You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

MultiStack Tournaments

edited July 2016 in Poker Chat

A new "MultiStack" Tournament makes it's debut on Sky Poker at 7.45pm this evening, with a £1,000 Guarantee.

You can buy in for two different amounts.....

For £10 + £1 you get 2,000 starting chips.

For £20 + £2 you get 5,000 starting chips.

When entering, you will be presented with a Menu, where the default is 2,000 chips for £10 +£1.

If you prefer 5,000 chips for £20 + £2, click the alternative Option.

The Tournament Lobby for tonight's MultiStack Tournament is
HERE

This is a TRIAL, to gauge reaction & popularity. It may continue for a while, dependent upon popularity. Other price points (say, £20 + £2 & 50 + £5) may be trialled in due course, too.

Constructive feedback most welcome.

Enjoy.   

Comments

• edited June 2016
    Beyond my Bankroll so will not be entering.

I did quite enjoy the dynamic of the multi-stack FR that were based on qualifying days played the previous week but this is a different thought process on whether you pay cash to enter or not.

With the extra value in chips for your 2nd £10 I am not sure of the point in entering for the lower amount?

I would have thought if your bankroll limit is £10 then you are better off entering comps with a level playing field, ie a freezout or BH but then I suppose many people enter rebuys/rentries with no intent of doing so. At least your disadvantage v better rolled players is capped.

Always good to try out new things though, so GL. 

• edited June 2016

All noted & fair comment, Phantom, this is a trial, & they'll see how it goes.
  • edited June 2016
    Good afternoon Sir Tikay.
    Variety is the spice of life.
    All the best.
    Rainman397.
    P.S HAS ANYONE MENTIONED THE £2.20 @2.20 DEEPSTCK YET.
  • edited June 2016

could we trial some £1 and £2 buyin ones, so all can experience and comment?

• edited June 2016
    Good idea imo. A lot of players don't mind, or even think about, whether there's equal value in the playing field. This kind of thing, along with multi-entry, is the future of MTTs, or the present depending on which site you play on ;)
  • edited June 2016

REMINDER - the first of these starts shortly, @ 7.45pm.

The Lobby is
    HERE
  • edited June 2016
    In Response to Re: MultiStack Tournaments:
    Posted by MrWh1te
    I would imagine that is possible, Mr Wh1te, but I'll ask the question.
  • edited June 2016

rainman...

has anyone mentioned the multistack at 7:45?

• edited June 2016
    Posted by MrWh1te
    The Suits have confirmed that they have the facility to run these at ANY price points, so yes, it's possible they may trial £1 £2 jobbies.
  • edited June 2016
    In Response to Re: MultiStack Tournaments : The Suits have confirmed that they have the facility to run these at ANY price points, so yes, it's possible they may trial £1 £2 jobbies.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Expensive-even the stations only charge 20 pence
  • edited June 2016
    In Response to Re: MultiStack Tournaments : Expensive-even the stations only charge 20 pence
    Posted by Essexphil
    30p at Waterloo Station.
  • edited June 2016
    I felt the structure was too slow for a 5k starting stack.
  • edited June 2016
    Poker, By Law, used to be a game of equal chance. Some people will be more equal than others.

I will be raising such issues with the shadow culture secretary, if i can find one lasting more than a week in the job
  • edited June 2016
    I felt the structure was too slow for a 5k starting stack.
    Posted by jordz16

I felt the structure was too quick for a 2k starting stack.
  • edited June 2016

Here is the result and numbers for those interested...

86 runners. Prize pool was £1,370. Result -

Prize

ddomo3250001£390.45
    FeelGroggy02£250.71
    JARV103£156.18
    TTayseer04£126.72
    johnny_e05£103.44
    loololollo06£86.31
    CornishPro07£72.61
    POKEY201108£58.91
    MAXALLY09£45.21
    wi03010£45.21
    TheDart011£34.25
    pokarito012

• edited June 2016
    I watched the FT as I was interested to see the points awarded to each player once elimintaed (so I could see what % of players bought in for 2k/5k).

All players were awarded 10 poker points. I'm assuming this is just a mistake awarding correct points? (one which cannot be rectified?) Or did anyone buying in for £20+2 get awarded 20 points?
  • edited June 2016
    I watched the FT as I was interested to see the points awarded to each player once elimintaed (so I could see what % of players bought in for 2k/5k). All players were awarded 10 poker points. I'm assuming this is just a mistake awarding correct points? (one which cannot be rectified?) Or did anyone buying in for £20+2 get awarded 20 points?
    Posted by goldnballz
    That does not sound right to me, but I've asked the question, & I'll let you know. For £20, a player should get 20 points, & I'd be surprised if they did not.   
  • edited June 2016
    Poker, By Law, used to be a game of equal chance. Some people will be more equal than others. I will be raising such issues with the shadow culture secretary, if i can find one lasting more than a week in the job
    Posted by CxE1
    A week is quite good by current standards - the Shadow Education Secretary, Pat Glass MP, lasted exactly 2 days.
  • edited June 2016
    In Response to Re: MultiStack Tournaments : That does not sound right to me, but I've asked the question, & I'll let you know. For £20, a player should get 20 points, & I'd be surprised if they did not.    
    Posted by Tikay10

FTR... I paid £20 +rake for a 5K stack. On exit, I got this message...

MAXALLY has finished 4th and wins £110, and was awarded 10 Poker Points.

(possibly a slight brag post too ;) )
  • edited July 2016

* bump *

Has this been sorted yet please?
  • edited July 2016
    * bump * Has this been sorted yet please?
    Posted by MAXALLY
    I'll chase it up, Alan.
  • edited July 2016
    In Response to Re: MultiStack Tournaments : I'll chase it up, Alan.
    Posted by Tikay10

Cheers.
  • edited July 2016
    In Response to Re: MultiStack Tournaments : FTR... I paid £20 +rake for a 5K stack. On exit, I got this message...   MAXALLY has finished 4th and wins £110, and was awarded 10 Poker Points. (possibly a slight brag post too ;) )
    Posted by MAXALLY
    obvs been working hard on your photoshop skills.