You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Im Shocked

edited February 2010 in Poker Chat
Just been in a DYM , good group on the table , one person got in a hand with another , won and put haha in the chat box, same 2 got involved in a hand 10 mins later the other guy wins puts haha in chat box also to which

Comments

• edited February 2010
    oops sorry put it on too early,

The response the guy got was "i hope your mum gets raped"

Now im sorry but i think that is totally out of order, the poor guy on the end of it said its ok i get worse at work but thats really not the point. I know ppl get stressed when they lose chips but god surely we can aviod nasty vicious comments like this.
  • edited February 2010
    And i have let customer services know too.
  • edited February 2010
    Hi Emma

Yes, nobody should have to put up with abuse, can I suggest you contact Customer Care, the guy may not want to take it further, but he will probably do it again if not stopped, oh and im multi tasking again :), lol you obviuosly posted while I was typing :)
  • edited February 2010
    Hi Stoxy

Thanks for letting customer care know about this. As you say, people do get stressed but comments like that are unnecessary and not what we want to see on the sky poker tables.

Regards,
    Steve
  • edited February 2010

Aup Stoxy, Ive seen this sort of thing happen quite alot on other sites, not so much since moving to sky, thats an honest comment too. Maybe coz its a smaller site? but it does seem to monitored and punished alot more here than elsewhere. 

Personally it goes straight over my head, they can chirp away all day long to/about me If anything it makes me focus more. But I understand it's gonna upset alot of people, and shouldn't be accepted you're right. All I can say is try not to let it stop you enjoying your game, they will be dealt with, hope it didn't upset you too much. Just look at it as words on a screen, they're 1diots.

Well done for reporting it, he'll be chat banned v soon.

DOHH
  • edited February 2010
    Friendly banter on a table is one thing but that was well out of order. Well done for reporting it to cuatomer services.
  • edited February 2010
    The back up we get from the Sky team when something like this happens is also second to non big up tp Rich, Steve and Jack (Does that get me entry to a freeroll? hehehehehe)
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Im Shocked:
    Just been in a DYM , good group on the table , one person got in a hand with another , won and put haha in the chat box, same 2 got involved in a hand 10 mins later the other guy wins puts haha in chat box also to which
    Posted by stoxy
    well done mate for reporting it i had it the other nite but it was sayin hope ur mum and kids get cancer and another player reported him while i was still playen would like to say thank you to him.
    People shouldnt be able to rite things like that it well out of order. Trust me if i see him face to face i cant tell you what will happen lol :)

thats not a threat its a promise lol
  • edited February 2010
    I find it amusin, because it usually means you have the oppo right where you want him, on life tilt!!!!

Just laugh it off, stivk to your game and reap the rewards when he tries to 3 barrel you with 3 high and when they are broke just put.....'GG GL'

That will def pee them off, and maybe even force them to reload ;)
  • edited February 2010
    the actual comment is not as bad as how worrying it is that someones mind is as twisted as that to feel that that is a suitable insult.

Its people like this that you read about in papers coz theyve walked into their school with a gun and gone crazy.

comments like this puts them in a different league from obnoxious, rude or arrogant. 

They are just plain weird
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Im Shocked:
    the actual comment is not as bad as how worrying it is that someones mind is as twisted as that to feel that that is a suitable insult. Its people like this that you read about in papers coz theyve walked into their school with a gun and gone crazy. comments like this puts them in a different league from obnoxious, rude or arrogant.  They are just plain weird
    Posted by OMahonyO
    +1

its amazing how brave some people get hiding behind a computer!
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Im Shocked:
    The back up we get from the Sky team when something like this happens is also second to non big up tp Rich, Steve and Jack (Does that get me entry to a freeroll? hehehehehe)
    Posted by acebarry10

nearly! ;)