You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

£11 Head Hunter MTT - 7pm nightly.

2»

Comments

• edited May 2016
    7pm is a tricky one - here is my personal take and the mechanics of my typical poker night.
    I log on around 7:20 - as I know the freerole is starting and then I would check lobby for other mtt's - if I get  on earlier I join one or two of the £5.75 mtt's. But, 7:20 is normally too late to join these as half field gone and just the better players left so not as good ev for me :) 

I play said freerole, then used to register for 7:45 (I am not good in speed mtt so dropped that) reg into 8:15 mayhem and B/H  and mini. Once a week play the main. May reg in 9:30 of off next day
    Played 7pm rebuy once - I am not good at them either haha!
    My suggestion - don't hate on me, move the Freerole to 7pm? Now this does not suit me but should make late reg, then put a 7:15 B/H in - sure would make the £500-£750 mark - maybe gamble on a £1k. Think the main gap I see is that you can play £1k and £500 mtt's before 6 - but then is nothing really until 7:45, and if a lower buy in level of £5, nothing till 8:30. 
    Us players are fickle - I have found myself starting to not rush in for freerole as now my buy in scedule will now start at 8:15, this will miss the £5 mtt's that start between 6/7  most nights. I did buy into a £400 mtt purely as nothing else around and was my actual poker all nighter - but normally don't bother with them as not counted in Aussie Scope leagues. I think if freerole is moved earlier should suit the Recs that play it and may fill the gap a little better, then some £500-£1k low buy in mtt's up till 8pm when the volume picks up and guarantees also. Good luck with whatever you do - can't please is all :) 
  • edited May 2016
    I'm a SkyPoker fan and enjoy mtt's, preferably the none BH sort.

Maybe I'm not the 'average' customer but here's my feedback.

The 7:00pm MTT Slot

With limited MTT options on Sky, the 7:00pm Single Rebuy was the one tournament that  would still attract me to the site on a daily basis, (daily when personal circumstances allow).

If I was going to play poker in the evening, I would start my evening by logging at anytime betweeon 7.00 - 8:10pm to catch the registration for the Single Rebuy.

Good tournament, good players, decent structure, decent returns (without any overlay).

If the night was going well, playing the 7:00pm single rebuy did entice me to play one or more less desirable (for me) BH's.

I read somewhere that somebody mentioned the tournament should have been considered a 'loss leader', I'm not sure if that makes sense, but the tournament certainly ensured when I was going to play poker, Sky would be my prefered site.

When the tournament changed from Single Rebuy, to multiple rebuy with addons, I imagine it lost a fair chunk of its potential players as inevitably the potential outlay to compete on an even footing went up from a maximum outlay of £22, to in many cases £33 +, which 7 nights a week, will stretch the bankroll of many plyers on the site.

The revised schedule means I no longer have a  daily specific interest to log on to Sky, I will remain a Sky Poker playyer, but my log on days and times will be sporadic and random, which actually matches the current MTT schedule on Sky.

Awareness and Regulat MTT's

TommyD, alludes to awareness or lack of and makes some constructive suggestions.

The reality is that it is not particularly easy to find what you are looking for and I dare say MTT's have been launched and died without me knowing of their existence.

This last few days I've made an effort to use the lobby filters to look for the MTT events I want to play.

I am looking for 'Regular' Mtt's with a 'medium' stake, which means none BH or HeadHunter MTT's with a buy in of £11-£22.

Today the search brings up 9 possibilities, (the exact same options as yesterday and no doubt on Saturday).

4 x Timed 30 minute turnaments, which I don't consider to be MTT's
    3 x Bounty Hunters, which my filter should have excluded
    1 x Head Hunter, which I don't consider to be an MTT
    1 x £200, £11 MTT at 13:00pm, which seems odd, given that the same MTT model is not offered in the evening.

In addition to the above 9 MTT, my May 27th search also brings up:

1 x £250, £11 MTT at midnight May 28th.
    1 x £11 Mini roller on Sunday May 29th.

The fact that the lobby search box can't even fill one page tells you all you need to know, if you logged on to Sky looking to play medium stakes, regular none BH  tournaments.

Aspirations for High Stake MTT's

Highlight for an MTT player is getting into and playing those high stakes Mtt's events with the potential of 4 figure plus returns.

If I use my Sky Poker lobby filter, to search for none BH high stake Mtt's, the search gives me 6 possibilities:

May 27th 1 option, a £55 Bounty Hunter at 22:30, this is given to me in my search asking to EXCLUDE Bounty Hunter's
    May 29th a £33 Bounty Hunter, given to me in my search asking to EXCLUDE Bounty Hunter's

May 29th, a £55 Freezout
    May 29th, a £110 High roller

July 7th, a £10,000 event in Vegas
    July 10th, a £3,500 evenit in vegas

So I actually have 2 not 6 possibilities to play a high stake MTT on SkyPoker.

