You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

OMG R U Serious???

edited February 2010 in Poker Chat
Remember the other night when EVERYONES table/Sky froze?
Remember being told to email support with your claim?
This is the reply i got from the helpful souls (sp?)
-------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Shaun,

Thanks for your email.

Although I can fully appreciate your frustration here, unfortunately Sky Poker do not take responsibility for individual disconnections.

Although you might feel that you had the best cards there is still no certainty that you would definitely have won that hand. There is no way that we can predict what the outcome of the game would have been, had you not lost connection.

We cannot, unfortunately, reimburse you in any way.

--------------------------------------------------------------

LMAO!!!!  Awesome reply.
Thank you Sky..... i'm sorry i bothered you!
Keep up the great work!

Comments

• edited February 2010
    get sky rich onto this, he will sort it out dw... also i find it easier to use the live chat thing to sort refunds rather than email. So maybe try that? That is a joke though dude... jeeez, but dw im confident it will be sorted.
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to OMG R U Serious???:
    Remember the other night when EVERYONES table/Sky froze? Remember being told to email support with your claim? This is the reply i got from the helpful souls (sp?) ------------------------------------------------------------- Hi Shaun, Thanks for your email. Although I can fully appreciate your frustration here, unfortunately Sky Poker do not take responsibility for individual disconnections . Although you might feel that you had the best cards there is still no certainty that you would definitely have won that hand. There is no way that we can predict what the outcome of the game would have been, had you not lost connection . We cannot, unfortunately, reimburse you in any way. -------------------------------------------------------------- LMAO!!!!  Awesome reply. Thank you Sky..... i'm sorry i bothered you! Keep up the great work!
    Posted by cottlad

wonderful.....i thought it was more a case of  " mass  "  , than" individual" disconnection.
  • edited February 2010
    Unfortunatley this is std reply from 'Customer Care' team.

Uninformed blanket reply from the T&C's.  Last few calls/ Live chats I have had have been even more unhelpful than previous experiences. 

I am positive that this has been out sourced to another country ;)  And half the employees probably do not even know what poker is let alone how to play.  

Despite all the amazing support on the forum from the likes of sky_rich, sky_jack, sky_ling et al, this seems to end there.  Maybe a couple of these guys should do some in house training with the people on live chat and the help lines.  Or even better have a sky mod/customer care on the forum as a liaison, out of hours - 8pm - 4am or something like that.  This would probably be cheaper and a lot more helpful than 5 or 6 people who have no clue.  And can only give blanket T&C's responses.

I will get off the horse again now.  But this is one area that I feel strongly about.

I mean look at the help and support that one guy alone, in his own time can give us (Tikay), when all the people employed to do this job have not got a scooby and probably don't give a monkeys!
  • edited February 2010
    they are based in SOUTH AFRICA. i had major problem a while back and managed to get a direct number to their office there. (i dont have the number anymore). And ur right they are getting worse

n Response to Re: OMG R U Serious???:
    Unfortunatley this is std reply from 'Customer Care' team. Uninformed blanket reply from the T&C's.  Last few calls/ Live chats I have had have been even more unhelpful than previous experiences.  I am positive that this has been out sourced to another country ;)  And half the employees probably do not even know what poker is let alone how to play.   Despite all the amazing support on the forum from the likes of sky_rich, sky_jack, sky_ling et al, this seems to end there.  Maybe a couple of these guys should do some in house training with the people on live chat and the help lines.  Or even better have a sky mod/customer care on the forum as a liaison, out of hours - 8pm - 4am or something like that.  This would probably be cheaper and a lot more helpful than 5 or 6 people who have no clue.  And can only give blanket T&C's responses. I will get off the horse again now.  But this is one area that I feel strongly about. I mean look at the help and support that one guy alone, in his own time can give us (Tikay), when all the people employed to do this job have not got a scooby and probably don't give a monkeys!
    Posted by BIGSHANN
  • edited February 2010
    Hi cottlad

I've read through your post and your query. I've passed it on internally and someone will be in touch with you about the service received.

Kind regards,
    Steve
  • edited February 2010
    My guess is that the people who man these foreign customer service sites dont even have a clue about whats actually happening here in England as far as the game is concerned, they probably dont even PLAY Poker.  Its a pitythat Sky dont employ people like Sky Rich to answer these calls, at least then customer satisfaction would improve.
  • edited February 2010
    Sky have already accepted this was their fault (thus the threads THEY put up about problems on specific dates) while this may be a standard reply it's a dissgrace that this is sent to customers complaining about a problem Sky have already accepted happened to clients on MASS !!!!

I'm glad i was playing elsewhere on the specific date this happened because that's almost enough to push you over the edge. Every company has problems they can't help, most customers will happiily accept that these things happen and work with the company to sort them, but to resort to blaming customers for the companies shortcomings is beyond a joke!!!
  • edited February 2010
    Thanks Steve
    Error undone.......  all sorted

Appreciated TY :)
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to OMG R U Serious???:
    Remember the other night when EVERYONES table/Sky froze? Remember being told to email support with your claim? This is the reply i got from the helpful souls (sp?) ------------------------------------------------------------- Hi Shaun, Thanks for your email. Although I can fully appreciate your frustration here, unfortunately Sky Poker do not take responsibility for individual disconnections . Although you might feel that you had the best cards there is still no certainty that you would definitely have won that hand. There is no way that we can predict what the outcome of the game would have been, had you not lost connection . We cannot, unfortunately, reimburse you in any way. -------------------------------------------------------------- LMAO!!!!  Awesome reply. Thank you Sky..... i'm sorry i bothered you! Keep up the great work!
    Posted by cottlad
    Hi Cottlad.
    I contacted sky poker live chat, gave them the ID of the games that were affected by the site technical problems, I told them the amount I wished to be refunded and I received a refund almost immediately. They were very helpful.

Sky Poker Live Chat seems to be the easiest way to resolve any issues, however, I found that being very polite to them seems to get things done much more quickly. You will also need to explain the full circumstances of the issue ie. the site was experiencing technical problems, not for instance (I lost my connection) they have a list of responses which are pre-determined by what you ask them.

So a fuller explanation should resolve your problem. 
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: OMG R U Serious???:
    In Response to OMG R U Serious??? : Hi Cottlad. I contacted sky poker live chat, gave them the ID of the games that were affected by the site technical problems, I told them the amount I wished to be refunded and I received a refund almost immediately. They were very helpful. Sky Poker Live Chat seems to be the easiest way to resolve any issues, however, I found that being very polite to them seems to get things done much more quickly. You will also need to explain the full circumstances of the issue ie. the site was experiencing technical problems, not for instance (I lost my connection) they have a list of responses which are pre-determined by what you ask them. So a fuller explanation should resolve your problem. 
    Posted by POKERTREV
    Hi Trev,
    Just for the record i was extremely polite..... i included the hand ID........ and the full circumstances were well explained.
    Anyways, the issue has been dealt with now and an acceptable result has been achieved.

Please feel free to delete this thread mods.... it's redundant now.
  • edited February 2010

Glad it's sorted cottlad

I'm going to close this thread now as this problem is resolved.

Just a note to others who have commented on this issue, thanks for your feedback (positive, negative or otherwise). To those who have questionned the knowledge of our customer care team, I can assure you that they are knowledgeable about poker and their knowledge is increasing all the time.