You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Yes quads

edited May 2016 in Poker Chat
It's not often you are dealt quads. Sigh

Comments

• edited May 2016

congratulations to you and margaret

• edited May 2016
    Thank you it was quite a shock. why does it take so long to get a picture approved on this forum? Yes I know we have complained before.
  • edited May 2016
    In Response to Re: Yes quads:
    Thank you it was quite a shock. why does it take so long to get a picture approved on this forum? Yes I know we have complained before.
    Posted by Sir-Gary
    Because seemingly only 1 person can do it and they can't do it on a day with a "n" or a "r" in, or some such restriction. I think it's a Leeds bye-law from 1872.

So are we expecting a picture that will confirm that your good lady is expecting, and that you were not expecting to be expanding your family quite to this extent?

• edited May 2016
    enjoy gary and when you look back it,ll be the best days of your life,hard,tiring but fantastic make the most of it m8
    congratulations
  • edited May 2016
    Quads at your age!

IVF?
  • edited May 2016
    IVF I know what that is you use when you calculate how much your chips are worth towards the end of the tournament, good luck with the quads sir will you be able to find time for poker for the next 16 years?
  • edited May 2016
    Posted by Sir-Gary
    No idea, Gary.

If I could do it, I would, but I don't have the access required.

I have made my views known to the Office "vigorously". Once or twice, or maybe 100 times.

Sorry, don't know what else to say.
  • edited May 2016
    In Response to Re: Yes quads : No idea, Gary. If I could do it, I would, but I don't have the access required.   I have made my views known to the Office "vigorously". Once or twice, or maybe 100 times. Sorry, don't know what else to say.
    Posted by Tikay10
     No problem Tikay I know you also have mentioned it before.
  • edited May 2016
    Congratulations Sir-Gary.
    All the best.
    Rainman397.
  • edited May 2016
    This must be some photo been pending for ages
  • edited May 2016
    It must be because they don't trust the source :-)
  • edited May 2016
    Now you can have a six seater instead of heads up!
  • edited May 2016
    Bump for pic reveal.

Your local mothercareworld will be disappointed though.

5 days to mod a pic #sortitoutsky.

PS Tikay - not aimed at you - I know you are on our side with this. Maybe send the thread "upstairs" and see if they think 5 days is reasonable.
  • edited May 2016

what have you named them?

• edited May 2016
    And I thought it was tough and tiring bringing up twins...

On the picture issue I have to agree, it is a little frustrating. I would post more pics in my diary, especially during Vegas time but by the time they are approved any context is lost.

I am sure there are good reasons behind the policy but maybe when members have been on Sky for X amount of time or made X amount of legitimate posts their pics could be auto approved and this priviledge revoked if they abuse it.

P.S. As Phantom said I realise Tikay is on our side with this one.

Congrats on the quads Gary!
  • edited May 2016
    It must be because they don't trust the source :-)
    Posted by Sir-Gary
    Can sky not implement say a 100 post rule before they allow people to post images, and then let them be insantly uploaded once the 100 post threshold has been reached?
    Would prevent people posting inappropiate things whilst improving the quality of forum posts. Ridiculous that regular community contributors have to wait days for photos to be given approval. The moment is gone by the time its allowed
  • edited May 2016
    I thought it might amuse our Omaha friends. I was dealt quad 2's whats worse it was plo8. I am sure Tikay can explain just how good a hand this is :-)
  • edited May 2016
    I thought it might amuse our Omaha friends. I was dealt quad 2's whats worse it was plo8. I am sure Tikay can explain just how good a hand this is :-)
    Posted by Sir-Gary
    Pot every street IMO, nobody can make a wheel! :D

* not being serious just incase anyone thinks I have lost the last of my marbles.
  • edited May 2016
    Quad 2's in Omaha is probably the worst hand you can have in any form of poker that I know! Against any paired hand it is drawing dead and it will on average only have 8% equity against a random hand. The very best it can possibly do (that I can think of) is 16.67% equity against a hand like KQJ3r (no low possibility, no flush possibility and as few straight possibilities whilst satisfying the no low possibility)
  • edited May 2016
    Just about the worst hand to go/call all-in pre with.

However as marky suggests you do have excellent bluffing options on a low only board. A34 rainbow flop for example.