Satellites and the SKY Poker MTT That Just Won't Die

So with no apparent regular medium or high MTT events on Sky between now and Suday , I'm interested in getting into the two high stakes MTT's that will run on Sunday evening.

I click on the satellite filter, I find a very cluttered search result, with quite a few options for BH and Vegas tournaments, but no apparent satellites for the two largest (only two), regular medium / high stakes MTT's on Sky throughout the week.

With virtually empty search boxes, when searching for regular Mtt's why doesn't Sky fill a few of the spaces to show a sattelite schedule for its two premium MTT's?

Then I think the Sky Poker MTT 'that just won't die' deserves a special mention of its own; the £55:00 £1,500 Freezout that runs at 7:00pm on a Sunday evening.

I say 'that just won't die', as I've felt for some time that Sky has tried its best to ensure this tournament dies a quiet death.

It's the second highest buy-in MTT on Sky, yet as fas as I am aware, this tournament receives zero publicity or promotion and sats into the tournament are vey scarce.

It is very difficult to get into this tournament I don't believe a single '1 in 5' sat has ever been offered for this event, I dont know why?

There may still be one or two 1in 10 sats that run and I think there maybe a couple of 'lucky dip' all-in sats that run, but entry to this tournament seems to be kept as exclusive and low key.

Perhaps thats what Sky wants, perhaps Sky wants to be known as the 'Bounty Hunter' site and has plans to rebrand itself as 'Sky Bounty Hunter Poker'?

If I was Sky I'd bee looking to grow this tournament not kill it, something like a Sky Poker Sunday Night 'Tripple Crown' with the £55 Freezout, the High Roller and Min Roller.

I get the seasonal peaks and troughs, I know a lot of  effort goes into the excellent SkyVegas promotion, but rightly or wrongly it does feel that SkyPoker see's, attracting or keeping customers to play regular MTT's is not on the weekly agenda.

If I can find it, I will 'watch this space', for any news.

• edited May 2016

Some really well thought out & constructive Posts on here now, thanks guys.

I'll make sure the right people see it, & I'll add my views as appropriate.

I will also try & reply to some of the more constructive Posts when time permits - I'm a bit under it right now - but there's some great stuff there, & a few things I can give you a steer on as to "why".

