You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

How hot?

edited July 2016 in Poker Chat

The current temperature in Las Vegas is 46c, which is 115f.

It is expected to warm up later this afternoon.

Scorchio.

Comments

• edited June 2016

good job you stay inside,
  • edited June 2016

I hear it's colder than ever in the tournament room. Liv was saying it's 2-hoodie weather inside. Ridiculous really.
  • edited June 2016
    In Response to Re: How hot?:
     I hear it's colder than ever in the tournament room. Liv was saying it's 2-hoodie weather inside. Ridiculous really.
    Posted by NChanning
    VERY cold Neil, any players playing in WSOP Events at The Rip are strongly advised to bring a warm top & a hoodie. It can completely spoil the enjoyment & experience to sit there shivering.

It's worse for those that run deep in Events, of course. You know, I'm just saying.

• edited June 2016
    In Response to Re: How hot? : VERY cold Neil, any players playing in WSOP Events at The Rip are strongly advised to bring a warm top & a hoodie. It can completely spoil the enjoyment & experience to sit there shivering. It's worse for those that run deep in Events, of course. You know, I'm just saying.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Shorts and T Shirt should be fine Neil
  • edited June 2016

OUCHO.

Bit harsh, that.
  • edited June 2016
    I thought " how hot" was referring to Tikay looking in the mirror wearing one of those illuminous jackets.
  • edited June 2016

^^^^

Been saving them for when the Sky Poker crew arrive.

So far, I've been wearing a Sky Poker hoodie most of the time - it gets SO cold in the various cardrooms.
  • edited June 2016
    I'm really disappointed.

With all the recent changes, I thought the Hotometer was back.
  • edited June 2016
    I'm really disappointed. With all the recent changes, I thought the Hotometer was back.
    Posted by Phantom66
    No no, the new thing is Sam's idea, the PopUpOMeter.
  • edited June 2016
    Hi Tony
    How have our American cousins reacted to Brexit?
  • edited June 2016
    Hi Tony How have our American cousins reacted to Brexit?
    Posted by VespaPX
    Hi Mick,

They have been more concerned with mentioning the other Exit - the Iceland version.
  • edited June 2016
    Tikay- if the amount of layers you should wear in the card room is in direct correlation to how long you expect to last in a tournament, I think everyone would fully understand if you were to walk in 'au natural.'

I'll leave everyone with that image...

• edited June 2016
    Tikay- if the amount of layers you should wear in the card room is in direct correlation to how long you expect to last in a tournament, I think everyone would fully understand if you were to walk in 'au natural.' I'll leave everyone with that image...
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Mmm I think I might need therapy now lol
  • edited July 2016

Serves you right for boasting about the weather...I hear they had massive rain and huge hailstones yesterday which Vegas regulars know means flash floods as the streets and guttering and stuff aren't really designed for rain.

It's always a bit weird when you get any sort of weather in Vegas. I've had all kinds of rain and snow before...the rich ladies usually get out their fur coats the second the temperature gives them any excuse.

Rainbows all round today.
  • edited July 2016
     Serves you right for boasting about the weather...I hear they had massive rain and huge hailstones yesterday which Vegas regulars know means flash floods as the streets and guttering and stuff aren't really designed for rain.  It's always a bit weird when you get any sort of weather in Vegas. I've had all kinds of rain and snow before...the rich ladies usually get out their fur coats the second the temperature gives them any excuse.  Rainbows all round today.
    Posted by NChanning
    Yup, huge thunderstorm, hailstorm & heavy rain right across the Las Vegas valley yesterday, & I actually saw a rainbow at around 7pm.

A taste of the problems it caused is here....

https://lasvegassun.com/news/2016/jun/30/severe-thunderstorm-warning-issued/