You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Las Vegas Blog # 2

edited June 2016 in Poker Chat

Good morning.

The 2nd of the Blogs from Las Vegas is now up.

And in good news, starting with Blog # 3, I've at last figured how to take, & upload photographs, so future blogs will contain a selection of photos from Las Vegas.

I am writing Blog # 3 right now, but here's a link to Blog # 2. 

http://bit.ly/1t5Pt9a

Any feedback or comments - good or bad - are welcome.

Thank you, & I hope, even if you can't be in Vegas this year, or maybe ever, these "vicarious Vegas" blogs give you a sense of what it is like.

Comments

• edited June 2016
    Not sure people are going to forgive and forget Lederer, Ferguson and Ray Bitar when lots of US players are still many thousands out of pocket from Full Tilt Poker, 5 years down the road and those at the top never paying a penny of it back after taking millions out of the business.

Other than that glad you are having a good time and hope to see some stories of serious binkage soon.
  • edited June 2016
    In Response to Re: Las Vegas Blog # 2:
    Not sure people are going to forgive and forget Lederer, Ferguson and Ray Bitar when lots of US players are still many thousands out of pocket from Full Tilt Poker, 5 years down the road and those at the top never paying a penny of it back after taking millions out of the business. Other than that glad you are having a good time and hope to see some stories of serious binkage soon.
    Posted by FCHD
    You are absolutely right, Barny, not many will forgive these guys.

Thing is, we only live once, & I happen to think forgiveness is a vastly underestimated human trait. We can hate on these guys for the rest of our lives, but that won't change a thing. At my age, the default is to mend fences, & make our peace with the world.

I also happen to believe that Mr Bitar holds by far most of the responsibility for the whole debacle.  

• edited June 2016
    In Response to Re: Las Vegas Blog # 2 : You are absolutely right, Barny, not many will forgive these guys. Thing is, we only live once, & I happen to think forgiveness is a vastly underestimated human trait. We can hate on these guys for the rest of our lives, but that won't change a thing. At my age, the default is to mend fences, & make our peace with the world.   I also happen to believe that Mr Bitar holds by far most of the responsibility for the whole debacle.    
    Posted by Tikay10
    Forgiveness is important. What I cannot forgive, however, is having read your latest article, I cannot get "Push it" out of my skull! Can forgive Ferguson easier than Salt n Pepa :)
  • edited June 2016
    Thanks for the bloggage Tony
    Run golden when you get to the felt.
  • edited June 2016
    In Response to Re: Las Vegas Blog # 2 : Forgiveness is important. What I cannot forgive, however, is having read your latest article, I cannot get "Push it" out of my skull! Can forgive Ferguson easier than Salt n Pepa :)
    Posted by Essexphil
    Oooh, baby, baby
    Baby, baby
    Oooh, baby, baby
    Baby, baby
  • edited June 2016
    Thanks for the bloggage Tony Run golden when you get to the felt.
    Posted by VespaPX
    I have already "hit the felt" Mick, & played 2 events.

Here is a list of how much I won.

• edited June 2016

^^^^^

Fortunately, 2 sessions of Big O cash have repaired the damage.

Both were extremely interesting (well they were to me), but I'm not entirely sure it is suitable material for blogging - these blogs, really, should be about other people.

The 2nd session was amazing, as I played from 10pm until 6am without a break, & I won a lot of money. Or I THOUGHT I won a lot of money. In fact, that was not quite true..... 

• edited June 2016
    going next Thursday, cant wait, only there a week, usually only play the daily's at Rio and the Nugget series but thinking about doing the seniors
  • edited June 2016
    In Response to Re: Las Vegas Blog # 2 : Oooh, baby, baby Baby, baby Oooh, baby, baby Baby, baby
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hope whenever you go all-in, you push it real good:)

Have a great time in Vegas-you deserve it
  • edited June 2016
    In Response to Re: Las Vegas Blog # 2 : I have already "hit the felt" Mick, & played 2 events. Here is a list of how much I won.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Cash "pending"
  • edited June 2016
    Great reads Tikay.  Many thanks.
  • edited June 2016
    great read tikay
  • edited June 2016
    ^^^^^ Fortunately, 2 sessions of Big O cash have repaired the damage. Both were extremely interesting (well they were to me), but I'm not entirely sure it is suitable material for blogging - these blogs, really, should be about other people.   The 2nd session was amazing, as I played from 10pm until 6am without a break, & I won a lot of money. Or I THOUGHT I won a lot of money. In fact, that was not quite true.....   
    Posted by Tikay10
    No,No Tikay, deffo want to hear about your swings and swongs along with all the t i t bits.
  • edited June 2016
    Are you bullying the youngsters TK 4 bet AI with 38o and there thinking this nice old man must have aces.
  • edited June 2016
    Thanks for these blogs TK. Great stuff.

I wish you and all the Sky lads/lasses out there, all the best.

I will watch their progress, and read your threads/blogs with interest.

Cheers,

Graham

#COME_ON_SKY_PLAYERS_TID! (Hope you forgive the exclamation mark) :=)
  • edited June 2016
    On the off chance you are homesick or wondering what is going on back in the UK or on the forum here are the cliffs...

In site related news there has been some lively discussion after rumours surfaced that £500-£1000 NLHE Spin ups may be introduced. After StayorGo's 'reveal all' thread, so many players have now developed their game so much that there is now no way to beat the rake long term in MTT's. Advanced discussion in the thread has now got to debating 15-bet and 16-bet ranges and whether KK can be folded preflop to a stiff 16-bet.

After lots of feedback via the forum there are rumours that Sky may announce new freerolls that cater to everyone. It has been suggested they could be 'Deep-stacked Turbo All-in rebuy shootouts' which change in game format twice every hand and have a progressive clock.

In UK news, there were many reported sightings of UFO's in Scotland this week. It was later discovered that this was a star called 'the Sun' which can apparently be seen with the naked eye when/if the cloudcover thins. The first person to report the strange sighting was 'Mad Mental Malky' from the Gorbals in Glasgow. After learning this was a star he was saddened when informed that it could not be named after him. A reporter pointed out to him that apart from already being known to exist, the star can actually be seen 'semi-frequently' in other parts of the UK.

Also the 729th series of 'Big Brother' got underway. Fans turned out in their dozens to watch the live launch with some reports suggesting crowds in excess of 25. The latest series will apparently have 18 contestants fighting it out to be the series winner and be catapulted to Z list celebrity stardom.
  • edited June 2016
    Always great to read, had to look up what BIG O was, interesting web search that was........
    Anyway keep the blogs coming, for those of us who cannot go to Vegas, this is the next best thing.
    Keep having fun
    Nick