You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Adobe Flash Player

edited July 2016 in Poker Chat
Has anyone tried opening a table and gets the message "get adobe flash player".

Comments

• edited June 2016
    In Response to Adobe Flash Player:
    Has anyone tried opening a table and gets the message "get adobe flash player".
    Posted by DoyleBrun
    Yes I got this on friday night.......

I clicked on the link, updated the adobe flash player & it still did not work.

I checked & it said I had the most up to date flash player, but table still wouldn't open until I re-started my PC.

Worked fine once I re-started my pc after installing the new flash player, but i'm convinced I had the most up to date flash player in the first instance.
  • edited June 2016
    Yes I got this after an update. Registered into a Hu turbo.... table loaded with that message.

by the time I got that message 80% of my chips had gone from a reg who I will remain nameless....

Long story short...

Sky looked at my hand history saw I was genuine and gave me a full refund (minus rake) Which I though was very professional.
  • edited June 2016
    Yes Trev I have google chrome which has up to date Adobe Flash Player so I uninstalled like it said but when I went to reinstall it said I already had AFP so I went to system restore got AFP back on my system tried opening a table and it worked. Cheers anyway fine now.
  • edited June 2016
    me too,i uninstalled flash the re-installed still had the same problem sat there scratching me head wondering what to do so logged off logged on then it worked i didn,t re-start my pc tho
  • edited June 2016
    Same here. Updated, wont work on download.

Currently playing on browser.......

and its pants :(
  • edited June 2016
    just had the same thing happen now i keep getting something called true key popping up
  • edited June 2016
    Same problem here. Just logged on and did the update on the download. The tables wont load and it says get adoble flash player.

Well done again Sky, can guarantee problems straight after an update/maintenance.
  • edited June 2016
    highlighted this thread via email to Sky Poker peeps
  • edited June 2016
    Hi Guys,

Our tech team have asked for some screenshots of the issues that you are experiencing. These will be very helpful for us to investigate.

Sam
  • edited June 2016
    In Response to Re: Adobe Flash Player:
    just had the same thing happen now i keep getting something called true key popping up
    Posted by weecheez1

This also installed on mine.... the plot thickens!
  • edited June 2016
    Posted by weecheez1
    Hi,

True Key is a password manager provided by Intel on both Windows and Mac, so is unrelated to any Flash issues you might be seeing.

Last week, Adobe issued a security advisory for Flash Player, so depending on browser and operating system you may start seeing "Flash Security Alert", "Blocked plug-in" or similar messages when trying to use any site with Flash content.

To continue using Flash content, you should make sure that you have the latest Adobe Flash Player from Adobe's Web site. As some users have found, you may need to uninstall your current version of Adobe Flash Player.

If you continue to experience issues, please reply to this thread with details of browser (Chrome, Safari, Download Client etc) and operating system (Windows, Mac etc) as well as any relevant screen shots that show the issue, so that we can help further.

Thanks,

Chris
    Sky Poker Technical Team
  • edited June 2016
    If it helps......

Mine happened using windows 7 on a lappy with the download client. I managed to open the tables using my browser "Firefox & IE" with no issues, So it could just be the DC that is affected.

To decribe the issue....
    The tables open as normal in DC, however, the screen inside the borders is a Grey Colour with text which says "Get Adobe Flash Player" when you click on it, it then takes you to the Adobe Website.

Don't have a screenshot as I have now resolved the issue, but if it occures on one of my other PC's/Devices I will post a screenshot on here.
  • edited June 2016
    i was running the download on windows 10. When i opened the download it asked if i wanted to update adobe, so i did. The download opens, and the lobby and everything fine, but when the tables open it simply goes white in the window the table is in and has a small banner in the dead centre saying "get flash player".

Ive updated adobe loads of times the same way in the past and never had any problems with sky.

I can play via the browser fine.
  • edited June 2016
    Try downloadings and installing Adobe Air. I didnt think the DC used Flash and used that instead. I know that its not what its asking for but might be worth a try? Also I've mentioned before in a thread but clearing your cache sometimes fixes SKY troubles for me. I'd try both and see if it works
  • edited June 2016
    Hi Guys, Our tech team have asked for some screenshots of the issues that you are experiencing. These will be very helpful for us to investigate. Sam
    Posted by Sky_SamT
    I've been sending screen shots of this problem and for all the help I got I might as well not bother...... so many "minor" problems at this point I'm not sure I can really be bothered any more
  • edited June 2016
    Like I said I uninstalled flash player went to reinstall but it said I already had it so I went on system restore when I tried the tables after this it was fine.
  • edited June 2016
    In Response to Re: Adobe Flash Player:
    Try downloadings and installing Adobe Air. I didnt think the DC used Flash and used that instead. I know that its not what its asking for but might be worth a try? Also I've mentioned before in a thread but clearing your cache sometimes fixes SKY troubles for me. I'd try both and see if it works
    Posted by The_eggs
    Currently to use the Download Client, you'll need the latest versions of both Adobe AIR and Flash Player. We're working to remove the need for these in the future though.
  • edited June 2016
    I have this issue constantly on the Mac. Also, there is a really irritating pop up about security certificates...

Literally tried everything.
  • edited June 2016
    I have this issue constantly on the Mac. Also, there is a really irritating pop up about security certificates... Literally tried everything.
    Posted by izzysteer
    Security Certificates is likely unrelated, but can you check you have the latest versions of:
    • Adobe AIR (version 22.*)
    • Adobe Flash Player (version 22.*)
    • Sky Poker Download Client (verison 1.135)
    If you have this, please can you click "Show Certificate" when you get the certificate error pop-up, and send a screen shot? I would expect it to look something like this:

• edited June 2016
    Had to run two seperate bitss of software and change my internet browser to get rid of this problem but what really annoys the ****  out of me is i got no help from sky, tech department is a complete joke...... 
  • edited June 2016
    In Response to  Re: Adobe Flash Player : Currently to use the Download Client, you'll need the latest versions of both Adobe AIR and Flash Player. We're working to remove the need for these in the future though.
    Posted by Sky_ChrisB
    Could I make a suggestion - could this be pinned at the top of the board, as its quite vital information.

Also a year or so ago, there were lots of articles in computer magazines listing potential problems of Flash Player, maybe they have been fixed, I'm sure someone is more up-to-date on this than me and can answer that.
  • edited July 2016
    I am geting this error also and have just reinstalled all adobe and still no luck? :(
  • edited July 2016
    i have windows 7 and google chrome and have the most recent updates of adobe air and adobe player, and mine also says "Get adobe flash player" when i try to load a table up from the downloadable app.