You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The weekly TV show

edited July 2016 in Poker Chat
So... any word on the new format coming next week? And will Rich be making an appearance - it's been a while!

Comments

• edited June 2016

i understand that rich is currently shopping for a short dress to keep the #skypokertv twitter contributors to the show happy.

• edited June 2016
    In Response to Re: The weekly TV show:
    i understand that rich is currently shopping for a short dress to keep the #skypokertv twitter contributors to the show happy.  
    Posted by aussie09

.. and some footwear that shows of his feet.

• edited June 2016
    Any live play in the second hour i'll have to start saying good night. 11pm is late enough knowing I have to be up at 7am wednesday.
  • edited June 2016
    I often hit the sack at 1.00am and im up at 6.00am.Irish Rose seems to survive sometimes on 4 hours kip. Get a grip craig!! Lol. Mind you, i am ......ed in the morning.  And no,its not tired..
    Posted by chilling
    We volenteers need all the sleep we can get, i'm very tired tonight following 6 hours worth of out door work easy when it's bolsom pulling but not when it's boardwalk construction. augest i'll be awake until around 3-4am then up at 9 every single day
  • edited June 2016
    Try decorating for 37 years lol
    Posted by chilling
    chills, just get it finished.

• edited June 2016
    Posted by chilling
    is it the forth rail bridge
  • edited June 2016

Just about to leave the house and find out what it'll be like. Rich is on. I'm playing Tony Cascarino and Kev Williams is analysing. Good chance we'll talk a bit about getting out of Europe.
  • edited June 2016
    Posted by chilling
    And my partner moans when it takes me 6 months to get a room decorated, need to tell her how lucky she is!
  • edited June 2016
    The man once consistantly playing master cash will be away a good number of weeks, Remaining up until 11 pm is late enough now that  the 6 table cash doesn't start until after 11pm I'll be only joining on day when I know i'll be able to remain up late. 

Tonight will be a one of those nights because work is going to be done on a site where we all usually meet to get onto mini bus.
  • edited June 2016
    No posts in this board for 5 hours!

Liked the format tweak but wasn't the initial HU round a bit short? Can't remember the numbers but I do remember them being quite short stacked to begin with and I think it was all over in about 10 mins (?)

And not knocking anyone but some fresh guests would be nice :) Wayne Mardle or Steve Davis for example.

• edited July 2016

I definitely think the new links and stuff, like the things explaining the rules and the people talking about their dream poker table and stuff freshen it up. I'm not exactly sure why we dropped down the stakes in the cash section...I think it was so that all players could imagine themselves there and not feel that this was an unrealistic amount of money...I'm not sure it makes that much difference as even if you have never played above 5p/10p I'm sure you can put yourself in the shoes of someone playing £1/£2...just maybe not £25/£50.

On the getting new guests front it is such a massive time-burner for Dan the producer. He needs people who want to do it, there isn't a huge budget to pay them, they need to have some kind of rough interest in poker and not mind being associated with horrible old gambling, it helps if people have heard of them...had a few people who retired from sport 25 years ago ask to come on, it helps if they are in London and it's good if they are chatty. All that is pretty hard to find.
  • edited July 2016
    So its not enough to be chatty and none of the rest then Neil? Oh well dream over!

:D