You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Durrr Million dollar challenge v Sammy

edited February 2010 in Poker Chat
Sky Sports last night, who would have made the call?  Personally think he had to fold it

They were playing if someone wins a pot with 72 they get an additional 10k

Dwans on the Button with 7s 2h, Sammy has Ad 6c
Sammy checks, Dwan raises to 6k, Sammy calls.  Dwan says he has 7 2 but Sammy doesn't believe him.
Flop Jh Ah 6h
Sammy checks, Dwan raises 10k, Sammy re-raises 27k, Dwan calls the extra 17k.  66k in the pot
Turn 3c
Sammy checks, Dwan raises 48k, Sammy calls. 162k pot
River 3d
Sammy checks, Dwan is all in 479.5k
Sammy folded after a few minutes and Durr showed the 72

BTW who was commentating?  was it Brian Townsend

Comments

• edited February 2010
    "Does chicken count as meat?"

• edited February 2010
    Felt like more than a few mintues, seemed to take at least 10 mins to fold, and then some of the waiting mgiht have been edited, did enjoy watchnig it tho
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Durrr Million dollar challenge v Sammy:
    Sky Sports last night, who would have made the call?  Personally think he had to fold it They were playing if someone wins a pot with 72 they get an additional 10k Dwans on the Button with 7s 2h, Sammy has Ad 6c Sammy checks, Dwan raises to 6k, Sammy calls.  Dwan says he has 7 2 but Sammy doesn't believe him. Flop Jh Ah 6h Sammy checks, Dwan raises 10k, Sammy re-raises 27k, Dwan calls the extra 17k.  66k in the pot Turn 3c Sammy checks, Dwan raises 48k, Sammy calls. 162k pot River 3d Sammy checks, Dwan is all in 479.5k Sammy folded after a few minutes and Durr showed the 72 BTW who was commentating?  was it Brian Townsend
    Posted by POTTSY82

Isaac "luvthewnba" Haxton was the co-commentator with Jesse May! It's the first time I've felt sick for someone whilst watching poker - I've seen $1 million pots between Ivey/Dwan/Antonius which I shrugged off like they were using play chips but seeing the pain and emotions on Sammy's face was gut wrenching and it felt like I'd just been on losing session, not him! The limits must've got to him and the money meant too much but from being $450k down, that pot would've put him $130k up - and then to top it off, durrrr had to show the 7 2 and take another $10k from him...so sick! 

As for the hand, I thought he was trapping all the way through (bigger raise on flop would've been better) and was check calling the river but once the all in came, Sammy couldn't bring himself to follow his instinct! I don't understand how someone can spend £250k on a watch but urge on the side of caution with that hand though - I guess he thought another Ace would check behind so it was either complete bluff or the nuts and the bet put him outside his comfort zone!
  • edited February 2010
    Sammy definately wasnt scared of the limits involved!! With that river bet, he has to be behind, he just has to!

Wot sik individual would make that bet on the river with 72.... oh yeah durrrrr! my bad.
  • edited February 2010
    i was under the impression you arent allowed to tell your opponent the truth about your cards? well thats what i was told in DTD by one of the dealers at the SPUKT final
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Durrr Million dollar challenge v Sammy:
    i was under the impression you arent allowed to tell your opponent the truth about your cards? well thats what i was told in DTD by one of the dealers at the SPUKT final
    Posted by hurst05
    The rules are much more relaxed in a cash game and is dependant on the location and the players involved.  They had been doing similar stuff all game so I don't think that's a problem.

I think Sammy knew he was either up against the nuts or 72 as they were playing the 72 game.  Dwan just 'Jamie Gold-ed' Sammy.  In a game where sometimes you think everyone is lying to you, sometimes telling the truth can really help.
  • edited February 2010
    I was watching a bit of this just now.

I wish someone would offer me a stake in a race horse
  • edited February 2010
    all that just to get an extra 10k ...lunatic
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Durrr Million dollar challenge v Sammy:
    all that just to get an extra 10k ...lunatic
    Posted by stokefc
    Probably the only bet he could make to take the pot too.....Plus whats that gonna to Sammy's head for the rest of the game! - It must be fooooked!   That play will make him thousands in future hands :)