You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sky Poker Pitstop

edited May 2016 in Poker Chat
Will this ever make a return?  Was flicking through some on youtube and thought they were quite a good watch.

Comments

• edited May 2016
    +1

Although I would be interested to know how many people actually sent in hands for analysis? 

You probably had to be a forum user to realise the opportunity was there, and have a hand worth posting that was on a TV table.
  • edited May 2016
    i've got a hand from the roller I'd like to have discussed if it ever starts again, a hand which may or may not have money wagered on the outcome (please bring it back)
  • edited May 2016

Morning.

They were quite good, yes, but there was a particular problem with them, in that many players were just trying to find out what their opponent had, rather than sending us genuinely interesting hands.

I have no idea if it will ever return, but I will pass it up to the TV people.  

• edited May 2016

Incidentally, here's one which features the OP, Groggy, & I think this was a correct example of why Poker Pitstop was good, as it gives us the chance to help the newer or novice players with a variety of tips.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3S6tCdeeRzE
  • edited May 2016
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Pitstop:
    Morning. They were quite good, yes, but there was a particular problem with them, in that many players were just trying to find out what their opponent had, rather than sending us genuinely interesting hands. I have no idea if it will ever return, but I will pass it up to the TV people.    
    Posted by Tikay10
    I guess that what constitutes an interesting hand is quite subjective. After flicking through a few of them I found most of them interesting. I think it's better if the hands have more of a learning point for the more novice players watching, or when the decision is difficult and the analyst can weigh in with their point of view.
  • edited May 2016
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Pitstop : I guess that what constitutes an interesting hand is quite subjective. After flicking through a few of them I found most of them interesting. I think it's better if the hands have more of a learning point for the more novice players watching, or when the decision is difficult and the analyst can weigh in with their point of view.
    Posted by FeelGroggy
    Very much this. And I'm not qualified to "teach" or "coach" good players, but I am really good (or I think I am) with helping newbies with good solid basics. The other Analysts, of course, can do the Level 5 Stuff.

That hand I linked, the 8-9 diamonds one, was a great example, I thought, as it enabled me to cram in a lot of what I consider to be good basics for relative beginners. Even the very start, when you raised it up, was perfect, as so many newbies knock it in due to serial limping.

I see some bizarre ways to play hands sometimes. I was playing a DYM last night, & ALL FIVE players limped into my BB at 100-200. And I had a great hand, so potted it. And ALL FIVE players called. How can that ever make sense, to limp for 200, & then call for 1,500 or whatever? The concept of two ways to win (if we raise, we can win 2 ways) seems lost on many. Some of the 5 had good raising hands, too, but preferred to limp-call.    

• edited May 2016
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Pitstop : Very much this. And I'm not qualified to "teach" or "coach" good players, but I am really good (or I think I am) with helping newbies with good solid basics. The other Analysts, of course, can do the Level 5 Stuff. That hand I linked, the 8-9 diamonds one, was a great example, I thought, as it enabled me to cram in a lot of what I consider to be good basics for relative beginners. Even the very start, when you raised it up, was perfect, as so many newbies knock it in due to serial limping. I see some bizarre ways to play hands sometimes. I was playing a DYM last night, & ALL FIVE players limped into my BB at 100-200. And I had a great hand, so potted it. And ALL FIVE players called. How can that ever make sense, to limp for 200, & then call for 1,500 or whatever? The concept of two ways to win (if we raise, we can win 2 ways) seems lost on many. Some of the 5 had good raising hands, too, but preferred to limp-call.      
    Posted by Tikay10
    I think the 89 hand is a good example. I think most recreational players make 2 pair and would happily put in all their chips in, without thinking about what the opponent could have and I think in this video you break it down quite nicely.
    Funny game poker. On some boards your loving your single pair whilst on others your 2 pairs is quite a marginal hand.
    I see that limp call mentality a lot when I play the lower buy in tournaments, there's something about the call button that recreational players seem to love :) ( in fairness I was the same when i first started playing)
  • edited May 2016
    Really would like to see more of these situations I have a question when you are  heads up and you win the hand the other player mucks his hand can you see what his hand was on the hand history sometimes I would like to see this even though I won the hand
  • edited May 2016
    Morning. They were quite good, yes, but there was a particular problem with them, in that many players were just trying to find out what their opponent had, rather than sending us genuinely interesting hands. I have no idea if it will ever return, but I will pass it up to the TV people.    
    Posted by Tikay10

Can't they design it in a way where only the requester's hole cards will be shown up to the river and remain like that unless it became showdown? I myself did occassionally ask for the hands to be kept hidden when sending in  a hand request and that would happen.
    If they did that with every hand then a player sending the hand request will know he needs to send it in for a reason, some might attempt to send in ones usually seen in BBV but you'll probably know before hand these hands are just bad beats.
  • edited May 2016
    Really would like to see more of these situations I have a question when you are  heads up and you win the hand the other player mucks his hand can you see what his hand was on the hand history sometimes I would like to see this even though I won the hand
    Posted by weecheez1

Any hand that gets to showdown, their hole cards can be viewed in the HH log. Win or lose, there is always some info to be gained so deffo work looking at.
  • edited May 2016
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Pitstop : Any hand that gets to showdown, their hole cards can be viewed in the HH log. Win or lose, there is always some info to be gained so deffo work looking at.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    thanks that was my thinking even if it was just to confirm what i thought they had
  • edited May 2016
    Not had a chance to look yet, any tips on playing Kings early?
  • edited May 2016
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Pitstop : Very much this. And I'm not qualified to "teach" or "coach" good players, but I am really good (or I think I am) with helping newbies with good solid basics. The other Analysts, of course, can do the Level 5 Stuff. That hand I linked, the 8-9 diamonds one, was a great example, I thought, as it enabled me to cram in a lot of what I consider to be good basics for relative beginners. Even the very start, when you raised it up, was perfect, as so many newbies knock it in due to serial limping. I see some bizarre ways to play hands sometimes. I was playing a DYM last night, & ALL FIVE players limped into my BB at 100-200. And I had a great hand, so potted it. And ALL FIVE players called. How can that ever make sense, to limp for 200, & then call for 1,500 or whatever? The concept of two ways to win (if we raise, we can win 2 ways) seems lost on many. Some of the 5 had good raising hands, too, but preferred to limp-call.      
    Posted by Tikay10
    play nl4 you see this all the time.