You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

people who are away

edited June 2016 in Poker Chat
i play a lot in vegas and if you are not sat at the table when the final card is dealt your cards are mucked.
With Sky many many times people are away and then suddenly re-appear when it is their turn and play the hand.

I think the rules should be changed on Sky that anyone "away" when the final card is dealt have their cards automatically mucked and no option to play

all thoughts are welcome

Comments

• edited June 2016
    In live poker, being absent is virtually always a conscious decision of the player (or at least the player's fault). Online, connections can drop at any time, even briefly.

I think the current situation is just fine.
  • edited June 2016
    In Response to people who are away:
    i play a lot in vegas and if you are not sat at the table when the final card is dealt your cards are mucked. With Sky many many times people are away and then suddenly re-appear when it is their turn and play the hand. I think the rules should be changed on Sky that anyone "away" when the final card is dealt have their cards automatically mucked and no option to play all thoughts are welcome
    Posted by nick501
    That is not the case in cash games in The Rio.

You are dealt cards even if you are away, & they remain "live" until it is your turn to act - if you are absent, they are then mucked, but only when the action reaches you.

The general issue Online with players being sneaky & showing as AWAY until they find a monster is a double edged sword actually. We often try to steal the blinds of the seemingly AWAY player, & then they suddenly wake up & we get cross with them.

Of course its "dirty" to feign away, but its also dirty trying to take advantage of it.

As we reap, we sow.

• edited June 2016
    In Response to Re: people who are away:
    In live poker, being absent is virtually always a conscious decision of the player (or at least the player's fault). Online, connections can drop at any time, even briefly. I think the current situation is just fine.
    Posted by FCHD
    Completely agree, we are comparing apples & pears.