You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!
Options

Sad day for the world of sport R.I.P muhammad ali

edited June 2016 in Poker Chat
he was the greatest boxer the world has ever seen and to see him fight live it must have been a dream he was worlds greatest and the best well ever see he could float like a butterfly and sting like a bee he was an inspiration for millions you see so rest in peace now Muhammad Ali

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2016
    In Response to Sad day for the world of sport R.I.P muhammad ali:
    he was the greatest boxer the world has ever seen and to see him fight live it must have been a dream he was worlds greatest and the best well ever see he could float like a butterfly and sting like a bee he was an inspiration for millions you see so rest in peace now Muhammad Ali
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    RIP to the greatest
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Did he play much poker?
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    No , but more chess like, just before he knocks you out.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    its truly a sad loss for sport, but can someone explain to me why he is classed as the greatest sportsman of all time? i read he lost 5 times, yet other boxers remained undefeated? was it just his personality and what he did away from the ring? or was he just unlucky to lose the amount of times he did?
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    When people say greatest they really mean greatest showman.In an era of less choices, including media coverage, the expectation was something else.When he was at his best, his hand speed was amazing for a big man.Sadly , like a fair few boxers they go on too long,which takes the gloss off their records.There were many people that wanted him to lose,me included some times, which just added to the mix
    You should judge someone at their very best, and not someone at their worst.like you on the ft in last nights bh.Yes i was watching lol.wd.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    In Response to Re: Sad day for the world of sport R.I.P muhammad ali:
    When people say greatest they really mean greatest showman.In an era of less choices, including media coverage, the expectation was something else.When he was at his best, his hand speed was amazing for a big man.Sadly , like a fair few boxers they go on too long,which takes the gloss off their records.There were many people that wanted him to lose,me included some times, which just added to the mix You should judge someone at their very best, and not someone at their worst.like you on the ft in last nights bh.Yes i was watching lol.wd.
    Posted by chilling

cheers mate, and yeah that makes sense, i watched a few clips of him online yesterday and he seems a much better charachter than anyone fighting today.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    In Response to Re: Sad day for the world of sport R.I.P muhammad ali : cheers mate, and yeah that makes sense, i watched a few clips of him online yesterday and he seems a much better charachter than anyone fighting today.
    Posted by jordz16
    He is peobably the greateat heavyweight of all time (not the best everboxer) but that is my oppinion. He thought in the greatest era of heavyweights ever when there were 4 or 5 all time greats fighting at once and Ali was at the top of the tree.

he without doubt done more for boxing that any other fighter.

rip

• Options
    edited June 2016
    In Response to Re: Sad day for the world of sport R.I.P muhammad ali : cheers mate, and yeah that makes sense, i watched a few clips of him online yesterday and he seems a much better charachter than anyone fighting today.
    Posted by jordz16
    He is peobably the greateat heavyweight of all time (not the best everboxer) but that is my oppinion. He thought in the greatest era of heavyweights ever when there were 4 or 5 all time greats fighting at once and Ali was at the top of the tree.

he without doubt done more for boxing that any other fighter.

rip