You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Do you let go in this spot?

edited February 2010 in Hold'em Poker Strategy
It was a live tourny at DTD, 10,000 starting stack 30 minute clock.

Still in first level, but im down to 7,000 after a fiasco with JJ previously.

MR station limps in CO i have QQ on the button and make it 300 to go. (blinds 25/50)

All fold except mr station who has played every pot, from any position.

Flop is 10 5 2.

He checks, i want to play this strong to get max value so i pot it.

Mr station then re pops to 3k...

i tank and think he has a hand like A10, k10, Q10, J10.

I shove 4 my last 6k ish and he insta calls, and shows 10 10!!!!!

I just wanted to know what people thort of how i played the hand, was it just a cooler, or should i let go and preserve my remaining 5,000 chips as its early?

Any criticism or advice welcome.

Cheers

Comments

• edited February 2010
    Maybe I'm far too nitty-tight, but I would have folded and waited for a better spot. I'd want to damage this opponent when I was much more certain that I'd trapped him.

From the tone of your post, I think you already know that you were slightly steamed about the Jacks. Plus, there was no point in shoving this early in such a deep-stack format.

Finally, your guy might well have been busy, but as well as all the hands you mention, pocket 10s was definitely within his range... and I'd say his call indicates that he has something (even if he is loose). When he re-pops to 3k, well that really sounds alarm bells to me.

In summary, I'd say the move was unnecessary and a bit of patience would have paid off here. Soz. 
  • edited February 2010
    cheers for your post flutnush
  • edited February 2010
    call call call no point re-raising.
  • edited February 2010
    I don't know if i,m in a position to give advice to a TP, but like Flutnush said , when he re-raised to 3k and with it being so early in the comp I would have to lay down and wait for a better spot and as the game went on you would have the chance to get a better read on him
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Do you let go in this spot?:
    It was a live tourny at DTD, 10,000 starting stack 30 minute clock. Still in first level, but im down to 7,000 after a fiasco with JJ previously. MR station limps in CO i have QQ on the button and make it 300 to go. (blinds 25/50) All fold except mr station who has played every pot, from any position. Flop is 10 5 2. He checks, i want to play this strong to get max value so i pot it. Mr station then re pops to 3k... i tank and think he has a hand like A10, k10, Q10, J10. I shove 4 my last 6k ish and he insta calls, and shows 10 10!!!!! I just wanted to know what people thort of how i played the hand, was it just a cooler, or should i let go and preserve my remaining 5,000 chips as its early? Any criticism or advice welcome. Cheers
    Posted by dantb10
    i would of played the exact same way you played i wouldnt put him on a 10 10 unlucky mate i would of put him on a 10 suited
  • edited February 2010
    hi dan dont think you did anything wrong, i wouldnt have put him on 10 10 many ppl may say fold but im calling that all day! 
  • edited February 2010
    he may well have had pocket 5s or 2s and flat called to see a flop. check reraise has got trips written all over it in my humble opinion. fold fold and and fold again me thinks.
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Do you let go in this spot?:
    call call call no point re-raising.
    Posted by beaneh
    Agree with Beaneh and I hate a pot bet on the flop mate :-)
  • edited February 2010
    Should have bet half pot on flop to find out where you are, don't like the pot bet there, then would probably check call any bets that come my way