As I mentioned previously, the whole MTT schedule is currently being addressed, & within that, the 7pm affair is a small - but certainly important - part. Getting the "flow" of the evening is critical, & not easy (impossible to please all, as this thread demonstrates), but I'm confident that working together, & constructively, we can get there.  
  • edited May 2016
    In Response to Re: £11 Head Hunter MTT - 7pm nightly.:
    I'm a SkyPoker fan and enjoy mtt's, preferably the none BH sort. Maybe I'm not the 'average' customer but here's my feedback. The 7:00pm MTT Slot With limited MTT options on Sky, the 7:00pm Single Rebuy was the one tournament that  would still attract me to the site on a daily basis, (daily when personal circumstances allow). If I was going to play poker in the evening, I would start my evening by logging at anytime betweeon 7.00 - 8:10pm to catch the registration for the Single Rebuy. Good tournament, good players, decent structure, decent returns (without any overlay). If the night was going well, playing the 7:00pm single rebuy did entice me to play one or more less desirable (for me) BH's. I read somewhere that somebody mentioned the tournament should have been considered a 'loss leader', I'm not sure if that makes sense, but the tournament certainly ensured when I was going to play poker, Sky would be my prefered site. When the tournament changed from Single Rebuy, to multiple rebuy with addons, I imagine it lost a fair chunk of its potential players as inevitably the potential outlay to compete on an even footing went up from a maximum outlay of £22, to in many cases £33 +, which 7 nights a week, will stretch the bankroll of many plyers on the site. The revised schedule means I no longer have a  daily specific interest to log on to Sky, I will remain a Sky Poker playyer, but my log on days and times will be sporadic and random, which actually matches the current MTT schedule on Sky. Awareness and Regulat MTT's TommyD, alludes to awareness or lack of and makes some constructive suggestions. The reality is that it is not particularly easy to find what you are looking for and I dare say MTT's have been launched and died without me knowing of their existence. This last few days I've made an effort to use the lobby filters to look for the MTT events I want to play. I am looking for 'Regular' Mtt's with a 'medium' stake , which means none BH or HeadHunter MTT's with a buy in of £11-£22 . Today the search brings up 9 possibilities, (the exact same options as yesterday and no doubt on Saturday). 4 x Timed 30 minute turnaments, which I don't consider to be MTT's 3 x Bounty Hunters, which my filter should have excluded 1 x Head Hunter, which I don't consider to be an MTT 1 x £200, £11 MTT at 13:00pm, which seems odd, given that the same MTT model is not offered in the evening. In addition to the above 9 MTT, my May 27th search also brings up: 1 x £250, £11 MTT at midnight May 28th. 1 x £11 Mini roller on Sunday May 29th. The fact that the lobby search box can't even fill one page tells you all you need to know, if you logged on to Sky looking to play medium stakes, regular none BH  tournaments. Aspirations for High Stake MTT's Highlight for an MTT player is getting into and playing those high stakes Mtt's events with the potential of 4 figure plus returns. If I use my Sky Poker lobby filter, to search for none BH high stake Mtt's , the search gives me 6 possibilities: May 27th 1 option, a £55 Bounty Hunter at 22:30, this is given to me in my search asking to EXCLUDE Bounty Hunter's May 29th a £33 Bounty Hunter , given to me in my search asking to EXCLUDE Bounty Hunter's May 29th, a £55 Freezout May 29th, a £110 High roller July 7th, a £10,000 event in Vegas July 10th, a £3,500 evenit in vegas So I actually have 2 not 6 possibilities to play a high stake MTT on SkyPoker. Satellites and the SKY Poker MTT That Just Won't Die So with no apparent regular medium or high MTT events on Sky between now and Suday , I'm interested in getting into the two high stakes MTT's that will run on Sunday evening. I click on the satellite filter, I find a very cluttered search result, with quite a few options for BH and Vegas tournaments, but no apparent satellites for the two largest (only two), regular medium / high stakes MTT's on Sky throughout the week. With virtually empty search boxes, when searching for regular Mtt's why doesn't Sky fill a few of the spaces to show a sattelite schedule for its two premium MTT's? Then I think the Sky Poker MTT 'that just won't die' deserves a special mention of its own; the £55:00 £1,500 Freezout that runs at 7:00pm on a Sunday evening. I say 'that just won't die', as I've felt for some time that Sky has tried its best to ensure this tournament dies a quiet death. It's the second highest buy-in MTT on Sky, yet as fas as I am aware, this tournament receives zero publicity or promotion and sats into the tournament are vey scarce. It is very difficult to get into this tournament I don't believe a single '1 in 5' sat has ever been offered for this event, I dont know why? There may still be one or two 1in 10 sats that run and I think there maybe a couple of 'lucky dip' all-in sats that run, but entry to this tournament seems to be kept as exclusive and low key. Perhaps thats what Sky wants, perhaps Sky wants to be known as the 'Bounty Hunter' site and has plans to rebrand itself as 'Sky Bounty Hunter Poker'? If I was Sky I'd bee looking to grow this tournament not kill it, something like a Sky Poker Sunday Night 'Tripple Crown' with the £55 Freezout, the High Roller and Min Roller. I get the seasonal peaks and troughs, I know a lot of  effort goes into the excellent SkyVegas promotion, but rightly or wrongly it does feel that SkyPoker see's, attracting or keeping customers to play regular MTT's is not on the weekly agenda. If I can find it, I will 'watch this space', for any news.
    Posted by TheDart
    That's a belting post Darty, tyvm, but I must correct the emboldened part.

A whole bunch of research into how to refresh the MTT schedule has been ongoing for a while now, & we are in touch with many players (many of whom you will know as Sky Poker loyal regulars) who are assisting Sky Poker with this.

Time of year makes it all a bit odd right now, with the expected seasonal downturn in traffic flows, but that's also exactly the right time to be doing these things.

• edited May 2016
    I find the rake at the £5 level very off putting. It may only be 25p but this adds up and it also marks a pyscological barrier to registering for more of these. Most other MTTs are 10% so for these to be more at £5 level (though for some reason not the mini) strikes me as unfair and targeting smaller BR players. 

If the 7pm was a £5.50 MTT I would enter it whatever it was. Most ppl don't think about the one buy in but how much it costs over a period of time, a week or month etc. 

As for suggestions, the Velocity MTT where always popular and maybe starting 3 at £1/£3 and £5 level at the same time with even a prize for FT all three ( a super roller seat for example). 
  • edited May 2016
    Would love to see a 3.30 bh at night same as the ones in the morning maybe 7 oclock maybe replace the 8.50 or 10.00 2.30 bh with a 3.30