You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Can we have a trial of a headhunter main event?

edited May 2016 in Poker Chat
Played a headhunter earlier, for those of you who don't know the whole prizepool is bounties 60% for the KO and 40% onto your head, would be nice to see a trial with one of these as a main event, replacing one of the other £33 BHs such as the friday one (we currently have 3 of the same main events in a row from Thursday to Saturday!) would be a little more variety and the headhunter payout structure is also better for the weaker players which is good for all of us.

Anyone else who would like to see this?

Comments

• edited May 2016
    +1 I would like to see a few more head hunters.
  • edited May 2016

A full review of the 8pm Main Events is currently in progress, though I don't expect it to be finalised for a while yet.

I've sent the thread Upstairs, & they are considering using the currently vacant 7pm Slot for a small Head Hunter, just as a trial.

I'll let you know if they decide to proceed with it, but I think they will.
  • edited May 2016
    Head hunters themselves are a decentt idea for weak player but pricing them like a main event might not be as attractive. low stakes buy ins might be best. As a low stakes buy in it will get the greatest number of weaker players attracted and allow the best return of investment. A good number of players in the main event might see this as a more worthless MTT because now the race is about going all in and getting yourself the very eary chip lead knowing if that doesn't happen then you'll be in trouble.

I can't see a head hunter tournament going down well as a main event. The varience on them will be massive and tournament play will be turned upside down because if don't start off well then you'll end up without a dominating chip stack and left with nothing to play for.

• edited May 2016
    In Response to Re: Can we have a trial of a headhunter main event?:
    Head hunters themselves are a decentt idea for weak player but pricing them like a main event might not be as attractive. low stakes buy ins might be best. As a low stakes buy in it will get the greatest number of weaker players attracted and allow the best return of investment. A good number of players in the main event might see this as a more worthless MTT because now the race is about going all in and getting yourself the very eary chip lead knowing if that doesn't happen then you'll be in trouble. I can't see a head hunter tournament going down well as a main event. The varience on them will be massive and tournament play will be turned upside down because if don't start off well then you'll end up without a dominating chip stack and left with nothing to play for.
    Posted by craigcu12

No fears on that score, Craig - a Head Hunter would be unsuitable & impractical as a Main Event for a variety of good reasons, & that is not going to happen.

That's not to say more Head Hunters won't appear in the schedule - they will, but only at the right price point & time.

• edited May 2016
    was a medium buyin plo mtt tryed tikay?
  • edited May 2016
    In Response to Re: Can we have a trial of a headhunter main event?:
    was a medium buyin plo mtt tryed tikay?
    Posted by dazed1
    Hi dazed,

Yes, repeatedly, & you know that personally, I'd love there were more/bigger/better PLO & PLO8 MTT's here, but it's not about what oddbods like you & I may want, it's about everyone.

Sadly, feedback threads on the Forum here are increasingly dominated by self-interest - people suggesting what they as individuals like. It's quite frustrating to deal with, to be honest.

Each UKOPS they try bigger PLO & PLO8 MTT's, & they keep failing to hit Guarantee, which you & I would agree is a real shame.

As players, we have power too, of course, & we can help MAKE things happen. A bunch of us have sweated the PLO8 DYM's for 3 years, & now we have a really thriving community of PLO8 regulars who play them every night. In fact there is more PLO8 traffic here than on almost any other site, leaving aside 'Stars.

Come the 4 card revolution, you & I will be happy guys.  

• edited May 2016
    i think if the site ran mid stakes plo mtts with no guarantee they would grow to the stage where they could have an idea of where to set the guarantee within 3 months.