You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Midweek footy betting (for Tuesday 9th)

edited February 2010 in The Shed
I figured it would be better to start a new thread for the midweek games otherwise they tend to get lost at the end of other threads.

There's a few games tomorrow & Wednesday so here are my picks.

Cardiff to beat Peterborough (H) @ 8/15
Forest to beat Coventry (A) @ EVENS
West Brom to beat Scunthorpe (H) @ 2/5
Swindon to beat Oldham (H) @ 8/13
Bury to beat Macclesfield (H) @ 8/15

The 5 way on this is currently returning 9.63/1 so worth a dabble.

The 4 homes here should be pretty much nailed on (if there's ever such a thing!). They're all strong at home & haven't dropped many points there. The only slight worry would be Forest away at Coventry. Coventry have drawn a few of late but generally Forest should be too strong for them. Taking into account general form of both sides plus the fact that Coventry only have 2 senior strikers available to them & the evens on offer is just too good to turn down.

I'll also be having a long shot bet for tomorrow night too:

Portsmouth/Sunderland DRAW @ 9/4
Wigan/Stoke DRAW @ 9/4
Fulham to beat Burnley (H) @ 8/11
Palace to beat Swansea (H) @ 11/8
Gillingham to beat Tran-mere (H) @ 10/11

These 5 are currently returning a whopping 81.72/1!!! Well worth £1 I think.

As with all long shots this is just as likely to fail spectacularly as it is to come in but there is some method to my madness here. Pompey & Sunderland are 2 of the most out of form teams at the moment. Also take into account that this game in the cup finished 1-1 only a few weeks ago. The only thing Wigan have been consistent at this season is being inconsistent. I like the look of the draw here simply for that reason & also the fact that Stoke are not easy to break down. Fulham have been out of sorts of late but really should beat a Burnley team who really rode their luck on Saturday. On another day we would've had 4 or 5 up there but it wasn't to be. Also remember that Burnley have only taken 1 point on their travels all season. Palace are doing a good job of dealing with their recent administration. They've only lost 1 of their last 10 in all competitions and that was up at Newcastle (who, to be fair have beaten most teams there). Swansea have been in reasonable form themselves having only lost 1 in their last 8 in all competitions but have drawn quite a few of those. Whilst Gillingham are also flirting with relegation in league 1 themselves they've been very strong at home all season having only lost twice at Preistfield. Tran-mere have been, well, simply poor home & away all season & I can't see them getting any joy here.

Good luck to all having a punt tomorrow & Wednesday.

Jay

p.s. Why is it that I can write Scunthorpe with no problems but not Tran-mere? 

Comments

• edited February 2010
    I like your tips but I'd be a bit wary of forest.
    I did Colchester tonite with Leicester tomorrow, for a 7/4 double.
    If you want a good laff make sure you see colchesters first goal (monday nite)
    I also think Pompey are worth a bet tomorrow, they were the better team against man city (who were awful)
    and held their own against fulham at the cottage but lost 1-0. the united game means nothing.Its last chance for pompey,theyve got to start beating bottom half teams at home.crazy as it sounds but pompey could win 3 games running, at good prices. sunderland(H) Soton (A)CUP.+ stoke(H) I'll do them in singles, and stop when they dont win. Good luck everyone!
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Midweek footy betting (for Tuesday 9th):
    I like your tips but I'd be a bit wary of forest. I did Colchester tonite with Leicester tomorrow, for a 7/4 double. If you want a good laff make sure you see colchesters first goal (monday nite) I also think Pompey are worth a bet tomorrow, they were the better team against man city (who were awful) and held their own against fulham at the cottage but lost 1-0. the united game means nothing.Its last chance for pompey,theyve got to start beating bottom half teams at home.crazy as it sounds but pompey could win 3 games running, at good prices. sunderland(H) Soton (A)CUP.+ stoke(H) I'll do them in singles, and stop when they dont win. Good luck everyone!
    Posted by TORTUS007
    Like I said in my post, it's the Forest game that worries me but when you look at the general form & the price it appeals. It'll probably be one of the others that lets me down now!
  • edited February 2010
    Right ladies(doubt there are any reading this thread but you never know) and gents, we're deffo gonna bash the bookies this midweek.  I'm gonna sit down with a coffee and pick out some belters then i'll get posting. We've got to win soon 'cause if i don't get a trip to a gentlemen's club in the next few weeks i'm gonna spontaneously combust and i've got a feeling Mr Miyagi is fast running out of pillowcases so he could do with a bit of coin.
  • edited February 2010
    First up is the draw acca. No in depth explanations here, i just think they're gonna be close. (ignore these if you wish because over the past few weeks my draw selections have been pathetic):

Leicester v Doncaster
    Boro v Barnsley(the dingles)
    Preston v Sheff Utd
    Brighton v Hudds
    Bristol Rovers v Walsall

Pays 472/1.
  • edited February 2010
    Here's my 2nd acca. They're all pretty strong favourites hence the gash odds of 43-1:

Fulham to beat Burnley: Fulham are solid at the cottage and Burnley have drawn 1 and lost 11 of their 12 league games.

Man City to beat Bolton:  City are still unbeaten at home while Bolton have only won 2 away and i feel the loss of Gary Cahill will be a big factor.

