You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

sometimes lifes not fair

edited February 2010 in Poker Chat

Hand History #231631922 (15:42 08/02/2010)

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
quidpro Small blind  75.00 75.00 2010.00
Dave88 Big blind  150.00 225.00 2415.00
  Your hole cards

Macey682 Call  150.00 375.00 6640.00
donkeyplop All-in  560.00 935.00 0.00
quidpro Fold     
Dave88 Call  410.00 1345.00 2005.00
Macey682 Call  410.00 1755.00 6230.00
Flop

• J

Dave88 Check     
Macey682 Check     
Turn

Dave88 Check     
Macey682 Bet  150.00 1905.00 6080.00
Dave88 Call  150.00 2055.00 1855.00
River

Dave88 Check     
Macey682 Bet  150.00 2205.00 5930.00
Dave88 Call  150.00 2355.00 1705.00
Macey682 Show
  • Q

donkeyplop Show

Dave88 Muck
  • K
  • J

Macey682 Win Straight to the Queen 2355.00  8285.00

Comments

• edited February 2010
    was running out of chips got 8 8 so though all in

hit 8 on flop and though YES with 2 callers to my all in and chip leader hits a straight!!

the board didnt look like someone had made the straight.

just ran the odds through my i phone app

i was 80% ahead after the flop too!

just feel like i have no luck anymore.

• edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: sometimes lifes not fair:
    can someone tell me the odds of losing pre flop please?? just feel like i have no luck anymore.
    Posted by donkeyplop

Strangely preflop the KJ suited was the favourite at just under 40%, you were second fave at just over 31% and the QT is just under 29% to win.

That was one nasty board to see checked down mate.

• edited February 2010
    Pre Flop:  KJ - 39.11%   Q10 - 28.94%   88 - 31.62%  (0.33% for split)
    Flop:  KJ - 5.76%   Q10 - 15.06%   88 - 79.18%

It's one of those annoying situations where you'd love KJ to protect their hand and move in on the flop but pretty standard to check it down! You've got four over cards to avoid hence only being 31% pre flop and once they're guaranteed to see all streets, your 8's will be doing well to hold up - it's harder to take as you've flopped set and gone near 80% favourite to win but unfortunately it's one of those times where Q10 and their 29% hit!

Edit: Sorry I'd started to reply before Tommy's post!
  • edited February 2010
    "sometimes lifes not fair"

Some people get ill with horrible diseases, some people get brutally murdered by their own husband/father because he's having a bad time at work, and then there's poker 'bad beats'....

• edited February 2010
    " sometimes lifes not fair" Some people get ill with horrible diseases, some people get brutally murdered by their own husband/father because he's having a bad time at work, and then there's poker 'bad beats'....
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    yes thats very true. i wasnt being that serious just wanted to vent some frustration.

i do have a pretty rubbish ilness to deal with too though :-(
  • edited February 2010
    Chin up mate, we all get a bit of bad luck now and again. I was having a terrible run the other week but i hit a hand that really lifted my spirits. I had a small stack so shoved with A8 suited and one player called and showed KK(Kevin Keegan). The flop was K88 so i stood up ready to go and make a coffee but i managed to nail an A on the turn and river. Happy days. :-)

Stick to your game and i'm sure you'll get some good luck soon.
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: sometimes lifes not fair : yes thats very true. i wasnt being that serious just wanted to vent some frustration. i do have a pretty rubbish ilness to deal with too though :-(
    Posted by donkeyplop
    Yeah I know :) I'm just in total gloom mode today. Still it's nearly beer time :)

• edited February 2010

Unlucky there Mr donkey poo :). but if the situations were reversed and you hit your straight...........

Anyway, don't let it get you down, put it out of your mind and good luck at the tables in the future mate!

And just to put things into perspective, I had a few days off playing poker to chill out after a bad run......entered 3 B/H' s last night and went out of every one with the best hand pre/post flop but outdrawn every time. I am getting used to them by now but it is still a gutter..... BUT IT HAPPENS TO US ALL SO MOVE ON AND UPWARDS!!!!
  • edited February 2010

cheers i know im bleating about bad beats but i find by sharing them with you all it acts like some kind of therapy ;-)

• edited February 2010
    cheers i know im bleating about bad beats but i find by sharing them with you all it acts like some kind of therapy ;-)
    Posted by donkeyplop
    I like it when people post there bad beats makes me feel more human Im not just the only one getting bad beats time after time, played 4 games yesterday all in on all 4 games with best hand only to be sucked out, each time!!!  so shot some people on my ps3 very therapeutic
  • edited February 2010
    You was very unlucky this hand.. but it happens to us all! Just keep pluggin on and long term you will win loads im sire! gl :)
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: sometimes lifes not fair : I like it when people post there bad beats makes me feel more human Im not just the only one getting bad beats time after time, played 4 games yesterday all in on all 4 games with best hand only to be sucked out, each time!!!  so shot some people on my ps3 very therapeutic
    Posted by JONONZIE
    You must have posted tis just before your 6 3 turned over my Q 6 when we both hit 6 on the flop and you got 33!!! I dont bear grudges though (even though I am running so bad this evening). Good luck tonight.
  • edited February 2010
    I was playing a live game the other day and the blinds were large, everyone folded, I had AA, limped on the small blind, the big blind went all-in on a steal with Q5.

Flop came

6 - 2 - 4

He then said, "oh a 3 would be nice"

Turn came a 3 (naturally)

River was an ace

I felt pretty ill,

Next hand I was relatively crippled, but picked up QQ

I shoved trying to look weak and on tilt, he called with J8 and rivered 2 pair

Poker sucks sometimes :(