You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

under raising

edited June 2016 in Poker Chat
hi all,
please could some someone help answer a question to something i experienced this evening in a pub league game.

scenario. 3 players, 2 with 10000 chips 1 with 2200 blinds 400/800, all 3 positions are after big blind,
 player one raises to 1600,the short stack of 2200 shoves all in , I call the 2200, then initial raiser shoves all in with his 10000.
is he allowed to do this? i thought he can only just call as he had already made the intitial bet, had he not have already acted yet then i believe he would be allowed to shove all in then.
can someone help with this please

Comments

• edited June 2016
    You're right, if the shorty had shoved for 2,400 it would've been big enough for him to raise, or a player who has yet to act could shove, but he shouldn't have been able to.
  • edited June 2016
    In Response to Re: under raising:
    You're right, if the shorty had shoved for 2,400 it would've been big enough for him to raise, or a player who has yet to act could shove, but he shouldn't have been able to.
    Posted by chiggypig

cheers, thank you. all the best in your poker
  • edited June 2016
    This happens all the time in pub games along with the short raise i.e. blinds are 25/50 and UTG raises to 200, next hand raises to 300. This is normally allowed to stand in pub type games, as a lot of the players don't understand the rules properly it just causes confusion and they end up not playing in the future as they were only playing for fun as they put it. If it bothers you then check what is allowed with the organiser and play accordingly.