You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Mayhem poker promo Attention Sky

edited May 2016 in Poker Chat
that should be enough to get you a pizza, you don't want to put on too many pounds

Comments

• edited May 2016
    Hi sky,

I was lucky enough to win £10 in the mayhem poker promo but as my account is in euro I was only credited 10 euro.
    Is there any way you can credit me the difference please?

I contacted customer support and just experienced well how can I say this politely, a less than satisfactory reply. To sum it up they say I pay in less so I win less. I explained I didnt accumulate 25 pts daily by paying in 25 euro but i actually paid in £25 like everyone else so should win the same(not less). But they didnt appear to be able to see what I typed (again putting it politely).

Hope sky sam or dave can help.

Cheers
    Ger
  • edited May 2016
    All adds up craig. If I continuted to win every promo in euro instead of £s id probably be €1k less off now.
    Would you be happy to win a smaller amount than everyone else everytime you won something?

Ger
  • edited May 2016

What did they pay you in when you won 100 last week ger?
  • edited May 2016
    130 euro or so
  • edited May 2016
    In Response to Mayhem poker promo Attention Sky:
    Hi sky, I was lucky enough to win £10 in the mayhem poker promo but as my account is in euro I was only credited 10 euro. Is there any way you can credit me the difference please? I contacted customer support and just experienced well how can I say this politely, a less than satisfactory reply. To sum it up they say I pay in less so I win less. I explained I didnt accumulate 25 pts daily by paying in 25 euro but i actually paid in £25 like everyone else so should win the same(not less). But they didnt appear to be able to see what I typed (again putting it politely). Hope sky sam or dave can help. Cheers Ger
    Posted by gerardirl

In Essex that buys me a tesco meal deal! any chance of sky paying me at the adjusted northern rate? I hear that could get me a 3 bed semi-detatched there.
  • edited May 2016
    In Response to Re: Mayhem poker promo Attention Sky:
    Thanks for that useless contribution jordz.
    Posted by gerardirl

i generally thought the op was meant light heartedly, but as it doesnt now seem to be, you should probably just private message sky sam or whoever you want to deal with the problem. Customer care nearly always sort these things pretty quickly. when you post stuff on a forum you open the door for other people to post comments, and if you arent cool with that then a private conversation is probably better. 

hope you get the extra £2 sorted soon. 
  • edited May 2016
    Cant work out why there are less posts on the forum these days
  • edited May 2016
    Cant work out why there are less posts on the forum these days
    Posted by MattBates
    yeah it doesn't seem to change all that much nowadays. Come on people sort it out, i need something to read in the 5 minute breaks!
  • edited May 2016
    In Response to Mayhem poker promo Attention Sky:
    Hi sky, I was lucky enough to win £10 in the mayhem poker promo but as my account is in euro I was only credited 10 euro. Is there any way you can credit me the difference please? I contacted customer support and just experienced well how can I say this politely, a less than satisfactory reply. To sum it up they say I pay in less so I win less. I explained I didnt accumulate 25 pts daily by paying in 25 euro but i actually paid in £25 like everyone else so should win the same(not less). But they didnt appear to be able to see what I typed (again putting it politely). Hope sky sam or dave can help. Cheers Ger
    Posted by gerardirl
    I have passed this Upstairs to the Important People, Ger, & also to Sam.

Please be aware that Dave left a very long time ago, about 3 years I think.
  • edited May 2016

HI Ger,

The Office have got back to me.

This was wrong, definitely.

The difference - the amount you were short-changed by - has been credited to your Account.

Sincere apologies.

• edited May 2016
    biggest issue here imo is cc, who clearly should of paid the difference. yes its pence but shortchanged is shortchanged. 

have no idea what we would do without tikay and forum!.
  • edited May 2016
    biggest issue here imo is cc, who clearly should of paid the difference. yes its pence but shortchanged is shortchanged.  have no idea what we would do without tikay and forum!.
    Posted by MICKYBLUE
    On the face of it, yes, but the problem here is that there are a lot of chancers, who try it on with all manner of weird & wonderful excuses to obtain Free Money, & sometimes it's hard to sort the wheat from the chaff. We saw a typical example of this on the Forum last week as I recall. It is the chancers that spoil it for the majority of honest people of course.  

It was a fairly unusual problem, too. The CC staff have a script of FAQ, but I doubt this one was covered.

I really ought to write a Blog about how the SB&G Contact Centre works, it's a really complex beast, & immensely efficient generally. They send a Daily Report round, too, which includes how many contacts each day, what Product they were for (Bet, Vegas, Bingo, Poker etc), what the disposition was, how many e-Mails were received, how many were replied to, how many phone calls, average time to answer each call, how many "Social" contacts (Twitter, Facebook), how they performed against Target, how many Contacts received & processed versus Target, & a zillion other things. They try really hard to be efficient & cost-effective, & imo, it's a most impressive Department.

It's in-house, of course, all the Team are employed by SB&G, & work in the SB&G Offices.

One rather awkward thing is the relative size of Sky Poker against the size of, say, Bet, which is an absolutely enormous Business these days. So most of their resource - 99% or more - is NOT dedicated to Poker.

As CC is a 24/7 affair, it's simply not possible to have a "Poker Only" CC, there is just not enough demand. Bear in mind, to give 24/7 coverage to Poker only, something like 5 full time staff would be required. That costs way too much, considering they'd be sat twiddling their thumbs, or doing crosswords 95% of the time. If 5 staff cost, say, £150,000 pa, then add 20% for central costs, (office, lighting, employee benefits etc) that's £180,000 pa that cannot be spent on Promos & the like.

• edited May 2016
    In Response to Re: Mayhem poker promo:
    All adds up craig. If I continuted to win every promo in euro instead of £s id probably be €1k less off now. Would you be happy to win a smaller amount than everyone else everytime you won something? Ger
    Posted by gerardirl
    All adds up to 1 more takeaway pizza, giving you even more pounds.
  • edited May 2016
    Thanks Tikay.

Craig you need to ease off on the pizza's mate.

Ger
  • edited May 2016
    Thanks Tikay. Craig you need to ease off on the pizza's mate. Ger
    Posted by gerardirl
    The football's finished now and this week is the final week of darts.

It's that time of year again jacket potatos and salads and the barbecues, will have to get disposable ones because it will be winter by the time those £1 have been saved up.
  • edited May 2016
    In Response to Re: Mayhem poker promo Attention Sky : The football's finished now and this week is the final week of darts. It's that time of year again jacket potatos and salads and the barbecues, will have to get disposable ones because it will be winter by the time those £1 have been saved up.
    Posted by craigcu12
    The Football's finished? So no point in thirty thousand plus Argyle fans trekking up the motorway to Wembley on Bank Holiday Monday then?
  • edited May 2016
    In Response to Re: Mayhem poker promo Attention Sky : The Football's finished? So no point in thirty thousand plus Argyle fans trekking up the motorway to Wembley on Bank Holiday Monday then?
    Posted by 4EVERGREEN
    It finished nearly a fortnight ago us toon fans fealt more annoyed with that 5-1 win