You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Congrats to the boys LIMP2LOSE and FEELGROGGY on FT IN ROLLER

edited May 2016 in Poker Chat
Very proud of my son Gary (Limp2Lose) and young prodigy Danny (FeelGroggy) on final tabling tonight's roller!

Gary went out in an honourable 4th and Danny has just won whilst I was typing this.

Well done lads!

Cheers,

Graham

Comments

• edited May 2016
    thank you very much Graham. Well done to everyone else who final tabled. There were some very good players there and it was played in good spirits.
  • edited May 2016

Many congrats to Gary & Danny, & all the finalists, we have some fine young players here on Sky Poker.
  • edited May 2016

Here's the Top 6......

FeelGroggy12900001£4192.50
    KINGBING2402£2557.50
    wi0303£1575
    Limp2Lose04£1267.50
    SUPERSNEDD05£1080
    lyonsbob0606£930
  • edited May 2016
    Nice one groggs, I heard you came 5th or so last week too, nice way to break your not-cashing streak!
  • edited May 2016
    Wiiiii Wtg Danny and Gary. Well done all.

What time did it finish? Couldn't stay awake any longer. How did you do Chiggy? Did you manage to cash.
  • edited May 2016

it was a quality final 6.  wp all.

• edited May 2016
    In Response to Re: Congrats to the boys LIMP2LOSE and FEELGROGGY on FT IN ROLLER:
    Wiiiii Wtg Danny and Gary. Well done all. What time did it finish? Couldn't stay awake any longer. How did you do Chiggy? Did you manage to cash.
    Posted by Darkangel7

Rub down of the day. ;)

Congrats all (especially sneddy from a free entry). Looking forward to watching this one.
  • edited May 2016
    well done Danny!

• edited May 2016
    In Response to Re: Congrats to the boys LIMP2LOSE and FEELGROGGY on FT IN ROLLER:
    Wiiiii Wtg Danny and Gary. Well done all. What time did it finish? Couldn't stay awake any longer. How did you do Chiggy? Did you manage to cash.
    Posted by Darkangel7
    Bubbled but made use of the priority bubble refund, so got my buyin back at least
  • edited May 2016
    Posted by Darkangel7
    Bubbled but made use of the priority bubble refund, so got my buyin back at least
  • edited May 2016
    Congratulations all :)

Well done wi0 too - seems to be crushing lower stakes and large stakes! 

• edited May 2016
    Nice one groggs, I heard you came 5th or so last week too, nice way to break your not-cashing streak!
    Posted by chiggypig
    Unfortunately I didn't manage 5th last week, I think 75th is probably more around the ballpark! 
    It finished at 2.30 ish Darkangel :)
    Thanks for all the responses. I'm really looking forward to watching it back on youtube, will get the popcorn ready for that
  • edited May 2016

Well done all esp Groggy well played
  • edited May 2016
    thank you very much Graham. Well done to everyone else who final tabled. There were some very good players there and it was played in good spirits.
    Posted by FeelGroggy

You are welcome Danny, it's a pleasure to see you and Gary doing so well.

Gary was a bit disappointed with his play on the FT, but happy overall with a decent cash.

He did feel that he made a couple of mistakes at key moments on the final table.

However I am sure he will learn from them, which is the most important thing.

Once again, well done!
  • edited May 2016
    In Response to Re: Congrats to the boys LIMP2LOSE and FEELGROGGY on FT IN ROLLER : You are welcome Danny, it's a pleasure to see you and Gary doing so well. Gary was a bit disappointed with his play on the FT, but happy overall with a decent cash. He did feel that he made a couple of mistakes at key moments on the final table. However I am sure he will learn from them, which is the most important thing. Once again, well done!
    Posted by StayOrGo
    I thought he played well, he just failed to win a flip and then ran K9 into my relatively wide button range i just happened to have AJ. He's notched up quite a few FT's in that comp now :) 
  • edited May 2016
    Congrats to all who made the FT ..

But more so for my good friends Micheal lyons and sneddy well played lads....
  • edited May 2016
    wd l2l and groggy.
    what i,d like to say tho is the two of you have put so much time and effort into your game and it shows what hard work can achieve you are future poker stars for sure
    also to Graham,you taught them two lads well you deserve much credit well played sir
    wp to the other finalists

• edited May 2016
    Congrats to all who made the FT .. But more so for my good friends Micheal lyons and sneddy well played lads....
    Posted by neil1970

Yes well done indeed to all, great FT
  • edited May 2016
    Huge congrats to all on the FT - very well played xxx
  • edited May 2016
    wd l2l and groggy. what i,d like to say tho is the two of you have put so much time and effort into your game and it shows what hard work can achieve you are future poker stars for sure also to Graham,you taught them two lads well you deserve much credit well played sir wp to the other finalists
    Posted by stokefc

Thanks for this post Stokefc, it's been a pleasure helping the two of them in the early stages of their poker careers. It has to be said that they both have a tremendous natural ability, which made my job easy.

They would still have done well without my assistence. However, it hopefully has given them both a good foundation on which to build their natural skills on. I learn a lot from the pair of them now too.

Clearly my main loyalty is to my son, Gary, but I also very much enjoy seeing Danny do well. The thing that I am most proud about the pair of them, is that, not only are they very good players, but they are nice lads too.

They always encourage others and observe the ettiquette of the game well. They're also fully involved in the TLB2016 Charity initiatives, donating a significant amount of their winnings to the charities involved. 

Anyhow, that's enough praise from me now. Well done guys and GL to all at the tables

Cheers,

Graham
  • edited May 2016
    WP Groggy.

Getting a bit sick of Burnley champions though to be honest.
  • edited May 2016

Bad News Department

Several players mentioned that they are looking forward to seeing the You Tube video of Sunday's Super Roller, including Groggy & MAXALLY.

Unfortunately, there is no Live Show tonight, so that means the Super Roller Final Table from Sunday will NOT be recorded.

As Bob Monkhouse used to say, "timing".

• edited May 2016
    In Response to Re: Congrats to the boys LIMP2LOSE and FEELGROGGY on FT IN ROLLER : Thanks for this post Stokefc, it's been a pleasure helping the two of them in the early stages of their poker careers. It has to be said that they both have a tremendous natural ability, which made my job easy. They would still have done well without my assistence. However, it hopefully has given them both a good foundation on which to build their natural skills on. I learn a lot from the pair of them now too. Clearly my main loyalty is to my son, Gary, but I also very much enjoy seeing Danny do well. The thing that I am most proud about the pair of them, is that, not only are they very good players, but they are nice lads too. They always encourage others and observe the ettiquette of the game well. They're also fully involved in the TLB2016 Charity initiatives, donating a significant amount of their winnings to the charities involved.  Anyhow, that's enough praise from me now. Well done guys and GL to all at the tables Cheers, Graham
    Posted by StayOrGo

Isn't that just great?
  • edited May 2016
    Bad News Department Several players mentioned that they are looking forward to seeing the You Tube video of Sunday's Super Roller, including Groggy & MAXALLY. Unfortunately, there is no Live Show tonight, so that means the Super Roller Final Table from Sunday will NOT be recorded.   As Bob Monkhouse used to say, "timing".  
    Posted by Tikay10
    That's a shame, I'm genuinely really disappointed about that. Typical that the time I decide to do well in a roller is the first week in quite a while it isn't recorded- guess I'll have to try and win another :)
    I think I knocked every player out too so would have got a lot of air time, my 15 minutes of fame's been taken from me!