Cardiff to beat Posh: Cardiff raced to a 4-0 lead in the reverse fixture then collapsed and drew 4-4. I think Dave Jones will have them pumped up for this game and they won't make the same mistakes again.

West Brom to beat Scunny: West Brom are starting to click into top gear again after a slight blip and they're doing well to have cut the gap on the Toon Army to 3 points.

Gillingham to beat Tran-mere: Bit of a 6-pointer this one but Gillingham rely on their solid home form for most of their points while Tran-mere are poor on their travels, winning only once and scoring just 7 in 14.

Swindon to beat Oldham: Swindon are on fire at the moment, trouncing Leeds 3-0 and only a last minute goal from Charlton stopped them taking 3 points on saturday. Oldham are fighting to stay out of the relegation zone but i think Austin and Paynter will prove too much of a handful.

Bury to beat Macclesfield: Bury are solid at giggety gigg lane and have a great record against Macclesfield.  Macclesfield have only won twice away in the league this year.

Shrewsbury to beat Barnet: Shrewsbury aren't as good at home this year as last but they should be good enough to beat a Barnet side that prior to the 3-0 win over Aldershot on saturday had only picked up 3 points out of a possible 30.
  • edited February 2010
    having a bad run on betting.

only 1 bet tonight

£3  on Portsmouth, Burnley and Bolton  90-1 for the treble.
  • edited February 2010
    My bets for tonight.
    Leicester with colchester last night   7/4 double.
    Portsmouth single @ 7/5
    Bristol R  single @ evens
    Bury tonite with celtic tomorrow 11/10 double
    + man city-fulham-cardiff coral enhanced odds @ 3/1
    (so I hope you win quag cos you've got all these 3)
    Good luck everyone. Whats the odds on Tikay winning tonite ???
  • edited February 2010

Here's my long shot acca:

Pompey to beat Sunderland: Pompey have to win or else it's the championship for them next season.

Arsenal to beat Liverpool: This match has finished 1-1 in the last 3 meetings but i've got a feeling the little meerkat Mr Arshavin is gonna ruin us again.

Everton to draw with Chelski: Everton are on good form and always seem to nick a result against Chelski.

West Ham to draw with Brum: West Ham have got a few strikers in now but Brum are rock solid at the back.

Spurs to beat Wolves: I think Spurs will gain revenge for the 1-0 defeat at the lane, they've fired a few blanks recently but surely this can't continue.

Newcastle to beat Derby: Although Derby have returned to form recently i just think the Toon have got too much quality and they can't afford to drop points with WBA and Forest hot on their heels.

Sheff Wed to beat Blackpool: Irvine has turned things around and they were unlucky to lose at high-flying Forest, Blackpool seem to be suffering a dip in form.

Rotherham to beat Dagenham: Dagenham have suffered a loss of form in recent weeks so i think Le Fondre will bag a couple to clinch a win for Ronnie Moore's team in this battle of the league 2 hams.

Pays a whopping 845-1!

• edited February 2010
    Here's my long shot acca: Pompey to beat Sunderland: Pompey have to win or else it's the championship for them next season. Arsenal to beat Liverpool: This match has finished 1-1 in the last 3 meetings but i've got a feeling the little meerkat Mr Arshavin is gonna ruin us again. Everton to draw with Chelski: Everton are on good form and always seem to nick a result against Chelski. West Ham to draw with Brum: West Ham have got a few strikers in now but Brum are rock solid at the back. Spurs to beat Wolves: I think Spurs will gain revenge for the 1-0 defeat at the lane, they've fired a few blanks recently but surely this can't continue. Newcastle to beat Derby: Although Derby have returned to form recently i just think the Toon have got too much quality and they can't afford to drop points with WBA and Forest hot on their heels. Sheff Wed to beat Blackpool: Irvine has turned things around and they were unlucky to lose at high-flying Forest, Blackpool seem to be suffering a dip in form. Rotherham to beat Dagenham: Dagenham have suffered a loss of form in recent weeks so i think Le Fondre will bag a couple to clinch a win for Ronnie Moore's team in this battle of the league 2 hams. Pays a whopping 845-1!
    Posted by Quagmire72
    :o how could you.

it is one thing to secretly think it, but to make money off it is not right at all.
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Midweek footy betting (for Tuesday 9th) : :o how could you. it is one thing to secretly think it, but to make money off it is not right at all.
    Posted by Mr_Miyagi
    Sorry matey, sometimes your head has to rule your heart. Looks like Pompey have let this one down already though.
  • edited February 2010
    Dam you Forest, DAM YOU TO H ELL

That was the one I thought was most likely to let me down & they didn't disappoint. Never mind, there's a few games tomorrow night & another chance on Saturday
  • edited February 2010
    Dam you Gillingham, DAM YOU TO H ELL

Only team to let me down in my dead cert acca, 7 out of 8 right.

This is getting regoddamndiculous!
  • edited February 2010
    you were right about stoke hey m8
  • edited February 2010
    Now this one is highly unlikely but i've had a cheeky squid on a 1-1 draw acca:

Arsenal v Liverpool
    Villa v Man Ure
    Everton v Chelski
    West Ham v Brum

Pays £2218 if it comes in.