You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Las Vegas Blog # 5. Awkward silence time.

Comments

• edited June 2016
    Well written again, as per. 
    More i say, More.
  • edited June 2016
     I'm all for live and let live and forgive and forget but this man has not shown any remorse. If he had ever made a statement first of all to talk about his past in the whole mess...perhaps many people feel he had very little to do with the day-to day running of Full Tilt and they'd be happier to forget if that was seen to be true. It does seem true that he took plenty of money from the business long after it was known to be insolvent and that he has turned up here wearing the same clothes and with the same hairstyle and that he has never really explained what happened or asked for forgiveness. If he really did want to just come back and play poker like a normal guy how about a haircut and a change of clothes?

Some of those 21/22/23 year old kids that had built up 6-figure sums that they routinely left in a site that they used like a bank account has made plans for their 20s...can you imagine being that rich at 22 years old? They had maybe got engaged, had a kid, made plans to go back to college, go travelling around the world or even just to play poker around the world. All those  lives put on hold and all those dreams gone. Maybe they were stupid for not leaving their money in a bank (Northern Rock perhaps?) and maybe they got their money eventually but they were robbed of years of their life when they could have really enjoyed that money. If anyone was given three wishes who wouldn't pick being younger again? but surely the 2nd pick would be to have the money to really enjoy it and not to live in a grotty bedsit in East London. Their chance to have a better time than 99% of the population in their youth was what they were robbed off and I wouldn't be forgiving that too easily.

If I get sat next to CF over there I doubt I will make much effort to talk. As it happens I have played with him about 25 times and it's extremely difficult to get him to say anything.