You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

BAD FOLD?

just watched this villain go all in pre with 55!

and hit fh!

maybe that is why i folded!

Comments

• edited February 2010
    I just been playing 200nl which I am taking shots at 200nl now and again.  tbh I am only rolled for 100nl.  I had doubled up and found my self in the following position:
    I have no real reads on the player as multi tabling chatting bla bla - basically not paying attention!

I think the guy is not the best player in the world and plays the hand pretty poorly but still did not want to risk my whole stack with out enough info on oppo.  After I left I watched his play and realised I shud of insta called with out thinking.  
    Any way here is the hand:

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancelolufoldSmall blind £1.00£1.00£197.00BrownnDogBig blind £2.00£3.00£238.25 Your hole cardsKK   JM4Fold    BIGSHANNRaise £8.00£11.00£402.70kegsy100Call £8.00£19.00£216.68villainRaise £14.00£33.00£506.85lolufoldFold    BrownnDogFold    BIGSHANNRaise £36.00£69.00£366.70kegsy100Fold    villainAll-in £506.85£575.85£0.00BIGSHANNFold    villainMuck    villainWin £575.85 £575.85

• edited February 2010
    and now he has just gone all in pre with 58 off

and lost half his stack

I feel a little bit sick now!
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: BAD FOLD?

This might be the worst fold ive ever seen. and im not jokin.
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: BAD FOLD?:
    In Response to Re: BAD FOLD? This might be the worst fold ive ever seen. and im not jokin.
    Posted by lolufold
    Glad u made the effort to check that i actually did fold kk.  And I am honoured to be the subject of your 4th post on the forum.

I know you are right,  I fell ill now, especially after watching his play through the rest of the session.

I should call this whatever table i am playing and for however much i have at the table.

At least it was a cheap lesson unlike playing u hu earlier!

• edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: BAD FOLD? This might be the worst fold ive ever seen. and im not jokin.
    Posted by lolufold

so so so funny. God I love lolu.
  • edited February 2010
    I think you answered your own question.  You would never of made this fold at 50nlh or 100nlh.  Because you were playing a bit too high for your roll you started to think about the money instead of thinking about the hand you made a decision based on the wrong things.

Respect to you for being able to fold kings pre but it's pretty much -EV.  Occasionally you are up against Aces but this is far outweighed by the times you are up against lower pairs, AK, AQ and just plain crazy plays.  If you don't have a very very good read on the villain this is always a bad fold.
  • edited February 2010
    Folding KK pre flop over time is obviously -ev.

It seems like you were out out of your comfort zone and were playing scared, as i know you would snap it on your reg limits!

Fair enough sometimes you will run into aa, but never enough to fold them pre flop, espesh in cash, where if you get sucked out on you can just reload!
  • edited February 2010
    As quick as the people above me are to criticise the fold, villain has min3bet (often an indicator of a strong hand) and has 5bet jammed over your 4bet. Without reads or additional information (55 aipf, or 85 aipf), this is a classic spot where you don't have enough information perhaps to risk over 200bb to an unknown w/o the nuts.

Once you know that he gets his stack in light, then you are never folding KK. but until then the information that is available then this is a situation where you can consider folding KK preflop.
  • edited February 2010
  • edited February 2010
    Lolufold lol used up his 4th post on this.... this means it definitely can't be good Shann..... but yes you never should have folded since he was shoving ever other hand...

ah well atleast you know what to do next time you see him! gl :) 
  • edited February 2010
    wow i was watching this cash game last night... i play micro stakes and the villain played 100% exactly like the poor players their... min donk betting into massive pots, randomly shoving... pay more attention next time bigshann!!! you would of insta called if u would of been watching, but if your playing with scared money maybe hold off from 200nl until you have a bigger roll?
  • edited February 2010
    After a good days sleep I am still feeling a bit sick at my fold. 

You guys are all correct and I knew that at the time.  But also as stated, playing with scared money.  

He eventually managed to get his remaining 300+ in with the monster that is 72 off pre flop!  and got looked up by..... 'KK' - lol

I have updated my notes for the next time I face the villain. 

I ended the session up 2 buyins on 200nl so not alll bad.
  • edited February 2010
    just watched this villain go all in pre with 55! and hit fh! maybe that is why i folded!
    Posted by BIGSHANN
    f.me shann i cant believe you folded kk???
    i can never get you to fold even when im ahead and you alway stack me off lol,
    i think you were one level too high as you said and bottled it?
    i did the same when i was £150 up raised to £20 with aks one call one reraise to £40 i reraise to £75 he goes all in for £265 so i bottled it and folded....

• edited February 2010
    Can you not tell us villain's name :D
  • edited February 2010
    Just noticed the time this thread was started, are you guys early risers or do you just not sleep?!

Regarding the fold, yes it's bad, but I sympathise with you, I've done it before (not to this extent though) when playing outside my bankroll.
  • edited February 2010
    Posted by lolufold

What he said.
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: BAD FOLD? : What he said.
    Posted by beaneh

What he said.
  • edited February 2010

He just gives you what £400 on a plate and you say no? WT...!

• edited February 2010
    Disagree with lol.  I think fold is fine here with no reads. i often see fish doing this min raise with AA!  Combined that ur a bit scared money and want to take the least volatile route it is fine.

with info u found out after, how did he get the money in?

XXX

• edited February 2010
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZRk9QcmE_I

Anyone with that name must be world class :;;--))
  • edited February 2010
    only u can tell us if it was a bad fold! did you go on to win a few quid after the fold of KK? And KK has often been beaten by lesser (even A rag). So u did'nt want to gamble the whole stack (understandable too), so you'll never know! You made your decision put it behind you and move on, it may have been the fold of the century, you'll never know!!!!!!!!
    P.S i'd have called ;)
  • edited February 2010

Whenever I've played you you're just an eternal luckbox anyway ;) probs would have got there anyway against AA.

P.S I cannot believe this fold...

• edited February 2010
    not been playing long but how can you fold 2nd best hand  will agree playing to high i stick to tourny at  low level and enjoy the game  only learning from sky t v which helps alot just play to enjoy the banter  gl in future
  • edited February 2010
    Couldn't fold here mate. I've probably folded KK 4 times in my life. Still never know if I was right. I have a friend whose a beginner and when we all play at a house game this is pretty much how he would play 6's honestly. Any pair he plays like Aces going on that I'd say stick it in his eye... ALLIN :-D