that game.

On another table then my mate was playing poker with chips £2 buy in.  I bought into that, the game was already well underway and they all gave me about 20 chips from each of their stacks which was strange.  After I busted out of that I was still sat at the table.  When the hand after I went out  one guy had a K flush and my mate had a straight.  My mate won.  I said he had a flush but they all said that my mate had a straight and seemed in agreement that it beat a flush.  I didnt even bother

Woke up with an empty pocket and a cracking hangover.

Comments

• edited February 2010
    They were obviously playing Orford rules poker. lol
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to 2 reasons im sticking to online poker:
    Early start yesterday on the beer watching he swans early kick off then to the pub to watch the rugby.  I joined a game of poker sometime after the game.  5p/10p  So I changed a £10 and sat down.  After a few hands I got pocket 9s.  I raised and got called by the bloke to the right of me.  The flop came down 7 high, I bet the pot and he re raised me and left his self about 2 quid back, so I put him all in which he called and got ready to turn over my cards when everyone at the table told me not too, I thought some1 else was in the hand or something.  He then raised £20.  When I asked where it come from he said in his pocket.  I said you cant do that and all the guys around the table said you can.  I explained why you can't but they couldnt see the problem.  I got my own way in the end but they weren't happy.  He had Kings.  I picked up my last 2 quid and left that game. On another table then my mate was playing poker with chips £2 buy in.  I bought into that, the game was already well underway and they all gave me about 20 chips from each of their stacks which was strange.  After I busted out of that I was still sat at the table.  When the hand after I went out  one guy had a K flush and my mate had a straight.  My mate won.  I said he had a flush but they all said that my mate had a straight and seemed in agreement that it beat a flush.  I didnt even bother Woke up with an empty pocket and a cracking hangover.  
    Posted by POTTSY82

now when you said you woke up ,

do you mean this was all a dream ?
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: 2 reasons im sticking to online poker:
    In Response to 2 reasons im sticking to online poker : now when you said you woke up , do you mean this was all a dream ?
    Posted by IRISHROVER
    I wish it was mate, I'd be about 80 quid better off. 
  • edited February 2010
    I need to know exactly where this game is and what people were playing!...........  ;)
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: 2 reasons im sticking to online poker:
    In Response to Re: 2 reasons im sticking to online poker : I wish it was mate, I'd be about 80 quid better off. 
    Posted by POTTSY82
    I know exactly where this place is, and if I were you, I'd give it a wide berth. Unless you like waking up in a ditch with the acrid tang of chemicals singeing your nasal hairs.

To be perfectly honest, I expected much more of the citizens in Knightsbridge.