You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Multi table SNGS

edited June 2016 in Poker Chat
What would be the chance of getting these in the lobby?

Im pretty sure these would run fairly easy (12 man, 18 man, 24 Man etc) Even 9 player tables or 10 player tables would be great.

Maybe I am a bit old school but I like top heavy sngs rather than DYMs and I would be sure that these would increase the SNG traffic.

My only concern with the current sky set up is a slight lack of choice (In certain areas) When I came across to Sky from (Other sites) the lack of choice was my only real concern & that has never gone away.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• edited June 2016
    In Response to Multi table SNGS:
    What would be the chance of getting these in the lobby? Im pretty sure these would run fairly easy (12 man, 18 man, 24 Man etc) Even 9 player tables or 10 player tables would be great. Maybe I am a bit old school but I like top heavy sngs rather than DYMs and I would be sure that these would increase the SNG traffic. My only concern with the current sky set up is a slight lack of choice (In certain areas) When I came across to Sky from (Other sites) the lack of choice was my only real concern & that has never gone away. Any thoughts?
    Posted by Itsover4u
    Past experience suggests this would not be the case. 

Given the size of some of the MTTs I dont see the need for multi table SNGs
  • edited June 2016
    In Response to Re: Multi table SNGS:
    In Response to Multi table SNGS : Past experience suggests this would not be the case.  Given the size of some of the MTTs I dont see the need for multi table SNGs
    Posted by MattBates

I appreciate the point that mtt size is small.... But for those wanting to play something with a bit more depth it would be easy to jump in to a 12 man speed Sng or something similar.

I could be a million miles off thinking they will fill fairly easy but if there were 2/3 people playing these reguarly the rest would follow
  • edited June 2016
    Sorry ment to add good for those on a time limit
  • edited June 2016
    the 18 seater scary (6seater on 3 tables) was very popular back in the day but they got fazed out when deepstacks became popular and sky wanted to move on from being fast. 
    i used to turn a small profit at these and was good fun. these whereperfect for noobs aswell. for a few reasons but mainly as they have more of a learning curve for torns as the beging middle and end to them are very similar.

a big plus 1 for me.

come to think of it the scary had much more traffic than the speed games. dym is not for me so i need a proper stt like a mtt stt.

• edited June 2016
     just find it really frustrating with SNGs as I dont enjoy DYMs - the strategy is completely different  and I fully understand why people enjoy the DYMs.

I can reg for a speed 6 max SNG... and be the only person registered for half an hour... then a second person joins... and within a minute the SNG is full... its crazy!

I would love these and I genuinely believe they would add to the site! 

Also 6 max hypers would be delightful!

Danny
  • edited June 2016
    Seems unlikely multi table SNGs would ever run. I'd definitely get behind 6max hypers though, these could maybe be popular. (with 5% rake) 
  • edited June 2016
    closer to the standard 2.5 / 3% would be better :)
  • edited June 2016
    Ask and you shall receive, hopefully these are popular 
  • edited June 2016
    This is fantastic i play a similar game on another site may try some of these tonight
  • edited June 2016
    This is fantastic i play a similar game on another site may try some of these tonight
    Posted by stuarty117

Don't think they have been added, it was just a suggestion. Can't see it happening tbh, although i do like the idea of 6 max hypers.

Edit - silly me, i see they have been added. Nice one sky, looking forward to trying a few of those
  • edited June 2016
    Check the hyper tab under sit and goes. £1-20 games 
  • edited June 2016
    Brilliant... thanks gents! looking forward to grinding these all night after the gym! much easier to multi table over heads up also
  • edited June 2016
    In Response to Re: Multi table SNGS : I appreciate the point that mtt size is small.... But for those wanting to play something with a bit more depth it would be easy to jump in to a 12 man speed Sng or something similar. I could be a million miles off thinking they will fill fairly easy but if there were 2/3 people playing these reguarly the rest would follow
    Posted by Itsover4u
    I think they will fill quicker than headhunter MTTs
  • edited June 2016
    I noticed one other player the the £10.50 and £21 so decided to join, nearly 90mins later there are still just the two of us regged.
  • edited June 2016
    I would hardly say this is prime time for Sky.... I have sat Hu at 4 tables for an entire day before without getting any action. I would be willing to back it that these will run tonight. Especially around £5 and £10 level
  • edited June 2016
    I agree that they could work, but there is no point in sky adding them if they are not going to promote them. 
  • edited June 2016
    Anyone fancy a 1.05 game me and raggy94 regged